Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Strange email from adam dicker !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email sent from sales@dnforum many times .... Is this real email or spam
Hi Gee,
A few months ago I met a guy named Trent Dyrsmid and he introduced me to the concept of creating niche authority websites that could earn income on auto-pilot.

Obviously, the idea of earning online passive income intrigued me, so I thoroughly check him out and then watched every webinar and training video that he's created.

I also looked at how much money he was earning and in less than a year, he's been able to go from zero to about $6,000 a month!

Suffice to say, I was impressed and that is why I'm telling you about it.

https://vc993.infusionsoft.com/go/nsmpk/dcg

Normally, Trent's training sells for $47/month and up.

However, I'm very happy to say that I've convinced Trent to offer a HUGE discount on his training to DNForum.com members.
I
If you sign up before May 7th, you can get access for just $17. No monthly charges, ever. Just $17!

Obviously, if you are seriously interested in learning how to build credible websites that will earn passive income for years to come, this is a very good deal.

Keep in mind that he's only offering it at this price until May 7th, so you need to act now if you want to take advantage of this very special offer.

Cheers,

Adam Dicker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UNSUBSCRIBE. To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: UNSUBSCRIBE with your username.

Upvote 0

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess that didn't come out right as no ill was intended, all I was trying to say was we send out mailers regularly to save domainers $ and I have a coupon to email out for $2.50 registrations. I guess I'll just do it as a post.

Adam
Adam,

Posting the good stuff is problematic in that many dont have time to read forums every day. I might login every day for a week or two and then go a long time without logging in. The following would be really great Adam:

1. Have a set of subscribable Topics; one for Dev deals, one for registrar coupon codes, etc - let us choose which one(s) we want to receive
via email. This is very common in big companies, its super convenient. Its good to have a check box to subscribe all, or unsubscribe all.
2. For each topic: daily email, weekly, or monthly digest. I would want coupon codes daily (since they expire so fast), top domain lists
weekly, and dev offers monthly. Hottest info, like coupon codes, should be tweeted as well. Have some Sweet Tweet Deals.
3. Any email you send needs a clickable unsubscribe at the bottom; and one that does not require me to type in my email address.
I use different addresses, for different things, and cannot keep it straight just by recall. Normally, any email with a weak or
missing unsubscribe, I send right to Spam; unless its from Mother Theresa, a relative, my bank, or DNF. :)

I would suggest you send out a News email, once a month, to all members. No opt out. DNF news, any new dnf regulations (like, if moderator roles change somehow or forum rules change). Such a news email can have a section describing what Topics are available, a Domain Calendar (upcoming auctions, etc), notable news (big UDRP's, new TLD news, Scammer alerts), etc; this is very monetizable too. It could be once a quarter, except for the news part; if you did it once a quarter then News would become one of the topics above, and maybe scammer alerts.

In other words, email me the info I personally need so i dont have to be out searching for it all the time! :)

Kevin

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with this email (and what I thought when I received it) is that it actually sounds like a spam email. I suppose this was the reason why so many people didn't liked it. Maybe, Adam (or whoever sends such emails on behalf of DNF) should just put some more efforts in making the emails more targeted to DNF's members (most of which are not newbies) and to explain better what is the benefit of the particular offer. In my opinion, it was not exactly the content that was bothering, it was the style of the email.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, one more thing, these 2 statements from you contradict each other:

"A few months ago I met a guy named Trent Dyrsmid and he introduced me to the concept of creating niche authority websites that could earn income on auto-pilot."

"Trent is a good guy, we have been working together now for about a year."

My take on it. The first statement was written by Trent himself in a prewritten "email swipe" for affiliates/partners to send out to their list. It is common practise to send "email swipes" to your list with just editing your name at the end.

However, being in the position Adam is as a forum owner and well known to the masses, perhaps taking 10 mins to edit the email would have been a better option. For one, this thread would probably not have gotten so heated and secondly, more people would have responded to the offer.

To sum up my post, yes the 2 statements above do contradict each other but that's not to say it's a lie or misleading.

BTW - I would have made this post for anyone that had the above quote posted about them and not because it's the forum's owner.

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
Well, if its not related to the forum updates, i defently think its a SPAM!

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No opt out.

With you all the way, except the above. The paying customer should have the option to opt out of a newsletter. You could make an argument for a no opt out list for important forum matters. Personally I would still give the customer the option to opt out of it.

It's extremely basic customer service. The function of a business should be to *serve* the customer. The customer pays the piper, the customer calls the tune.

P.S. Don't think I've ever seen a "newsletter" that wasn't selling something!

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I guess I'll just do it as a post.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me! (until such times as you make an opt-in list for sales emails - you could do both then!)

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The paying customer should have the option to opt out of a newsletter. You could make an argument for a no opt out list for important forum matters. Personally I would still give the customer the option to opt out of it.

(until such times as you make an opt-in list for sales emails - you could do both then!)

That is where I misunderstood. There were TWO emails, one, I suspect the first to get qued-out, was missing the unsubscribe notice. The second, which I didnt look at till much later, did have the unsubscribe.

I suspect the first one sent was found by adam or co, and was remailed with the required opt-out unsubscribe notice. It is hard to 'take back' the first one though.

So the opt-out unsubscribe exists as far as I am concerned. And it should for you too.

Now whether this is considered a solicitation or spam, that is up to be considered. I just opted out of all of them in my settings CP.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with this email (and what I thought when I received it) is that it actually sounds like a spam email. I suppose this was the reason why so many people didn't liked it. Maybe, Adam (or whoever sends such emails on behalf of DNF) should just put some more efforts in making the emails more targeted to DNF's members (most of which are not newbies) and to explain better what is the benefit of the particular offer. In my opinion, it was not exactly the content that was bothering, it was the style of the email.

I agree with this, the first thing I thought when I saw this email was: Wow what next, he's resorting to spam now?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There will be no more of these types of emails sent.

Adam

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread as I have been busy with other projects, to be clear, Yes I authorized that email and over 115 people sign up.

Do I need $17, no, is it a good educational tutororial by Trent, No, it's an amazing Tutorial on how to build Authority Websites, which by the way I have no been buiklding for months and getting on page 1 of Google. Hey Adam how come i didn't get that email :( Just Sayin

Google Panda and Penguin and I am sure more updates are making Authority Sites mandatory, do I really believe in this training, yes, I just went out and bought authoritywebsite.com and will be posting a business there that sellls authority websites.

Adam
Hey Adam how come i didn't get that email :( Just Sayin

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam,

If you remember, it's not the first time members complain about these messages.
I think the outcry stems from the fact that members are very sensitive to spam - or what they perceive to be spam.

It is not clear why we are receiving those E-mails, and if we can easily opt out.
For example by ticking off the "Receive Email from Administrators" option, or something else ?

One simple sentence could have cleared the uncertainty: "You are receiving this E-mail because you are a member of DNF and you opted to receive E-mail from administrators. Follow this link to unsubscribe or review your current settings in your control panel at DNF if you no longer want to receive this."

If we don't like something, we should able to withdraw, even if we opted in first.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never fear - detractors with so much free time on their hands will soon find something else to b***h about.

Which reminds me!,... whas up with all the checkboxes here being square??!! Whats up with that? Huh?

holypeter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is where I misunderstood. There were TWO emails, one, I suspect the first to get qued-out, was missing the unsubscribe notice. The second, which I didnt look at till much later, did have the unsubscribe.

I suspect the first one sent was found by adam or co, and was remailed with the required opt-out unsubscribe notice. It is hard to 'take back' the first one though.

So the opt-out unsubscribe exists as far as I am concerned. And it should for you too.

Now whether this is considered a solicitation or spam, that is up to be considered. I just opted out of all of them in my settings CP.

every experience a big lesson no matter how little

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've always had email notifications turned off from administrators so I did not receive this email. But what's really messed up about this whole thing is I did NOT receive a birthday wish yesterday, but I did receive a wish from all the other forums (which are FREE) and yet I never receive notifications from them. I feel if your going to solicit on a paid forum, you should have a separate check box for such emails instead of lumping all of them into one under Notifications by Administrators.

holypeter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've always had email notifications turned off from administrators so I did not receive this email. But what's really messed up about this whole thing is I did NOT receive a birthday wish yesterday, but I did receive a wish from all the other forums (which are FREE) and yet I never receive notifications from them. I feel if your going to solicit on a paid forum, you should have a separate check box for such emails instead of lumping all of them into one under Notifications by Administrators.

I didn`t know before now doesn`t mean you will not receive a birthday wish.

Happy birthday
more grease to your 'domain' elbow :)

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Are you freakin' seriously complaining about not receiving a birthday email .. or is this a joke?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you freakin' seriously complaining about not receiving a birthday email .. or is this a joke?

Your completely oblivious to the point I was making, Read it again and this time put your thinking cap on.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your completely oblivious to the point I was making, Read it again and this time put your thinking cap on.

Ohh i read it .. there are other ways to make a suggestion rather than *****'n about not getting a birthday email

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ohh i read it .. there are other ways to make a suggestion rather than *****'n about not getting a birthday email

Your a complete idiot.

Hard to believe you've been on the forum since 2004, Was it a piece of flying debris at Nascar that did it?

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happy 21st Birthday! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom