Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

T.r.a.f.f.i.c. 2004 Sold Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NeilUK wrote:

Life would be better without these grudges, isnt it about time to drop it and get on with something more productive/positive.
++++++++++++++++++

Well put.

What about the show do you think indicated a grudge?

Domain Summit 2024

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
neil,
my point exactly, that hal, you keep missing.
rick isn't the one that missed the opportunity. YOU are.
and with your continued bitching, who would want to sit
next to you at a top-notch conference dinner? all you would be
doing is complaining and bringing the crowd around you DOWN.
all you would be doing is saying negative things. WHY WOULD
ANYONE want to pay good money to be in close proximity to that?
good God, if you cannot see that, i'm done trying to temper you.

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're welcome :)

Don't forget, sponsors read this board and others.

They pay tons of money for shows, more than you or I do.

They don't want negative and disruptive people in their midst
to taint the experience of the other attendees.

After all, when it comes down to it, they're footing the bill.

If it were me, I'd actually exclude a few disruptives as well.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for your wisdom.

Next time I organize a tradeshow, I definitely won't make a blacklist with all my old grudges from years ago.

You think I should forget about that guy who cut me off on Route 95 4 years ago? Actually 4 years ago, 3 weeks and two hours. I still have the picture of his car on my wall, with tons of dart holes in it.

Also, I would still love to get together with you and have you tutor me about domains. I think it could be very beneficial. Can I be Your Daddy? Or maybe you could be my Mommy?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
Gregr and Michele Dinoia offered to have a domain conference in Pineto, Italy, in June 2003. After waiting to see what was happening, my wife and I bought non-refundable airfare from San Francisco to Rome. Then, Greg sold DNForum and did not adequately inform DCG about the planned event. Michele was not into organizing much, and he had offered free rooms at a hotel in Pineto. When it was clear that the meeting was falling apart, I sent many PM's to DCG, his staff, & Dinoia trying to help salvage the conference. There was not enough time, nor enough interest. A big part of the problem was all of the wannabees who said they would fly to Italy and then backed out. My wife and I had a nice time touring around Italy anyway.

That was going to be more of a get together rather than a conference. The location was not conducive to a substantial turnout. The lion share of domainers are in the US and Canada. I got vetoed on making the trip myself. My wife had a unwarranted fear of boggy men that were closer to Italy than the US.

As far as I know, no one was excluded from attending and the cost was an airline ticket to Italy.

Anyone else decides to put one of these get togethers together, I'd make a point to attend. I'd love to meet some of you guys.

If whoever puts it on requires that I beg or kiss ass to attend, then I won't be attending. I'd rather not belong to the club.

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>You think I should forget about that guy who cut me off on Route 95 4 years ago?

depends.

is he still firing shots at you today from his moving car ?

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hal.. your logic and reasoning are flawed.
give it up while you're still breathing.

YOU are firing the shots.

it's actually starting to sink in that you live to flame,
you live to argue, and instead of building your business or
character or wanting to help our industry, you like stirring
the pot and setting it on fire.

enough of this. i'm tired of trying to reason with you.

although you will dispute it, i wish you well.

marcia

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GregR wrote:

If whoever puts it on requires that I beg or kiss ass to attend, then I won't be attending. I'd rather not belong to the club.
+++++++++++++++

I guess that rules out T.R.A.F.F.I.C.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hal,

The "Pure Grape Extract" page at pge.org which you put up after you were contacted by Pacific Gas & Electric needs some tending - the link no longer goes to anything relating to pure grape extract.

Just a friendly reminder from the productivity department.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Hal,

The "Pure Grape Extract" page at pge.org which you put up after you were contacted by Pacific Gas & Electric needs some tending - the link no longer goes to anything relating to pure grape extract.

You learn something new every day. I never heard of pure grape extract until now. :eek:k:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Hal,

lol...well john..he seems to be making up for it with sour grapes here.

DaddyHalbucks said:
Thanks again for your wisdom.

Next time I organize a tradeshow, I definitely won't make a blacklist with all my old grudges from years ago.

•••Not to worry Hal...blacklist or not...you'll be the only one there.

You think I should forget about that guy who cut me off on Route 95 4 years ago? Actually 4 years ago, 3 weeks and two hours. I still have the picture of his car on my wall, with tons of dart holes in it.

•••Interesting..and you say you don't hold a grudge? Funny the only time your name comes up is when you start flaming. Not sure where your sense of entitlement comes from all you have show is as sunshine has said that you would be a negative influence on the group.

Also, I would still love to get together with you and have you tutor me about domains. I think it could be very beneficial.

•••I don't think she specializes in trademarked names and story telling.

Can I be Your Daddy? Or maybe you could be my Mommy?

•••Nice...you show again just why your not someone that's company is desired. Sounds more to me like your mommy and daddy didn't spend the time to teach you any manners...your not one of those diaper dudes are you...thats pretty twisted.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John,

Is 'PGE' distinctive?

If it is, how come all these groups are/ were using it:

Pacific Gas & Electric
Portland General Electric
PGE Inc. http://www.pge.qc.ca/FRANCAIS/WELCOME.HTML
Platinum Groove Entertainment
PGE Corporation Limited http://www.pgenordic.com
PGE Distribution Inc. http://www.pgedist.com
Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering
Procuradoria-Geral do Estado de Mato Grosso do Sul
Procuraduria General del Estado
Procuradoria Geral do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Prime Group Realty Trust (Ticker: PGE)
PGE Golf Balls (dead)
PGE Lipase Enzyme (dead)

You are a very learned man. Do you think all those above groups are infringing or using it under license?

If I am 'stealing' intellectual property, please be so kind as to indicate the proper owner. Please furnish the federal registration number and the class of goods.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted this on a competing forum and it got edited and it lost some zing.

I was amazed that so many sponsors latched on to the Rick's suck my ass fest. Didn't they see exclusionary notice plastered on the page? Sponsors need more customers. Limiting attendees by whether they've sucked Rick's ass or not means less potential customers.

I don't know if I'm on any ban list. It doesn't matter.
The fact that people that wanted to go and pay $1,000-$5,000 for the privilege weren't allowed to, doesn't set well with me. I won't do the Rosa Parks thing, I just won't get on the bus.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I am 'stealing' intellectual property

Who said you were?

I merely wanted to suggest that you check into the "order fulfillment" service for your PGE(tm) product, since they no longer seem to be selling any of your product.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
Sponsors need more customers. Limiting attendees by whether they've sucked Rick's ass or not means less potential customers.

Not if the sponsor's are sucking ass too. d:) If some of these attendees account for large amounts of revenue this could be lucrative for many of them to inform them about other business options for revenue.

However, yes I do agree that in a broader conference sponsors would demand more people coming. I would like to see a gathering of this nature. Anything outside of the US probably will be unsuccessful simply b/c I probably will not travel to Italy and there is a much larger base here.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the best way to assure a professional tradeshow is to pressure the sponsors.

I don't think most sponsors would appreciate a trade show operator who used a master Grudge List to ban attendees due to minor disagreements dating back years.

If a tradeshow operator tried to implement such a "grudge" list, attendees could simply complain to the sponsors, individually, or in mass. If that wouldn't work, attendees could organize a boycott of the sponsors.

All of what I am suggesting must be within the limits of the law.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Grape seed extract can still be ordered through the link.

mmmm.... nope. Clicked on it, went to the "grape seed" link, clicked on "buy grape seed extract", and they come up with a couple of herbal formulations, but none of your PGE(tm).

They don't seem to sell pure grape extract, much less your brand of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom