Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

THE GREAT DEPRESSION 2 and its effect on the domain name market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Orwell was right. Instead of calling it a Depression , the media has coined the phrase , the "Great Recession". Double speak lives on !!!

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
regardless things never got as bad as people like you doomsday people were saying.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
regardless things never got as bad as people like you doomsday people were saying.

Yet : )

None of the US's problems have been addressed. Much like getting another CC to pay off the first three isn't truly resolving your debt issues. There will be no doubt in anyones mind in the next 18 months that this is really just the start, not the end. The Doomsday predictions are just that though, fantasy.

It will be bad for a while, people will have to tighter their purse strings, you may even see monetary reform. Things will get better eventually as monetary systems are cyclical in nature.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It is going to be WORSE. There are no real jobs being created in this economy. The media has everybody fooled. Hyper-stagflation is going to be the end result of the Fed reserves QE to infinity currency devaluation. Premium Generic domains and gold and silver may be a good way to stockpile hard assets for the impending Fourth Turning.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The unemployment numbers are fake. The main reason why unemployment is going down is because fewer people are filing for claims because their benefits are running out.

You are correct draggar. This depression is still just starting. The rioting in Tunisia & Egypt is a DIRECT consequence of this financial crisis. The foreign aid the U.S. provides the Arab world is severely effected our ability to buy off these governments. The Egyptian government cannot afford to pass out unemployment checks any longer. Food inflation over there is out of control. The teens in the street are pissed.

When the velocity picks up here in the U.S. ----- watch out. Better to stockpile supplies now.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yet : )

None of the US's problems have been addressed. Much like getting another CC to pay off the first three isn't truly resolving your debt issues. There will be no doubt in anyones mind in the next 18 months that this is really just the start, not the end. The Doomsday predictions are just that though, fantasy.

It will be bad for a while, people will have to tighter their purse strings, you may even see monetary reform. Things will get better eventually as monetary systems are cyclical in nature.

people always say this but in the end, nothing ever happens. why? all i know is compared to the last half of 2008, first half of 2009 I am doing way better business wise and other businesses must be as well because they are buying domains from me.

to the lord: were you saying to stockpile supplies 2 years ago, well those supplies have gone bad now. you are now saying the same thing again. i think people like you will continue to say the same things for the next 50 years and eventually something might happen but there always have been people like you, always will be. one thing is for sure, mindset plays a huge role, so people like you are actually harming the economy by being so negative. negativity breeds fear, fear breeds panic and then you are in the shitter.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to the lord: were you saying to stockpile supplies 2 years ago, well those supplies have gone bad now. you are now saying the same thing again. .

Gotta rotate those cans in the pantry

FIFO

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! This old classic is still bouncing around DNF. Some things never change. :D

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people always say this but in the end, nothing ever happens. why? all i know is compared to the last half of 2008, first half of 2009 I am doing way better business wise and other businesses must be as well because they are buying domains from me.

to the lord: were you saying to stockpile supplies 2 years ago, well those supplies have gone bad now. you are now saying the same thing again. i think people like you will continue to say the same things for the next 50 years and eventually something might happen but there always have been people like you, always will be. one thing is for sure, mindset plays a huge role, so people like you are actually harming the economy by being so negative. negativity breeds fear, fear breeds panic and then you are in the shitter.

I don't think things will go as bad as lordbyroniv's hyper inflation, stock pile for the apocalypse scenario. As for the US$ going down, the numbers are out there for everyone to see. The national debt, the unfunded liabilities of Medicare, Medicad and SS. The interest on the treasuries is mounting. People can keep saying what they want, any fool understands you cannot pay off debt by taking on more, unsustainable debt.

2008 is not the cure from over 30 years of spending (off of the gold standard). Someone has to pay for that, and no one has yet in that country. There is only two options when you have unsustainable debt. You default on the payments or you simply don't pay them. Until then, you can keep putting the bill on your CC, which is what the Federal Reserve acts like, printing money for free (it's not free to us since we pay for it through inflation, but it's free for the US government with a lending rate of 0%).

I don't know how bad it will get, so I won't go into some story about that. The worst is yet to come, and how that plays out is something I wish I knew the details of. If we did, we'd all retire early, this is the greatest opportunity of our lifetimes. Gotta pick a winner. Commodities look to be it.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a good time to own the domains - silver.com or gold.com

Silver on a tear today, watching all those junior miners explode

Gold is the money of King; Silver is the money of gentleman; Barter is the money of peasants; Debt. is truly the money of slaves

Spend that fiat on quality domain names while you still can

Last edited:

NosajiX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gold is the money of King; Silver is the money of gentleman; Barter is the money of peasants; Debt. is truly the money of slaves
- Gold and silver make technology go round - domains wouldn't exist with out it. The fact that I sold my real silver 1 year ago for half of what I see it spot for today is makes me feel foolish - and still I think it not to be an unwise investment.

If the SHTF, silver has much more use than gold - gold only can be delivered to the kings.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
- Gold and silver make technology go round - domains wouldn't exist with out it. The fact that I sold my real silver 1 year ago for half of what I see it spot for today is makes me feel foolish - and still I think it not to be an unwise investment.

If the SHTF, silver has much more use than gold - gold only can be delivered to the kings.

I am certified silver bug. When this INFLATION hits it is gonna be wicked. If you want to compensate for dumping your physical too early, buy SLW and SVM. A refiner and a junior miner. Load up.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gotta rotate those cans in the pantry

FIFO
i find it hard to take a guy with a transformers avatar seriously. i think there is a good chance you are just a kid living with his parents.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i find it hard to take a guy with a transformers avatar seriously. i think there is a good chance you are just a kid living with his parents.

Ironic because I find it hard to take ANYTHING I read on a forum message board seriously.

Opinion should be formed based on facts, inferences and instincts.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Precious metals are a good hedge, but they aren't much as investments.

Wholeheartedly disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators