Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

THE GREAT DEPRESSION 2 and its effect on the domain name market

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Game over !

Scott

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
I've been investing for years in CRE, stocks, bonds, domain names and own a successful web development company. 2008 was an eye opener and believe it or not many sharp people made a killing on it. My business is doing great with corporate clients looking to increase their mobile presence while in step with the U.S. recovery. Yes, Europe is painful but it was painful before and we all survived. Corporations have a ton of cash on the side lines, need to grow and diversify - virtual assets still have value. Yes, the sky is falling for some but there's always profit to be made while others panic.

Have a great summer and stay frosty.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Depression? Impossible, not as long as our lord and savior "Obama" is guiding us, Leading us to a land we never thought possible, The land of debt and destruction.

Lord%20Obama_thumb.jpg

No need to worry about the private sector folks, during "Lord Obama's weekly sermon, the "ONE" informed us the private sector is "DOING JUST FINE" It's the public sector that needs help :idea: Why didn't we think of that? I guess that's why he's the Lord.

Do you realize the unemployment rate in the public sector is a whopping 4%! This is much too high for the almighty one, We need to employ more unskilled and illiterate people so they too can have a big FAT Pension when they retire and FREE Healthcare for the rest of their LIVES like all the other public employees have, This of course would all be at the expense of the private sector that enjoys a near 15% unemployment rate, the very sector that's "DOING JUST FINE" The sector that earns $18,000 LESS per year, per person on average than the private sector.

Lord Obama's Words of Wisdom for the day; TAKE from those who CREATE wealth and give it to those in the public sector who CONSUME wealth.

An amazing philosophy that added a record $5 TRILLION Dollars in DEBT in just over 3 years, Borrowing $4 BILLION DOLLARS every single day to grow the size of Government

Seriously, anyone who thinks Obama is deserving of another 4 years should have their ***ing head examined.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
Yes, the sky is falling for some but there's always profit to be made while others panic.

Very on point. I never panic. I am a realist. I invest where others run.

Domains are like all other investments.

I buy where the masses sell. I sell when the times are good.

It works. Doesnt matter if its gold, dollars, euros, or domains.

The tides are predictable.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, there's huge money to be made in times of rapid change. But people who see this as just another market dip and buying opportunity will get burned. This is a once in a 100 years kind of shift. It's gonna be a wild ride, and great opportunities for people who have plenty of cash to buy in at the bottom. I wouldn't say it's predictable, though, as there are too many variables when things get extreme.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After taking some time reviewing the new tld application list, and of course the dnjournal report, (was behind, just got back from a week at Yellowstone), I have to contemplate some things.

I see about half the applications were from real companies brand protection or otherwise, and the other half from tld investors/speculators.

Knowing how much each application cost, that wasnt suprising. What was suprising (or not) was the small number of targeted tld's.

And the list on dnjournal looked weak, very weak.

I think the market is waiting for a shoe to drop. (or a white elephant to drop ;) )

Any predictions anyone? The time is nigh.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody else notice that for the second time in three months, the first being the first time in history of the IDNX, that the dot com comparator has dipped below the NASDAQ benchmark?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Think outside the box

[video=youtube;1CLhqjOzoyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLhqjOzoyE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Think outside the box

[video=youtube;bO0-u900OG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0-u900OG4[/video]

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After taking some time reviewing the new tld application list, and of course the dnjournal report, (was behind, just got back from a week at Yellowstone), I have to contemplate some things.

I see about half the applications were from real companies brand protection or otherwise, and the other half from tld investors/speculators.

Knowing how much each application cost, that wasnt suprising. What was suprising (or not) was the small number of targeted tld's.

And the list on dnjournal looked weak, very weak.

I think the market is waiting for a shoe to drop. (or a white elephant to drop ;) )

Any predictions anyone? The time is nigh.

Stick ONLY with Blue-chip .com

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains are like all other investments.

I buy where the masses sell. I sell when the times are good.

It works. Doesnt matter if its gold, dollars, euros, or domains.

The tides are predictable.

Wise words Mike !!

Exactly my mindset too.. now has anyone got any traffic domains to sell me... I'm buying :wink:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Running a TLD is a license to print money.
They have learned a thing or two from the government.
Being on top of the food chain.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW these nice domains are coming up on Snapnames:
CRASHINGSTOCKS.COM
GOLDREPORTS.COM
HIGHINFLATION.COM

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's almost entertaining to watch the same people complaining about the bleak domain market, the same people who supported an incompetent thug from Chicago who didn't have a shred of experience in improving our economy, No Governing experience whatsoever.

Too many suffering from "I shot myself in the foot" syndrome.

When the economy recovers, (and it will under new leadership) domain values and parking will rebound as most markets will. The way to head off a depression is to get our own house in order, that means we need to CUT entitlement spending and Balance our budget, Reduce regulation that will create growth in the private sector, Reduce spending by shrinking Government instead of expanding it, and STOP borrowing and start paying down the National debt, which is currently near 16 TRILLION.

Throwing money at the problem does NOTHING to correct the problem and only makes it worse. $5 TRILLION added to the debt in a 3 year period is proof of that, What did it do? Were still in a recession and the National unemployment rate is over 12%, It was about 7% when the doofus took office.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I REMEMBER READING WHITE PAPERS ON THE GLOBAL INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY WHEN THE INTERNET WAS IN DIAPERS.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE --- THE FUTURE IS WIDE OPEN !!!!

[video=youtube;wSoC_KHu4_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSoC_KHu4_A&feature=related[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators