Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

THE GREAT DEPRESSION 2 and its effect on the domain name market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you people blind ???

Things are much much much worse then when I started this thread

Gold is consolidating at 1600

When I first started this thread, gold had a low of 700

Gold is going MUCH MUCH higher

QE to infinity is the only answer these bankers have to this debt. crisis

Buy hard assets

I prefer gold and premium .COM domain names

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are living through one of the greatest fiat bubbles of all time - And you are all blind !!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/expd/7287291288/

Virtual Beings in space
Connect with a virtual face
Floating through time
A virtual crime
Humanity now out of place
The Limerick King

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are living through one of the greatest fiat bubbles of all time - And you are all blind !!!!!
They're just as blind in Japan. People naturally want to believe that life will continue as they know it. The difference in Japan is that people already have a low standard of living relative to their wealth, whereas Americans tend to live beyond their incomes. That and I think Japanese are far less likely to become violent and riot when things get bad.

The thing for you, lordbyroniv, is that nobody can predict the timing on these things. Every sensible and informed person knows what's going to happen, but there's no way to know when - or what the trigger event will be. I know of at least a couple companies in Japan that are getting real estate loans like crazy, and buying all the land they can. I wish I was in a better position to face what's coming, but it is what it is.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They're just as blind in Japan. People naturally want to believe that life will continue as they know it. The difference in Japan is that people already have a low standard of living relative to their wealth, whereas Americans tend to live beyond their incomes. That and I think Japanese are far less likely to become violent and riot when things get bad.

The thing for you, lordbyroniv, is that nobody can predict the timing on these things. Every sensible and informed person knows what's going to happen, but there's no way to know when - or what the trigger event will be. I know of at least a couple companies in Japan that are getting real estate loans like crazy, and buying all the land they can. I wish I was in a better position to face what's coming, but it is what it is.

The Japaneese are beautiful people

Americans on the other hand are ignorant and grossly out of balance with the universe

I experience a level of SUPERFICIALITY with Americans that is quite frankly astonishing

This is a country comprised of grown-up children

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
never, it will always be 'just around the corner' for the next 50 years for sir byron.

You are being boiled alive and you don't know it. Frogs being boiled slowly alive are also skeptical of their situation and over estimate their resilience. Every one of them ends up with butter on their legs. Wouldn't even doubt the last one in the pot mistakes an empty pot as an invitation that things have settled down.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Western nations are going bankrupt... extremist parties rising... the outcome is usually war or riots. Personally I don't know what the future looks like but I see some scary shit ahead :uhoh:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Western nations are going bankrupt... extremist parties rising... the outcome is usually war or riots. Personally I don't know what the future looks like but I see some scary shit ahead :uhoh:

YUP !!!!!!!!!

The sheeple will likely be distracted from the true enemies --- the banking elite; the Rothchilds, the Rockefellers, the IMF, the fed Reserve, Timmy Geitner, Bernanke and the rest.

They will make us fight each other and spill our children's blood in a make believe conflict designed to forget about their crimes

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are being boiled alive and you don't know it. Frogs being boiled slowly alive are also skeptical of their situation and over estimate their resilience. Every one of them ends up with butter on their legs. Wouldn't even doubt the last one in the pot mistakes an empty pot as an invitation that things have settled down.

Whatever the future holds, i am not going to stop living my life in fear of some kind of impending crash. you've been posting this stuff for four years now. from my own personal perspective things are much better now than they were in 2008.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants to change their way of life, but being prepared can make a difference when things go wrong. Of course, nothing can go wrong but who knows :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants to change their way of life, but being prepared can make a difference when things go wrong. Of course, nothing can go wrong but who knows :)

I'm well aware of the possibility but to alter my finances so much so i can buy gold silver or land out in the country somewhere to live off when the 'grid' goes down instead of investing in my business just seems paranoid. the idea of paper money being worthless, i very much doubt we'll see that in our lifetime.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaining wise 2012 has been the worst yr from 2007 that I started domaining.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No, I can see it, and it's horrible!!!

08-fiat-500-press003.jpg

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_w8IO5jIfoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w8IO5jIfoA[/video]

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way,

The euro will not be saved by germany, and the american dollar will remain even stronger the benefacto fiat standard.

Inflation will prevail in a big way with the trillions of dollars printed the last few years to feed the bank machine and pay the war machine,

Which those who hold prior, will benefit.

Domians have two directions to go,... premium north, trash south.

The question is what is "premium".

Ever notice how every six months or year the definition of 'premium' changes?

The definition is changed by the buyers, and the sellers chase their tails sniffing for sales.

Think about it for a few minutes.

Fiat domains and valuations,.. nice quote from katherines link...
It is doomed to fail and if you are paying attention you can see it happening every day. These recent news reports are clear evidence of this.

Why do you think there are no real standards in appraisals. No real benchmarks. No real established credentials outside of sales mogals.

Because there are not any.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The euro will not be saved by germany, and the american dollar will remain even stronger the benefacto fiat standard.
That depends on China and the other creditors. As long as it is in their interest. Remember, your country no longer belongs to you. It was sold away years ago.

EU & US have the debt problem.
Little known fact: the collapse of the Soviet Bloc (beginning with East Germany) owes a lot the external debt and resulting insolvence. Debt must always be paid back one way or the other.

Inflation will prevail in a big way with the trillions of dollars printed the last few years to feed the bank machine and pay the war machine,
Bingo. Things are quite reminiscent of the 1930s.
Government create its own reality. But it's a fool game. It only works as long as people pretend to believe.

Ever notice how every six months or year the definition of 'premium' changes?
Really ? I think it's quite clear what's a premium name. The fundamentals are always the same.
Just don't listen to domainers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators