Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tired Of Seeing The Same Members Name At The Top Of The Sales Threads List Every Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Perhaps there should be a "high value domains" sales section like the one at NP, where a moderator determines which names are indeed worth more than $1000, or whatever value to be determined "high value".

GrainFarmer"

nooooooooooooooo- bad idea- that is leaving one or two people to determine for a whole forum of thousands what is and isnt premium names- and some of the names they have posted on namepros: (nothing againt the owners but...)

AidFind.com ??
Abeing.com ???
SeekCusine.com??

i would not do that at all- people over there have complained about it, and they will here too and who needs more complaints- many names served are not true generic premiums- car.com, go.com, etc... i said this already in this post-
anything else boils down to a matter of opinion- you may think a name is worth 1000 and a mod may not like it and think not-

also, you cant list all the names in the title grain farmer- some selling 10 or 20 names- they would never all fit in there-

after reading 5 pages of posts of trying to reinvent the wheel why dont you just add a simple line in the rules stating abuse will be warned- then warn those few who are spoiling the soup for you- and lets all just keep on selling- does this have to be that hard, i mean, this isnt a world hunger issue, it's forum bumping.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More threads per page is a good idea that someone suggested.

good idea perhaps a default of up to-100 ?? Probably would be less bumping..
Actually from your control panel Edit Options:...Thread Display Options....Number of Posts to Show Per Page
you have the option to set by default the amount of posts from 5-100

edit :sorry that is only posts...not threads

jim

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nooooooooooooooo- bad idea- that is leaving one or two people to determine for a whole forum of thousands what is and isnt premium names

but hang on, we have a certified premium domain certifier on board :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we all agree there are issues with bumping, and most of us do not want to be charged for posting. as FOCUS said we all are guilty for bumping our threads, simply because as JOHN has pointed out, it is necessary for selling.

can we possibly brainstorm the 3 worst bumping techniques and list them.
then the mods will have some verifiable data to use if they decide to update the rules.

What do the mods think of this?

Here are my three. I really don’t care if you don’t agree with me. Simply post the three worst bumping techniques that you would want a rule change made for. List them in descending order of importance to you IF and again I repeat IF a rule change is to be decided upon by the mods.

1. PM Sent/PM Received Keep the offers coming folks (absolutely lame IMO, we all have our email client open 24/7 and we don't need to be told a PM was sent or replied to or that you received multiple bogus offers, especially if you don’t plan on accepting any of them)

2. Price Reduction in excess of 3 or 4 times. (this will force people to think through their post ahead of time and not start with silly 2x enduser prices and if they do decide to start at a high price then they loose the chance of selling or they are really not selling just posting for the lurkers)

3. Minimum Information for the 1st Post
a) domain name (duh)
b) registrar
c) minimum offer with minimum bid increment or BIN Price

Some good ideas there!

there are enough rules and restrictions in the forum- if a few people are excessive, just drop them a note and tell them to chill- dont ruin it for everybody else.

Tried this too!

Bottom line: show me a list of inadequate rules and I will find my way around it. The tighter the rope, the further I will go. ;)

And the above quote, is the result of those efforts.

Once again the issue was NOT brought up to prevent or curtail sales!

Only brought forth to find a way to give others more time on first pages.

Again, I appreciate the constructive criticism and positive suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom