Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Tired Of Seeing The Same Members Name At The Top Of The Sales Threads List Every Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Word.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, but you sound mad about it-
i guess i dont quite understand your original post-
are you mad at bumpers?

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you're right- big was the op- sorry.....

so cant you set a bumping rule to curb the abuse?

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not set it up like a PPC Search site? If members want their threads on top, they need to pay for the priviledge, either $F or cash. Then the forum will make more money as well as solving the problem of bumping.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you know what giant- there is no such thing as the perfect selling platform- they all have their issues- sedo, ebay, forums-
but i like forums the best- :)

one day you gave me a warning for commenting in a sales thread- it was a nice comment, but i got warned anyways-
i may not agree with the "rule: but i have never comented again in a sales thread-

maybe those who are going crazy with the bumps should get a "you're going overboard" warning- and possible temp ban if it continues after that-
i like this format, and dont think it should change- just go after the criminals!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand both sides. I also understand that any member that is allowed to post in the sales section paid for that membership and that right to sell. If it is the same people that are bumping then there are only a limited number of sellers...selling.

Let's think of this the other way...what if no one was posting and the forum dried up? This thread would probably be offering more DNF$ just to post or to create a thread. That would be horrible for everyone involved. Let's be happy that we are a thriving forum.

Also, bumping your post is a must if you are a seller. Your original thread will get buried within 12 hours...and most buyers will not scroll 4-5 pages into the sales section since those are usually the old threads.

Just a thought...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why beat around the bush and just come out and identify who is doing the bumping and speak with them one on one about it?
What a novel approach and a simple solution to a simple problem.

If the rules permit fixed auctions, offers, and auctions...then members can do one of each. That should suffice. I recently did. Worked out okay. So, am I guilty if I had three sales threads going on at about the same time? And add a ccTLD?

Confront the guilty, inflict some pain...that's what I'm talkin' bout!:yes:

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont think in different sections- i think in the same one- super-bumping :bump2:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread. :ban:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As I said earlier, Adam has allowed us Exclusives to open more than 1 sales thread per category each day. But few are aware of it. Oops, until now :D

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Charging the DNF$ for that section is a good idea. But it also hits members who do not do this.

Some members already paid to become platinum or exclusive to post a sale, why double charge?

Whats that old saying?? ...if it ain't broke don't try to "fix" it?

Yeahhh!

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about a public flogging for the offenders, Disgraceful

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what about in the sales forums, having an extra quick search option to search "Sales Threads Created Today".

It gives users the option to weed through old sales threads that have continuing correspondence.

It doesn’t really address abusive bumping but gives a quick and easy alternative to searching the latest sales threads.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO, it just needs more policing, and the obvious abusers warned for excessive bumping, based on the reasonable perception of the mod/admin in question. I know it's hard to make rock-solid rules, but this would come under a rule of perhaps "excessive self-promotion"...

You are right, biggedon. Did you include yourself into the list? :smilewinkgrin:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=216257
12 days is hardly excessive.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sick of seeing things like - Urgent Sale or Offers from $99 on ABC.com

And then you know the person is asking end user prices on a reseller forum.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
boo hoo waahhh :cry:
..do you all realize how much space THIS thread has taken up and how tired I am of seeing this? Can we make a special DNF section for any whiny complainer threads that keep popping up & pretty much detracting from our real purpose or interests here so that they do not show up in the normal threads when they get bumped? Bumping sales is a necessary element of selling domains on an active forum and as Giant Domains said already a few times a forum is a very imperfect sales platform to begin with and people bump threads..that's reality...I think the mods are doing a very good job of policing this issue already if necessary and it's well within their power to deal with it effectively imo without rearranging a whole forum and making people pay to post sales threads and the other ridiculous suggestions..are we done here? :rolleyes:

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with biggedon, it is boring to see again and again the same crappy sales threads.
Mods should be able to temp ban abusive sellers imho.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with biggedon, it is boring to see again and again the same crappy sales threads.
Mods should be able to temp ban abusive sellers imho.

Examples please! :?: :?: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom