Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tired Of Seeing The Same Members Name At The Top Of The Sales Threads List Every Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We can all posts 100 links to each others sales threads with multiple bumps (mine included, along with DNP's & everyone else you can think of) since almost all sellers on here do it or have done it in the past..what does that tell you? Multiple bumps that get out of hand should simply result in the thread being closed but since it takes 24 hours to bump it again it does'nt come back up that often unless comments are made in the sales threads which is a MUCH MUCH bigger issue than this one being discussed...and people do get warned and temp banned for it..and yet, it still continues..and is one of the real reasons you see the same domain sales threads over and over and over.

Domain summit 2024

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between same sales threads and same sellers’ threads. Please note.

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Examples please! :?: :?: :?:
You know what i'm sick off? People PM'ing me out of the blue to tell me about their sales thread. Thats right
BLazeD said:
I am sick of seeing things like - Urgent Sale or Offers from $99 on ABC.com

And then you know the person is asking end user prices on a reseller forum.
Oh yes, I could not agree with you more. Like when a seller has been trying to sell the same name for twice its reseller value for months and then decides to do an auction or whatever with start price of $10 and it's a $xxxx name

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forums:
Are made up with Members, Threads and Posts - Without any of these the Forums HAS NO VALUE.

- Mods have the responsiblities of maintaining the integrity of the forums by enforcing the rules - NOT MAKING THE RULES.
- Why trying to limit only in sales forums? What about all the junk/garbage threads from other forums?

- Never ask public opinion from a forums: you will have 15 different opinions from 10 people.

You know what will happen to this long thread with many bumps? NOTHING.

Biggie is a good friend of mine and I have nothing against him but this thread is a nonsense thread.

Can we say case closed?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amen.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
appreciate all the opinions so far

this thread is still open for discussion!

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forums:
Are made up with Members, Threads and Posts - Without any of these the Forums HAS NO VALUE.

- Mods have the responsiblities of maintaining the integrity of the forums by enforcing the rules - NOT MAKING THE RULES.
- Why trying to limit only in sales forums? What about all the junk/garbage threads from other forums?

- Never ask public opinion from a forums: you will have 15 different opinions from 10 people.

You know what will happen to this long thread with many bumps? NOTHING.

Biggie is a good friend of mine and I have nothing against him but this thread is a nonsense thread.

Can we say case closed?

how dare you johnm? this nonsense thread is 3 pages and going :lol:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can a different mod close it? :eek:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Big is Adam bothered by this? What do you as a mod think should be done ? I agree with you it is a joke AD: Premium (really meaning piece of crap) domain must sell $20,000 > $10,000 > $5000 > $1000 > $500> OK $50 ok 500 F$

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Big is Adam bothered by this? What do you as a mod think should be done ? I agree with you it is a joke AD: Premium (really meaning piece of crap) domain must sell $20,000 > $10,000 > $5000 > $1000 > $500> OK $50 ok 500 F$

Some sellers are just better are creating a *perceived* value...since everyone likes to haggle so much and offer 50% or less of what you are asking since this is truly a resellers market, then people (sellers) have to ask MORE for their domains, even when they really are great domains..value is all relative and unless it's a revenue name where you can price it with a rev multiple then it's none of YOUR or anyone else's damn business what they ask for it pricing wise or what they drop the price down to...Who are you, BIG, or anyone else to tell people how to sell domains or create their pricing? Enough is enough. You might be overlooking the fact that it is a SALES tactic and it has been used in many industries for hundreds of years to make sales...and your example above is non-sense btw and very extreme..please do post a link to that mentioned example so I can buy it.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can a different mod close it? :eek:
WHO ARE you to tell BIG or any other mod which thread should be closed?

And anyone can comment on the sales threads here not just you clown

the example was an obvious exaggeration to highlight the point

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WHO ARE you to tell BIG or any other mod which thread should be closed?

And anyone can comment on the sales threads here not just you clown

the example was an obvious exaggeration to highlight the point

1) did not "tell"..asked...sorta as a joke, and members are allowed to request this and do very often, in case you are unaware
2)this is not a "sales thread" and you can comment all you want
3) exaggeration is only needed when their is no real evidence

But overall, changing the subject are we? (to detract from my point of course) Maybe if you try to get a "MOD" mad at me then you can freely post your opinions without my responses huh? Clown?...lol, your mom! hehe :eek:k:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Changing what subject? Obviously that is a sales tactic, but not with a domain devoid of all value.

Mod mad at you ? The mods all know you ? I mean DomainState and Namepros (under more than one id BANNED YOU ) So to you and your MOM hehe

Now when the mods really enforce this rule:
Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.
added to rules

I guess you up a creek

Typosquatting my way to a new 2008 Camaro SS. Thanks Disnye Wolrd

gpmgroup

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An idea that might help

Split the sales forums into subforums for TLDs (or groups for smaller similar TLDs) as many buyers are only interested in 1 or 2 extensions and it would save going through all the threads of TLDs their not interested in.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Idea Gpm

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Changing what subject? Obviously that is a sales tactic, but not with a domain devoid of all value.

Mod mad at you ? The mods all know you ? I mean DomainState and Namepros (under more than one id BANNED YOU ) So to you and your MOM hehe

Now when the mods really enforce this rule:
Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.
added to rules

I guess you up a creek

Typosquatting my way to a new 2008 Camaro SS. Thanks Disnye Wolrd

So since I used logic and real examples to counter your exaggerations then this turns from "sales being posted and bumped" to mocus getting banned at namepros 3 years ago in an obvious personal attack that nobody really cares about anymore and neither do I..so, you are really reaching..and it does'nt work little dude...and confused too I think..lol, now you are talking about my signature as if it's a domain for sale? I do not have currently, nor have I posted any TM domains for sale, they are all making PPC money for me as you waste my time in this thread..like I said..confused on your end...as usual, clown..LMAO :lol: :lol:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to you then on your PPC income

And no I am not confused typosquatting clown

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to you then on your PPC income

So, in other words you realize you were (are) very confused and mixed up, not to mention immature and childish in your name calling and personal attacks? Chant mocus three times and click your heels and it will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators