Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tired Of Seeing The Same Members Name At The Top Of The Sales Threads List Every Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems the worse the names are the more likely they are to get reposted and bumped over and over again by people who haven't gotten the clue yet. Its not just on here but its on every other forum that allows a for-sale sub forum.

I'd say a good format would be one post only, no additional posts allowed in the thread. No names reposted within 60 days.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say a good format would be one post only, no additional posts allowed in the thread. No names reposted within 60 days.

600 days, dude!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
or we could just let it be the way it has been working already...lol

dnalias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we all agree there are issues with bumping, and most of us do not want to be charged for posting. as FOCUS said we all are guilty for bumping our threads, simply because as JOHN has pointed out, it is necessary for selling.

can we possibly brainstorm the 3 worst bumping techniques and list them.
then the mods will have some verifiable data to use if they decide to update the rules.

What do the mods think of this?

Here are my three. I really don’t care if you don’t agree with me. Simply post the three worst bumping techniques that you would want a rule change made for. List them in descending order of importance to you IF and again I repeat IF a rule change is to be decided upon by the mods.

1. PM Sent/PM Received Keep the offers coming folks (absolutely lame IMO, we all have our email client open 24/7 and we don't need to be told a PM was sent or replied to or that you received multiple bogus offers, especially if you don’t plan on accepting any of them)

2. Price Reduction in excess of 3 or 4 times. (this will force people to think through their post ahead of time and not start with silly 2x enduser prices and if they do decide to start at a high price then they loose the chance of selling or they are really not selling just posting for the lurkers)

3. Minimum Information for the 1st Post
a) domain name (duh)
b) registrar
c) minimum offer with minimum bid increment or BIN Price

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems the worse the names are the more likely they are to get reposted and bumped over and over again by people who haven't gotten the clue yet. QUOTE]

not always true- have seen many times names from "respected" sellers do this-
its just a matter of: is the buyer out there for a name when the name is being presented- and even the good names dont always get a buyer first or second time out-

and altho many members have a grip on what is premium and what is not- it will ALWAYS boil down to a matter of opinion because far and few between on the forum do we see car.com or food.com for sale. that is one big mistake namepros does with their high priced forum- posts are allowed only if deemed worthy by an admin- wrong thing to do in a forum-

shoot i have had a name on sedo for like 8 mos- not the best name- and just today go an offer for 100 on it- countered with 300 and they took it- for 8 mos it had no buyer- till today. you never know when a buyer is going to read a post for the first time, even if it was posted 100 times.

i read those sections every day- and even tho i have noticed some do kinda bump like crazy- i just read the posts that interest me anyway- if its a bump i have read before, i just hop over it-

there are enough rules and restrictions in the forum- if a few people are excessive, just drop them a note and tell them to chill- dont ruin it for everybody else.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So we have 69+ posts so far.

Who would volunteer to collect the information from these posts and come out with a solution?

Or all the 69+ bumps will go to the 'No Man Land'?

Time will tell but you all know where they will end up to!

Make it 70 posts and counting......................

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:bump2:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just an idea for discounts:
set a minimum percent, like 10-20%
only to be used say 3x max or something.. per month i guess

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Tired Of Seeing The Same "Tired Of Seeing The Same Members Name At The Top Of The Sales Threads List Every Day?" at the top of the new posts every day? :D

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just an idea for discounts:
set a minimum percent, like 10-20%
only to be used say 3x max or something.. per month i guess

The %10 rule is already in place. So you can reduce the price 10 times.

If you want to limit to 3 times then increase the minimum to %33.33

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can also increase the price with no such limitations :D

Bottom line: show me a list of inadequate rules and I will find my way around it. The tighter the rope, the further I will go. ;)

Oh did I already mention Exclusives can open more than 1 sales thread per day per category?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:bump2:

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always agree the 11th commendment of dnf:
11. Thou shall not bump up more than 2 of your threads each day. (I made it up -O-)

Though its not really disturbing to see even 5 threads bumped. It gets tired really, but its just one single click to page 2.

TheOwner

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Charge DNF's?
Come on we paid to become members and sell/buy domains...
...the addition of paying to create sales threads is simply absurd.

I agree with Focus!!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well if you look at it from a point of view with what happens in real life this argument would state that seeing the same Ad's in a newspaper should also be banned? I see Mc and KFC ads all over my city ..they keep popping up you know why? becasue sometime or the other we do go and eat it :)..same over here there have been numerous times i have seen a domain being sold after the post was bumped by the original Thread opener..that does prove that many people miss sales threads or reconsider buying names after seeing it again.

Charging DNF to make thread is also not good IMHO.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Abuse is recurrent on the web.

More threads per page is a good idea that someone suggested.

Nothing can be done to prevent people from posting pseudo premium crap and bumping like mad.

GrainFarmer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thread bumping does not bother me as much as having to click on each thread to see what other names are for sale other than the one mentioned in the title. I for one would like to see a better system of naming sales threads with name(s) for sale rather than: "example.com and 100 others for sale"

I don't sell much, but always look to see what is for sale. If a system where you are charged to post a name for sale goes in effect here, forget about it. I'll go elsewhere to post.

Perhaps there should be a "high value domains" sales section like the one at NP, where a moderator determines which names are indeed worth more than $1000, or whatever value to be determined "high value".

GrainFarmer

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its easy to get sick and tired of seeing the same things day in and day out for sure.

Biggs take some time out from the forums if they are becoming annoying, its not that bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com