Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.us what is the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LtlPhysics Ten years from now, computer savvy kids will have kids of their own. Again, of all of the .xx's, .us will have the most value. Joe from Pluto is hopeless, but his kids may have more on the ball.

Why's that? imho if any .xx's is to pick up, .cn might be the most demanded (hence most value) given the chinese population. Just like to see the reasoning behind it... :)

L

LtlPhysics

Are you speculating in .cn? Do you speak their language? I don't know of a registrar peddling .cn, perhaps you do.

In English, "Hide the Nukes.cn," and "Kiss the Russian Butts.cn." "Don't Cook the Sushi.cn."

Originally all I said was that .us had more value than the other .xx's. China's extension, in their native tongue, would not, for the most part, be understood in the West; the US, Sweden, Transylvania, where ever.

English is the world's second language and the kids are learning it while their nurture circuits are still functioning. They would understand the .coms, .biz's, and most likely the .us. English is, after all, the business language of the world, whether we deserve it or not.

I have read here and at other sites of people from Europe wanting a .us presence. When was the last time you wanted a .fr website?:D

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I do speak both languages - chinese and english. I don't look into .cn domain names. But at least I'm putting a reasoning behind it - one I consider legitimate, but of course, please share you views too. You have Chinese from all over Asia - not just in China. But that's just my point of view of course.

Also, I'd personally like to see proof that people who speaks english prefer .us over any other extensions - why not .uk? Please share the other sites with us :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read recently that Asian governments are starting to give more importance to the English language to help their population get more adaptable to international business.

That's good news for .info and .biz. Chinese love the word business. And 'z' is not a problem to the tongue :D

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna reg my first .us domain today, just for the heck of it.

:cool:

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsofdomains
I'm gonna reg my first .us domain today, just for the heck of it.

Good luck DOD!! There are still some good ones available to be registered. Some good one-word domains as a matter of fact. I might reg one too!! :)

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by Omni
Yes I do speak both languages - chinese and english. I don't look into .cn domain names. But at least I'm putting a reasoning behind it - one I consider legitimate, but of course, please share you views too. You have Chinese from all over Asia - not just in China. But that's just my point of view of course.

I live in St. Paul, Minnesota, and have plenty of Hmong and Asian neighbors. My immediate neighbors to the north are Hmong, but it's only the tot that says "Hi" to me. Her face brightens up when I say hi to her. It's a beginning.

I have tried sharing personal names with who I assume is her mother, but I cannot find any syllables in her speech and when the family gathers, it all sounds like an extended collective moan, rising in pitch occasionally.

They appear to be doing quite well at whatever it is they are doing. There is a young male in their extended family with a remarkable grasp of English and he does the translations for the rest of them.

Also, I'd personally like to see proof that people who speaks english prefer .us over any other extensions - why not .uk? Please share the other sites with us :)

I didn't say that people who speak English prefer .us to the others. I said the .us ext has more value than the other .xx's. Regarding the xxx's and info, it's in the stars. Currently, .info is dead.

English must be a tough language with all of its idioms and quirks. If you're native to the United States, you study English for 12 years, more if you move on to college. If an immigrant wants to prosper in the US, the odds of that are enhanced if the immigrant learns English. That's hardly a revelation.

Given that English, for better or worse, has become the financial language on the planet, knowing a bit of the language, even if it's just in the present tense (frickin' verbs), is an advantage.

.cn may become a slowly rising hit among the elite of China but in the here and now, when money talks, it sounds like English abroad and English Creole in the States. There may be only 280,000,000 of us, but we spend and waste more than what, ten Chinese to one of us? God save the world should China consume as much, per capita, as the US.

Shouldn't the international initials for China be .`~? Havin' fun, havin' fun.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LtlPhysics I didn't say that people who speak English prefer .us to the others. I said the .us ext has more value than the other .xx's. Regarding the xxx's and info, it's in the stars. Currently, .info is dead.

Fair enough for the .cn - but China is also undergoing a lot of changes right now in preparation for the Olympics 2008 so we'll have to see how that turns out (GDP per capita wise).

As for why .us would have more value than the other .xx's, would still like to know why. Also, the sites... :)

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI, I did the deed. Reg'd my first dot.us, but must confess that it was a defensive move.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Goh may no nuffin.com, but he do no sumfin.com.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dang, f***.us is gone!

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup, and it only took me 10 days to think it over!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom