• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed VisitMontana.net - please appraise

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
2,585
Reaction score
19
I've had this domain for some time and it recently expired. I've been out of the domain market for some months and wondering if this is worth renewing and what the current value is in your opinion.

All thoughts appreciated.
 
Hell yes I would renew if I were you. Its a great name for a tourist site.

Some recent sales that might help you with valuation:

visitdelaware.net - $3,500 (March 2008 at Namejet)
visitMyrtleBeach.net - $2,500 ( Sept. 2007 at Afternic)
visitorlando.net - $750 ( July 2007 at Moniker/Affiliate Summit)
 
Last edited:
I agree, but those were some time in the past...the prices like that might not come back for a while :(

Plus it's in redemption now, so I think I'll pass at $80

Anybody else think I should keep it?
 
Well, no one really visits Montana.. I have yet in my lifetime seen any ad that really advertises Montana of all places to visit.. If the .net to VisitOrlando only garnered $750 in much better economic times (and at a domain auction, mind you), then Montana must be in negative value territory.

Let it go since it's a .net, which is a dime-a-dozen extention for such sub-par names.
 
Last edited:
If you had the time you might try to reach out to Montana state officials ... I say this because the official Montana tourism site is VisitMT.com ... kinda yuch for seo ... someone there might be interested in acquiring VisitMontana.net since the .com is owned and parked by a private entity. Just a thought.

gc
www.help.info
 
no one visits delaware and visitdelaware.net sold for 3500

if you renew it, i'd pay you $100 :)

Don't let anyone fool you

Plenty of people looking to spend time outdoors go to Montana

Don't let anyone fool you

Plenty of people looking to spend time outdoors go to Montana
 
I would have renewed it. And from the previous post it's worth more than the redemption fee to someone. It's a good travel domain for the state of Montana, lot's of travel sites are out there with 'Visit xxxxxx' keywords. It would also be easy to build a one page travel site for that domain, easy subject matter, pick a few of the top tourist destinations in that state with a little info on each...
 
Thanks guys...I guess I'm renewing :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom