Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Warning > DMG.com: Snapnames Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are participating in the above auction, I would strongly advice you to stop bidding immediately. I have inside information on a legal entity who will be snatching this domain from the winning bidder. They represent DMG Vertriebs Und Service GmbH, DMG Europe Holding GmbH and DMG Gildemeister.

DMG Gildmeister is the worldwide owner of the trademark DMG including all common law rights and the German and U.S. trademark registrations.

PM or email me for further information.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for heads up but a legal entity cant just snatch a name
it would have to go to wipo
dmg can stand for many acronyms, if you have a plan for name, dont park and start developing out there should be no problems all things being fair, but then we are talking about the retards at wipo so.............. :smilewinkgrin:

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This entity will file the second the auction finishes. They will secure the domain and the winning bidder will lose his winning bid amount.
The auction may even close before the last hour.

But if you really want the domain, go ahead.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
This entity will file the second the auction finishes. They will secure the domain and the winning bidder will lose his winning bid amount.

Just a thought, are you bidding?:smilewinkgrin:
j/k- PM me the details that you got. Tq

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

im not in the auction

thats a new one on me. lets see what happens.

btw, did you know about their intentions as you approached them about them buying before winning the name?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are participating in the above auction, I would strongly advice you to stop bidding immediately. I have inside information on a legal entity who will be snatching this domain from the winning bidder. They represent DMG Vertriebs Und Service GmbH, DMG Europe Holding GmbH and DMG Gildemeister.

DMG Gildmeister is the worldwide owner of the trademark DMG including all common law rights and the German and U.S. trademark registrations.

PM or email me for further information.

and why to you think they should get the domain? why should they win the wipo etc?
I would win auction, would but up a site called domain managment group - no parking page. and it would be really easy to defend.
best example how to defend
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0087.html

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like PriceWaterhouseCoopers got the name after all. Maybe they bought it?

don`t know, but I don´t see any lawsuit
So they paid a lot cash for it.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, those who are interested in the legal document I have, send me an email to [email protected] and you can make you own mind up as to weather you would like to continue bidding - I'll email you the letter.

I am in the auction and will no longer bid bidding. I have also informed the current leading bidder and he will not be purchasing the domain either.

No more questions in this thread please. This was simply a warning to all participants. Take or leave.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff is imho right and if done properly in the end they would have to pay if they wanted the domain. They are neither famous (I never heard of this company, only got confused with BMG which is music label) nor they can prove registered/used bad faith. Also without biased panelist there should be no finding of "no legitimate interests" as it is 3-letter acronym, nothing else.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and why to you think they should get the domain? why should they win the wipo etc?
I would win auction, would but up a site called domain managment group - no parking page. and it would be really easy to defend.
best example how to defend
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0087.html

That would be an easy way for any of us to defend it, especially if the TM holder didn't participate in the auction.

I honestly think someone is trying to keep bidding low on the name / have fewer people bidding on it because they want the name.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I honestly think someone is trying to keep bidding low on the name / have fewer people bidding on it because they want the name.
Yeah have had same thought
That would be an easy way for any of us to defend it, especially if the TM holder didn't participate in the auction.
Even if did as in shoppers.com UDRP

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On which grounds are they going to sue for a LLL acronym ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So according to the Namepros thread, you essentially pulled the carpet from under the auction bidders by contacting a TM holder about a domain which you didn't own. Brilliant - NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom