Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Warning > DMG.com: Snapnames Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

obadaz

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Federer is one of the most honest people i have known in this business !
He is new to the business , but hard working dedicated domainer , i have sold him 2 LLL.com in the past , i have pushed him one domain even before he send the money , he is a guy that you can count on , i told him about a super LLL.com that i hadn't enough fund at that time , i asked for commission , he acquired the domain and sent me a commission , was there any guarantee that he will pay me ? nothing except his reputation !
Okay , he made a mistake , he comes to all of you to warn you and protect you from any risk , he tries to fix what he did mistakenly , we should respect him and appreciate this move from him , not to make him the bad guy of the year !
He said the truth about that company , and even he sent me the attachment of their attorney , he can't publish that on public because it is considered a break of confidential message , i am currently the highest bidder on DMG , i won't make any more bids , i won't even pay for the domain if stayed the highest bidder.
Thanks Federer for warning me ,GOD bless you !

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha! Does it have to be so obvious Biggs101? I had some compassion for you but thats all gone now lol! Very professional!

Wink Wink ;) ;) obadaz and bmugford lol!

Last edited:

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Federer is one of the most honest people i have known in this business !
He is new to the business , but hard working dedicated domainer ,
Thanks Federer for warning me ,GOD bless you !

Alzatari,

That is a disappointing comment.
"one of the most honest people i have known in this business
Who have you been dealing with otherwise?

It is also interesting that the 2 people coming to his defense are semi-new members with very few posting or transactions.
The flowery words of defense from 2 new members makes me scratch my head.

Biggie made a major "newbie" mistake which will now injure whomever buys this domain.
I guess it shows how one person's action can indirectly injure another.

Personally, I think he is making a major mistake contacting endusers.
One day he will find out that some companies take cybersquatting very seriously.
And, some companies will not be satisfied til they take all of his assets.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha! Does it have to be so obvious Biggs101? I had some compassion for you but thats all gone now lol! Very professional!

Blink Blink ;) ;) to obadaz and bmugford lol!

Yuh

Something dont smell right

Me thinks someone looking to buy something on the cheap

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
There are 18 people watching the thread. Don't you guys have anything else to do!?
I have 2. Anyone wants one?
popcornscoopboxesji1.jpg

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aren't we forgetting that this domain did have a TM on it?

....And, anyone bidding on it would potentially own a domain subject to TM?....And, be the target of a possible TM action by the TM holder, anyway? (unless the winner of the auction had a legitimate good faith use for the name that didn't offend the TM?)

....Or, does not telling the TM holder make it okay?......Is Biggs101's real crime here that he, by approaching them, alerted the TM holder to the fact a domain, over which they had a TM, is for sale?...ie let the cat out of the bag?

Okay....As domainers, we might think Biggs101 ****ed up on this...It was a bad mistake to check out possible interest in a domain with the TM holder of the acronym, that he may later win at auction.....Obviously opens the door to some possible reaction from the TM holder - and, domainers don't like that.

That was not a smart move...but, its not dishonest, or unethical, imo.....No different from saying to someone: 'I may be able to get my hands on a classic car at an auction - If I could, would you be interested in buying it from me?'....Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Lets not crucify a guy just for letting the cat out of the bag with the TM holder - For not keeping the fact the TM domain was becoming available a secret....!!

Also, I like the fact the guy stands up here, and takes his hits.....I know a lot of people that would slink away, and hide....He's not excusing himself for what he did - he knows he got it wrong, and he's explained what he did, an why....and apologised....That says something good about the guy to me.

Also, any dealings I've had with him have been straight, and ethical.

The way I see it, he did something we domainers don't like....Naive domaining, if you like....But, did he steal something? Defraud anyone? No.

A hanging offence?....I don't think so.

PS....(edit)....In case anyone thinks my few posts at DNF mean a total newbie....I'm just much more active at other places - like NP, and Mobility.

Last edited:

Irieman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know that I haven’t really participated much over here at DNF, but think that I need to voice my opinion on what’s going on here.

Yes, Biggs101 made a BIG mistake by trying to cut some corners instead of waiting until the domain was in his control before contacting potential buyers. Some homework about those potential buyers is always a good thing. However, he was honest and came forth about the email he received. There are others that would not have had the courage to take the heat for something like this and would just have let the winning bidder deal with the problem.

That said, there are many acronyms for DMG and I really don’t think anyone but him would have trouble keeping that domain unless they fill the page with Adsense.

I have met Biggs101 in person on quite a few occasions and know for a fact that he is an honest and hardworking guy. I also know that he has learnt his lesson and won’t repeat that behavior.

obadaz

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a disappointing comment.
"one of the most honest people i have known in this business
Who have you been dealing with otherwise?
actnow,

Should i send a list of people that am dealing with ??!
If i say bad words against Federer it should be accepted , but defending a person that i know considered fabricated ?
And being not so active at this forum doesn't mean to suspicious my opinion .

I would like to see people more objective here , you all like to attack !

Irieman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He was honest and came forth. Besides, I don't think he told them he owned the domain, they just took that for granted.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know that I haven’t really participated much over here at DNF, but think that I need to voice my opinion on what’s going on here.

Yes, Biggs101 made a BIG mistake by trying to cut some corners instead of waiting until the domain was in his control before contacting potential buyers. Some homework about those potential buyers is always a good thing. However, he was honest and came forth about the email he received. There are others that would not have had the courage to take the heat for something like this and would just have let the winning bidder deal with the problem.

That said, there are many acronyms for DMG and I really don’t think anyone but him would have trouble keeping that domain unless they fill the page with Adsense.

I have met Biggs101 in person on quite a few occasions and know for a fact that he is an honest and hardworking guy. I also know that he has learnt his lesson and won’t repeat that behavior.
lol at all the people coming over from NP to defend him. Biggs just caused at least a major headache and at worst losing the domain to udrp or possibly a lawsuit for whoever ends up with it. I guess Biggs only wanted the domain if he could flip it right away. He shouldn't be buying domains he can't afford to hold onto for at least six months because there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Also, this domain had already been auctioned off at snapnames once already and went for 34,000. I guess the buyer didn't pay? I thought snapnames usually gave the domain to next bidder when that happens.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I swear I have stepped into..the twighlight zone !

YOu ARE NOT SEEN AS HONEST AFTER YOU ADMIT PUBLICLY TO BEING DIS HONEST!

Oh he's honest alright and hard working. He's honestly working hard to screw people over and cause companies to lose funds. He is worth of a a big slap on the back for all his deceptive, fraudulant and monetary damage he has caused or will for his actions.

Note: Defending him makes you like just a big of an *** and scum.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheLegendaryJP said:
He's honestly working hard to screw people over and cause companies to lose funds.

How, exactly?

As I understand it, he asked the TM holder: "This name is for sale at auction - IF I win it, would you be interested in buying from me?"

How does that mean he "screw(s) people over and cause companies to lose funds"?

If anything, he actually (perhaps unintentionally) promoted transparency to the TM holder, didn't he?

Why is that screwing people over?....Are you suggesting its LESS screwing people over to cover up the fact that people are bidding on your TM name??

TheLegendaryJP said:
He is worth of a a big slap on the back for all his deceptive, fraudulant and monetary damage he has caused or will for his actions.

Deceptive?? Fraudulent?? Monetary Damage?

He let the cat out of the bag to a TM holder that a domain was on auction, for god's sake...!!

Naive? Yes. Silly & careless? Probably. Stooopid? I'd say so...

But, Deceptive? Fraudulent?

That's a serious accusation...Where's the fraud? Where's the deception?...

If anything, Biggs101 appears to have been too naively open with the TM holder...And, then was open enough to front up here to tell us about it...

Silly, maybe...but, fraudulent?...Oh, puhleeese...!!

TheLegendaryJP said:
Note: Defending him makes you like just a big of an *** and scum.

I think that's uncalled for...

As domainers, I can see why we don't like it....But, I feel that the kind of claims being made about what he actually did seem to have gotten way out of all proportion....And, I'm entitled to say so without personal abuse from you...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think he is one of the spammers who are offering domains via email BEFORE drop or while still in an auction.

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We here at DNF don't appreciate deceptive practices such as attempts by our members in preventing other members here from obtaining and/or bidding on a certain domain.

This thread has gone on long enough and we have taken appropriate action with the user involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom