Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Warning > DMG.com: Snapnames Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i owned DMG.com no one would be taking it off me they would have to take me to court . And it could stand for any thing at the end of the day its a LLL.com

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was very close to landing the domain and wanted to see if there would be any interest generated from a few companies, who could possibly benefit from owning the acronym. I have made many sales by doing my homework early on. I should have made a short-list of TM holders 'not to contact'.
The strong warning I received is now shared with all those sending me emails requesting the document.
Of course, you can go ahead and win the auction, just don't say I didn't warn about what COULD follow. Maybe NOTHING will happen. Just be warned that these guys are watching closely to see in who's hands the domain will fall.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i owned DMG.com no one would be taking it off me they would have to take me to court . And it could stand for any thing at the end of the day its a LLL.com

Agree 100%

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course, you can go ahead and win the auction, just don't say I didn't warn about what COULD follow.
Do people often come to you when something happened to them which had no connection to you at all ? Otherwise what you just wrote does not make any sense...

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.. If I was bidding in an auction and win the domain only to get a C&D the next day because someone else, who didn't even own the domain, has already been offering it to end-users... :upset:

.. and what if someone in the company actually knows their way around a computer? It isn't too hard for them to check the domain's current owner, see that it's still in auction and ask you if you own the domain or not? What do you say then? If they find out that you don't even own the domain you're trying to sell, wouldn't it be easier for them to act aggressive?

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have all made the point quite clear that this wasn't the best of moves :)

....But the guys at DMG cannot lift a finger if the domain is not 1) parked with affiliate links and 2) offered to TM holders of "DMG"

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have all made the point quite clear that this wasn't the best of moves :)

....But the guys at DMG cannot lift a finger if the domain is not 1) parked with affiliate links and 2) offered to TM holders of "DMG"

Didn't you just offer it to the TM holders of "DMG"? Isn't that what this thread is all about?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

another idiot has landed to dnforum
welcome

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
another idiot has landed to dnforum
welcome

Cheers..!

C'mon, I have accepted the mistake. I have been doing really well until now. I cannot undo my error.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya leave the kid alone, he ONLY commit fraud, deceptive practice and cost a bidder and drop company thousands of dollars potentially... get off his back, he's been good now for like 2 days almost.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... thanks, I think I get the picture now. None of the above was my intention, I know it's easy to say that NOW.

YES, I know, I should have thought about the consequences BEFORE. I am guilty as charged. You've put in the cell... just please stop beating me to the ground on top.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was very close to landing the domain and wanted to see if there would be any interest generated from a few companies, who could possibly benefit from owning the acronym. I have made many sales by doing my homework early on.

Sounds like looking for a future wife for your unborn son. How can you solicit offers for a domain that you don't own, which is on a public auction no less?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a f*cking idiot.....dude won't ever post some stupid sh*t like this again.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we weren't seriously talking figures. I just wanted to see if there would be some real interest in the not-too-distant future (I always flip domains to end users within 2-3 weeks of acquiring them); I got burnt trying to get a headstart and it has taught me a valuable lesson that I will not forget.
I completely understand if everyone here wants me punished, insulted and burned. I am really sorry....

What a f*cking idiot.....dude won't ever post some stupid sh*t like this again.

Please do not use foul language here. Thank you.

What's the point of trying to difuse a bomb that has already gone off?
The damage is done, and I apologise. I understand if you continue to hold a grudge.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No... I'm quite new to domaining - as you can see through my recent mistake(s).

But I have made some cracking sales giving low $xxx,xxx profit from my 1st 8 months of domaining. And then I go and mess it up :(

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we weren't seriously talking figures. I just wanted to see if there would be some real interest in the not-too-distant future (I always flip domains to end users within 2-3 weeks of acquiring them); I got burnt trying to get a headstart and it has taught me a valuable lesson that I will not forget.
I completely understand if everyone here wants me punished, insulted and burned. I am really sorry....

Please do not use foul language here. Thank you.

How about you are lucky to even still be on this forum you lying sack of SH*T? I honestly think this says alot about your lack of ethics and willingness to lie and deceive the members of this forum. If we were not 100 times smarter than your dumba$s maybe some of us would have even believed you!
I say you are in need of a serious attitude adjustment, or maybe we can do it for you?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... thanks, I think I get the picture now. None of the above was my intention, I know it's easy to say that NOW.

YES, I know, I should have thought about the consequences BEFORE. I am guilty as charged. You've put in the cell... just please stop beating me to the ground on top.

Please tell me you haven't been doing this with non dropping privately held domains? :D

Anyone want to buy dnf DOT com for $100 million?

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never lied.

1) I entered the DMG auction (the first drop auction for dmg) because I wanted to buy DMG.com
2) I was the 2nd highest bidder and decided to contact a few companies to see if they could be interested in acquiring the LLL.com - I didn't say that I was selling the domain or that I own the domain
3) One of them was a TM holder and I didn't know this/do my homework
4) They misunderstood and thought I was maybe the current owner and using it/parking it with links to other DMG sites (bad faith)
5) They got in contact with a law firm and I got this letter yesterday by email warning of the consequences of registering this domain / offering it to TM holders / Parking the domain etc. etc.
6) I then thought of the leading bidders over at SNAP and thought it would be good to inform the bidders about what COULD be around the corner after the closing of the auction

I know I messed up. Again, I am sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom