Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Warning > DMG.com: Snapnames Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggs (DNF) aka Federer (NP),

With all due respect you have done this type of thing before - just two months ago.

You had agreed to sell an LLL.com to me ~ you then came back and said you weren't able to follow through.

Your exact words: "Sorry, I have received a MASSIVE offer this morning (end user 3-domain package deal"

So, this is not an isolated incident. You were shopping the name while negotiating with me. If they bite you sell to them, if they don't then I'm stuck buying a compromised name because you've notified all possible TM holders already that it is being sold.

I put you on my 'do not buy from' list at the time but should have done the stewardly thing and called you out ~ just isn't my style. Take all those profits you are boasting and peddle yourself somewhere else.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez. Well I guess its good to know if you are ever in an auction with this guy he may have already been trying to sell the domain to others. Christ. I hope other people aren't doing such stupid things.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez. Well I guess its good to know if you are ever in an auction with this guy he may have already been trying to sell the domain to others. Christ. I hope other people aren't doing such stupid things.

I don't think it's uncommon - I've gotten a few solicitations offering to sell me a domain that I've already won though an auction or back order service.

Big time attempted fraud and if they take any money then it is fraud.

Other times I get emails offering to sell me a name that I own a different TLD and each time I was able to hand-reg the name for $7 as opposed to their $100-$500 asking price (nothing illegal about this - just very shady).

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's uncommon - I've gotten a few solicitations offering to sell me a domain that I've already won though an auction or back order service.Big time attempted fraud and if they take any money then it is fraud.

There is a chance it's the same guy. I've been getting those emails weekly for some time.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I foresee Snapnames adding a range of new terms to their existing ones pretty soon.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:ban:

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have received enough hits in the face for one day. But I guess some of you will continue rubbing it in my face until... well maybe forever.

I feel bad enough for what happend as it is.

I was an idiot who had his head in the clouds instead of thinking straight and patiently waiting for the auction to end. I should have waited and started to contact end users only when the who.is would have been updated in my name.
I just wanted to repeat my success of jumpgames.com

I was in the auction for jumpgames.com (leading bidder) and contacted jumpgames.co.in, explaining I was in a closed doors expiring auction for jumpgames.com and, if they wanted, I could secure the domain for them. They accepted and I made a very nice sale. But with DMG I should have been much more careful and just waited.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice find Tomsa, this is christmas early ! lol

I think this has been going on a while and I brought it up a little while ago about NJ as well. Fact is auctions have this element of risk :(

For everyone to know and avoid potential legalities his usernames are as follows, thank you to a user here at DNF for supplying them :)

Snap username is sampras
NJ username is alesia7

Now can we get a NJ and Snap employee in on the thread.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No... I'm quite new to domaining - as you can see through my recent mistake(s).

But I have made some cracking sales giving low $xxx,xxx profit from my 1st 8 months of domaining. And then I go and mess it up :(

I'm calling bullshit on this - if you've got the nouse to turn a six figure profit in your first 8 months, you would not be stupid enough to have made the mistakes you have here.

Bye.

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe this is one of those popcorn threads :popcorn: XD

[SeriousOn]But seriously I don't get some people. Don't they got any ethics or morals? How can you do business like this?[/SeriousOff]

:popcorn: ? Anyone I got plenty!

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was not breaking any law or ethical code by contacting a company to see if they would hold any interest for a particular domain name IF I WAS SUCCESSFULL in being the WINNING BIDDER at the domain's drop auction. I was NOT in any way shape or form trying to sell or lease a domain that wasn't mine. I have every right to talk about that domain to any third party in any way I choose. The BIG problem with DMG was approaching a TM Holder about a closed doors auction concerning a domain that is linked with thier intellectual property rights.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You sound like youre changing your repentive ways...

What you should consider is ANYONE you contact could have a tm, applied or not based on use. EVERY time you do this you risk the funds of others, the moral and ethical side of it is apparently over your greedy little head.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm calling bullshit on this - if you've got the nouse to turn a six figure profit in your first 8 months, you would not be stupid enough to have made the mistakes you have here.

Bye.

Yes, you're right. The mistakes I have made here are stupid and I'm a downright idiot and moron for having make them.
But the 6 figure profit-margin is true (a few sales helped: Ares.net, Umx.com, Mdd.com, Amatrice.com, iPhotos.net, CrossTrainers.net, Flu.info+Acne.info.....).
I will now only talk about domains that I am bidding on AFTER I have been confirmed as the winning bidder, and only after the funds have left my account account.

Please, I feel really bad. And SO I SHOULD. But I long for at least a few of you to forgive me one day. But if you don't... I understand. I completely ruined an important auction.
I knew that by opening this thread I could be exposed to hurtful words, insults and (it seems) hatred. But I did it anyway because I didn't want anyone else (potential winning bidders) to receive the strong warning/complaint/threats that I had to wake up to when I opened my inbox. Despite what you think, I am a good person and I will do all in my power to prove it through my future conduct (in and out of auctions).

Last edited:

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would win auction, would but up a site called domain managment group - no parking page. and it would be really easy to defend.
best example how to defend

Since, I own DomainManagementGroup.com , maybe I should raise my bid?
It would be easier to type DMG.com .

:)

Then, they would have to prove that I am a cybersquatter.
So far, no udrp or wipo but I do own Cybersquatter.org

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since, I own DomainManagementGroup.com , maybe I should raise my bid?
It would be easier to type DMG.com .

Then, they would have to prove that I am a cybersquatter.
So far, no udrp or wipo but I do own Cybersquatter.org

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't post a lot on DNF, but I feel like I have to post here.

I have worked with Federer in the past and he is a good guy. I think some people here are being too hard on him. Sure, he might have made a mistake trying to gauge interest in a domain which he didn't own. This is not just a practice in the domain world. If you know you can buy a car for $10K, you might see what interest there is before you buy it.

Regardless, at least he has the courage to face the music and admit he made a mistake. No one is perfect but I at least find the ability to be accountable refreshing. Most people would just make excuses. At least he is admitting his mistake and trying to make up or it.

Brad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom