• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed What is domain name CustomerService.com worth?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are obviously two directions one could go with this domain. Setup a business or sell it outright.

If you want to setup an annuity revenue stream, here's one apprach:

1. Hook up with a large customer service outsourcing firm.
2. Sell them customer service subdomains for each of their clients like sears.customerservice.com, pfizer.customerservice.com, etc.
3. As they grow, you get rich and fat.
4. This can be done with more than one firm as long as you don't have overlapping clients.

If you prefer a lump sum, you can prolly get 100K for the name with a bit of marketing.

This could be your retirement domain if you play your cards right.
 
Hi,

Sedo's appraisal is way too low. This is a six-figure domain, in my opinion. So many companies are outsourcing their customer service, the market is booming. Obviously, CustomerService.com is the best generic domain one can get for that branch.

And if you can't get $100,000+ now, just sit back and wait. The domain has a lot of potential and it will increase in value over the years. Especially because customer services will become even more important for businesses to assert themselves in the markets they're selling in.

So be patient and don't sell this domain for less than $100k when selling to an end-user. If you're only looking to sell it to a reseller, because you're looking for a fast deal, you should still sell it for at least $70,000.

My two cents.
 
VG_KING said:
I'd have to appraise the domain in the range between $15,000-$85,000.
LOL yes, I would like to follow suit and appraise this baby somewhere between 50c and $4mio :rolleyes:
 
Six figure min., could go 7 now
 
Market said:
There are obviously two directions one could go with this domain. Setup a business or sell it outright.

If you want to setup an annuity revenue stream, here's one apprach:

1. Hook up with a large customer service outsourcing firm.
2. Sell them customer service subdomains for each of their clients like sears.customerservice.com, pfizer.customerservice.com, etc.
3. As they grow, you get rich and fat.
4. This can be done with more than one firm as long as you don't have overlapping clients.

If you prefer a lump sum, you can prolly get 100K for the name with a bit of marketing.

This could be your retirement domain if you play your cards right.

Market, we like your sub-domaining idea. If we don't get an offer we like at the next two TRAFFIC conferences, we'll consider your suggestion. thanks much. White Fang
 
SEDO appraisals are very conservative. I had them appraise two top .US domains. They appraised both at $3,000 each. I have recieved multiple offers on one in the $7-11,000 range and $4-6,000 on the other and both generate weekly offers. Not all all of the offers are for the top numbers but those too have come in multiples. Conservative appraisals may honestly be better than the 'be happy' ones where everything is worth thousands of dollars but I'd be careful accepting their or any other appraisal as gospel. As many others have pointed out, each domain is unique and it is impossible to really rate it against other domains. A great example is the domain 'SEDO.com'. That was owned by a guy whose name actually was Sedo, as I recall. In the end, SEDO the domain sales company had to give him $80,000 for it. I doubt that any appraisal would have rated 'SEDO.com' as being worth $80,000 but it was to one company!
 
Earth.com and Website.com do not compare to customerservice.com in any shape or form.
 
NameTower said:
Earth.com and Website.com do not compare to customerservice.com in any shape or form.
I'm not sure I understand your comment...are you saying that CustomerService.com is worth much more than those two domains?
Thanks. White Fang
 
WhiteFang said:
are you saying that CustomerService.com is worth much more than those two domains?

Worth more? Certainly not. Not even close.
 
Market, do you have any idea what an individual company might pay on an annual basis to have a subdomain such as you mentioned, ie, sears.customerservice.com?
We're thinking that if we charge a nominal sum and get a LOT of companies on board, we'll make a lot of total dollars. White Fang
 
WhiteFang said:
Market, do you have any idea what an individual company might pay on an annual basis to have a subdomain such as you mentioned, ie, sears.customerservice.com?
We're thinking that if we charge a nominal sum and get a LOT of companies on board, we'll make a lot of total dollars. White Fang

If you did something like that it could be a huge success even with only online customer service. If someone has a similar plan the domain could easily sell for 3-4 times the sedo appraisel.
 
Just saw a tv report about how people do customer service work from home for employers with their pc's and phone lines. It's not just for overseas outsourcing anymore - Mom, Aunt Sally, your cousin Bob and sister Sue are getting in on the act right at home in your own country. Yes, this is a fine two word .com with enormous potential. Do I hear mid $xxx,xxx minimum? Do I hear $x,xxx,xxx possible now? :ranger:
 
I'm having a hard time understanding the end-user value of this name. Unless it gets a lot of type-in traffic, In the age of search engine optimization why is this name more valuable to an enduser than say customerservicers.com or topcustomerservice, etc, etc?

The top reported domain name sell so far this year is like $635,000 and I'm reading 7 figures for this domain. I just don't get it. Not arguing against it, I just don't understand it.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I really would like to know because I wonder about this with many top-quality names that aren't necessarily traffic generators and aren't necesarrily revenue oriented names.
 
Duckinla said:
The top reported domain name sell so far this year is like $635,000 and I'm reading 7 figures for this domain. I just don't get it. Not arguing against it, I just don't understand it.
Moniker did a great job brokering on.com, but nobody said the domain was only worth the $635k - it is even worth more! While I do not think CustomerService.com is worth seven figures at the moment (I appraised it at low six figures), I am sure will be worth that much in the future if the seller decides to hold out and wait for the domain's value to go up.

After all, the sale of on.com is not comparable to CustomerService.com. On.com is a brandable, two-letter domain name and CustomerService.com is a highly valuable generic term, that's for sure, but you cannot say CustomerService.com is worth less than On.com (which was reported as sold at $635k), because both domains will soon be worth more than that amount!
 
It will be interesting to see what kind of brand On.com creates (and how much it will cost to brand it).
 
Update on CustomerService.com
Check out our new landing page.
Last month, July 2006, we had more than 3,500 uniques and more than 42 percent clicked-through!
 
Sedo leave a lot to be desired in their valuations!

They see only what has gone before, and I doubt if they realise that 'Customer Service' is one of the biggest catch phrases in business at the moment.

You should be able to market for at least $100,000. My guess is closer to $250,000 due to the impact such a dotcom would have in the advertising world.
 
We've also just signed an agreement to sell CustomerService.com sub-domains through CentralNIC.com, so if this catches on and companies decide to have their own customer service page...namely, Sears.CustomerService.com; Ford.CustomerService.com, GE.CustomerService.com, etc., we're ready for 'em. It should be interesting to see how companies respond.
 
Might want to lock up CustomersService.com ;)
 
I think most appraisals here are way too high, yes it is a great domain and all, but like someone else said, its not close in value to earth.com or website.com and keep in mind that earth.com only sold for that much because it has significant traffic by people looking for google earth otherwise that would have been a lower price as well, I am aware that lower appraisals might not be popular, but there is a difference between saying a domain is worth XXX.XXX and the reality of someone actually willing to pay that much, unless the traffic is really high I would say that sedo is pretty much on target here, you might find someone with time wanting to pay a little more, but the chance of getting 6 digits is very very low, what was the highest offer you got so far?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom