Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
egtrix said:
I think the best success story we can ever hear here in DNForum, is the success story of DNForum it self and it's owner.
Don't you agree fellows?

No.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am with you Nitro , NO , yours is the best! see post #12

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know where your going with it egtrix , but I don't really know if you can put DNForum into this thread/category , because I mean we all know what they paid for it back then which seems like a steal now , but it also may have flopped in someone elses hands , they put tons of hard work in and fresh ideas etc..etc.. and made it successful .

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

Agrred - The topic of this thread is steals/bargains/cheap purchases. Not general success stories of any kind.

coolblue23

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
true

i started coolblueperformance.com last march
i have done over 1.5 million in sales since then.......... of course i had to advertise etc so it wasnt like i got a domain name that made the success.........i made the success but hey the domain only cost me 5.99 :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All success stories and domain steals are VERY WELCOME here in my thread...
I would love if one of the DNforum principals were to stop in here and give us a run down on the success thus far of this site....I am very happy to be a part of this window of time and the successes we are all enjoying in the lucrative market that is only getting bigger by the minute...where else can you make so much money with such little effort? Every domain is a lottery ticket with GREAT odds...IF you know what you are doing.....of course you always have ups and downs in any business, but ultimately domains and the domain market seems to be tied into SUCCESS and making money..and thats what we are here for right? :eek:k:

Chris Williams

GT Web said:
I'm betting at least 1/4 of the posts in this thread are much more fiction than fact...

Please dont post this negative crap in our positive and informative thread GT, In fact, please DONT post here unless you have something to add matching the thread description and topic. Much appreciated! Don't be a "negative nelly!" :rolleyes:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oink.info

bought $1.95 (hand-reg) 4 months ago
sold $1,000 2 months ago

documented at DNJournal.com!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice deal dude! oink oink! :cheeky:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
Please dont post this negative crap in our positive and informative thread GT, In fact, please DONT post here unless you have something to add matching the thread description and topic. Much appreciated! Don't be a "negative nelly!" :rolleyes:

Oh please, as much as I like hearing about success stories this thread has turned a bunch of braggers trying to gain respect (obviously this is only a few people, but it ruins the thread for all the honest members)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please don't respond to this negativity anyone, it's not necessary, lets just move on :rolleyes:

Anymore deals to be shared?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I know we did'nt run out of great domain deals or sales...more success stories please! Big or small, le'ts hear em'!

Chris

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reg'd beauty.cc and then sold it for $1 million

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I reg'd beauty.cc and then sold it for $1 million

Do you have a mental problem?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a lot of $x,xxx profit deals and some very fast. My best deal was a reg fee from 99 that I sold for $17k last year.

I think one of my favorite deals though was a domain I paid $2k and within a week sold for $6k. I also had lots of little deals where I make $1 in a day or two with odds and ends..some of you know what I am talking about.

I have yet to get into PPC, typos or drops but I think it's time I do.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, i wish I was into this in 2000

you just dont think of it at high school!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dude, sad thing is I WAS into this in 2000, worked for a company called "Verio" in boca raton, fl and all day long I registered domains for customers (mostly corporate) and set-up websites and commerce solutions, etc..we were doing SEO then and it cost $199 annually for guaranteed results in top 10 under at least 3 main keywords in 1 of the big engines...was called "net announce premier" anways..to make a long story short...we were TOO into it and did'nt stop to taste the coffee since we were too busy making it..by the time domains started reselling for a profit it was nearly too late and all the major ones were gone...I was on the net back in the time of giants..I did grab a few years back but not nearly what I should have...I remember the day 3 letter .com's went extinct...everyone was talking about it and of course their value went up 100 times that day...register.com (who we were in a lawsuit with at the time for spamming their customers for biz using the bulk whois) snapped up all the remaining 3 letters and made a fortune with them....I remember watching the "incomplete transactions" list there at verio when people tried to register domains and it didnt go thru or their card was declined, etc. Some of the domains were short or amazing by todays standards...back then you thought you could always get them and the world of commerce was VERY different, woulda coulda shoulda...ohh well..people will be saying that about good 4 letter .coms soon and type-in revenue domains when you just "can't get" those anymore...times change but history usually repeats itself so learn from your mistakes and DO now!

Chris

Ps- today I broke up with my G/f and moved out (she's outa town) and my cat died..no sh*t...so anyone got any nice revenue domains for sale cheap!? ;)

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris

Sorry to hear about the g/f and RIP cat...

Good, entertaining thread. I love reading about these stories.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:
Chris

Sorry to hear about the g/f and RIP cat...

Good, entertaining thread. I love reading about these stories.

This is an awesome thread, well done.

Don't complain about your domain chances in 2000 - In 1996 I told a friend all the good domain names were taken. In 1997 I started to register names, and while I got one good generic (could sell for $75k or so) I was focused on buying about 70 different xyzforsale.com, zzzforsale.com - so instead of having incredible generics, I have a bunch of ok "forsale.com" domains.

ugh.

still waiting for a great deal to post here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators