Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess i did i got a good deal so

Domain summit 2024

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GTWeb said:
Who oh why did we bring this thread back from the dead?

Just to annoy you.

I backordered a domain for $60 from Snapnames.com and it makes over $2 per day, parked.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BobDiGiTaL said:
Just to annoy you.

Meh, well it worked :)

I still say this thread is more about bragging than it is about teaching others, but what do I know?

I am neither Grumpy nor Old...however last I checked I was a man.

:pray:

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To a certain extent you could say the same thing about DNJournal.com

On the other hand I like hearing peoples stories. You can usually tell the people who are just out to brag / straight out lying and ignore their posts.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see no problem with this thread.... there's nothing wrong with a little bragging, especially if you do get a great steal! Threads like this keeps the dream alive for newbies and anyone else waiting for that sweet salivating offer..... hell, best deal I got almost made me choke on my burger.... :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be much more helpful if people posted WHY they bought a potential site...or giving the name or address itself depending on who currently owns it.

For example: Last month I found a cheap arcade website getting a pile of traffic with a long history being sold off pretty cheap. I made a quick decision to try and make a quick deal with the seller and got it for mid $xxx, just before another user posted 'SOLD' in the sales thread.

The site continues to get great traffic and I have been able to get revenues up to $1500 per month using YPN. Currently I am looking at testing other ad companies to see if I can create a revenue stream which is accessible to more potential buyers - since YPN accounts are quite rare and hard to get these days.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not braging if someone says that im just happy i made some good deals. I can now invest in a good name and start the site i want (i mean i have to money to advertise etc) So im just happy. Btw i was really lucky so how can you brag when your lucky

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:
I recently purchased a domain from Dnforum at 6,000$ which names about 1200$ per month via Parking. The previous owner was parking in the wrong place and no proper keywords was used. I call it a steal :)

I changed the parking service like two weeks ago and guess what !!!
now its doing about 120 $ / day so thats 3500+ $ per month via parking.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love this thread. When I first joined DNF I read the whole thing from the start and it really inspired me. It also inspired me to register some similar names to what people said they sold and I made some good money doing that too :)
I may have my own new success story to tell soon.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK....this is an amazing story....

I bought:

familywatch.us from a guy on here. The name had 115 Ovt with ext. I paid him $110 for it...and also picked up familywatchdogs.us for an extra $60. With this purchase, the guy told me that familydogwatch.us had OVT with ext and was still unregged. I got that too....and found that familydogwatch.com had OVT and was unregged. I then went through and regged nearly every similar name.

2 weeks later, Oprah started talking about familywatchdog like crazy....I have been banking ever since. The traffic coming to these is amazing!! In total, I paid about $250 for all the names I bought and regged. I sold a few, but kept most. They now bring in about $600/day on the peaks, and about $30 on average.

//everydayprofit

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
everydayprofit said:
OK....this is an amazing story....

I bought:

familywatch.us from a guy on here. The name had 115 Ovt with ext. I paid him $110 for it...and also picked up familywatchdogs.us for an extra $60. With this purchase, the guy told me that familydogwatch.us had OVT with ext and was still unregged. I got that too....and found that familydogwatch.com had OVT and was unregged. I then went through and regged nearly every similar name.

2 weeks later, Oprah started talking about familywatchdog like crazy....I have been banking ever since. The traffic coming to these is amazing!! In total, I paid about $250 for all the names I bought and regged. I sold a few, but kept most. They now bring in about $600/day on the peaks, and about $30 on average.

//everydayprofit

Woof.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well guess what, the people on here who sold the names to you and read this are probably shooting themselves in the foot...lol

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread......

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
6 months ago I bought a poker domain here on the forum for $900 , the guy bumped me up ,as I only wanted to pay $600, by throwing in 7 other kind of junkie poker domains , I didn't really want them but I went for the deal , the very next day after the push I get a email from a whois lookup on one of the junk throw in's I took, sold it to him for $850 , still got the good and makes me $200 every month on Fabulous.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so check this out - I sold a hand regged name in 2004 for $18K, and very recently, the dummies who had bought it, let the name expire and so the story goes, the name was quickly snagged up by Name Administration Inc., on a drop. Rediculous.

-Joe

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best deal so far I made was turning a few bucks a month name into a few bucks a day one.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain on godaddy.com for $6.95 and make .11 cents a month on it...

Wait a sec... in 100 years it will have made $132 - minus the renewal fees ($6.95 x 100) ~ That's a loss of $563.00... hmmm... I guess that deal wasn't so good.

Seriously though, I have registered a couple of names recently and within a week had offers of xxx on them, although I didn't sell. I'd say that having the instant inquiries makes them a total steal considering I purchased them for the reg fee rate.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BML.com for $400 was a pretty good buy and it wasn't even stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators