Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiwineguy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hand regged WinesXxxx.com for $6.75 and then purchased WineSxxxxs.com for $250 through Sedo. Waited about 4 months and sold the pair for $6000 in October 2005. Regged WineCountryXxxxxx.com for $8.88 and sold for $3600 after 24 months, 2004. Regged MendocinoXxxx.com in 2002 and sold in October for $5000.Hand regged WineXxx.com in 2002 and sold in September 2005 for $5000.

Best Domain ROI- hand regged GemstoneCxxxxxxxx.com for $6.75 in September 2005 and sold in September 2005 for $1000 even. Three week turnaround. Gemstone names are hot right now, i.e. JewelryTelevision.com commissions and PPC!!

Sold a lot of little names for $500 to $900 in the last few months, maybe 12? The market seems to be pretty hot right now.I have put together a pretty good system for selling individual names when I can figure out/research a large field of end users.

It is really getting interesting and fun right now. Stick to a niche and you "can" get rich.

Cheers!

I should add that there is another way to make book in this business, for instance, today I sat down with a business acquaintance who just opened a new biz where his competitors use the internet for 90% of their bookings when they get started. $10,000 a pop per booking, he had done 5 bookings in the last 45 days without the internet, nice bank. He asked me to find some names he could leverage for his business and get traffic, we found 10 domains and regged them. He is currently getting 22 type-ins per day and 18 of those type-ins come from one domain that was previously regged with a similar site and was dropped and has the same client demographics, now he is racing to get a site up cause he knows he can make money on the internet. He could not figure out though how I picked the domains! I like it that way.

Upside, he took me to lunch, paid for it, I like leaving the tip, some of those waitresses don't make much. He asked what he owed me and I said , "The Reg fees, $67.50." He said, "No really, for your time?", I said " It was fun, glad I could help, whatever you think is fair!" He argued, wanted a $$ number, I said the lunch and reg fees were enough cause I meant it, I actually learned about another million dollar domain niche I coud mine, which of course he did not know or would probably understand. Anyway I walked away with lunch, left a nice tip and got a check for $350. He got 10 domains worth no less than $3000 so I am very happy and he will no doubt tell his friends in the next few months or years.

That was a good domain deal.

I should add that there is another way to make book in this business, for instance, today I sat down with a business acquaintance who just opened a new biz where his competitors use the internet for 90% of their bookings when they get started. $10,000 a pop per booking, he had done 5 bookings in the last 45 days without the internet, nice bank. He asked me to find some names he could leverage for his business and get traffic, we found 10 domains and regged them. He is currently getting 22 type-ins per day and 18 of those type-ins come from one domain that was previously regged with a similar site and was dropped and has the same client demographics, now he is racing to get a site up cause he knows he can make money on the internet. He could not figure out though how I picked the domains! I like it that way.

Upside, he took me to lunch, paid for it, I like leaving the tip, some of those waitresses don't make much. He asked what he owed me and I said , "The Reg fees, $67.50." He said, "No really, for your time?", I said " It was fun, glad I could help, whatever you think is fair!" He argued, wanted a $$ number, I said the lunch and reg fees were enough cause I meant it, I actually learned about another million dollar domain niche I coud mine, which of course he did not know or would probably understand. Anyway I walked away with lunch, left a nice tip and got a check for $350. He got 10 domains worth no less than $3000 so I am very happy and he will no doubt tell his friends in the next few months or years.

That was a good domain deal.

Domain summit 2024

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a non tm typo getting 1400 type ins / month in 2004 for $20 , the domain makes me $50 a day today with 18000 uniques/month

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok i got tog.com for 1.5k (few months ago) got offers on 10k now but not selling ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$1,500 !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? holy sh*t did you get the seller drunk? or was it a drop

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
$1,500 !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? holy sh*t did you get the seller drunk? or was it a drop

Na was just lucky, i offered him 1k first, then he told me abit more, i was really happy so i guess ne noticed that and told me the final 1.5k :)

It was no drop i just needed a good fashion name at the time and noticed there was no site on it

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you got a great deal my friend...cheers on a good buy :eek:k:

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reg a 4 letter name myself for $6.95, then sold it for $3k. I am leet0 burit0 XD

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
I reg a 4 letter name myself for $6.95, then sold it for $3k. I am leet0 burit0 XD

How can you sleep at night?

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My best deal happened this week , Sold a domain which I hand registered approximately 1.5 months back for 7.89 $ for 500$ . :D . The deal has been finished through Sedo now just waiting for them to wire me the money which should happen on Monday :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice deal's
I hope i can make another good deal soon, i will let you know

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekz999

How can you sleep at night?

Very well with $2993.05 in his bank account.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an auto financing domain on a drop that gets 100 + uniques per day
for $250. got 3400 uniques this month.
I saw that you were looking for names like this Mocus.
Its only made me $80 at sedo this month. I know im not monetizing this as well as i could .I'm not selling but If you had any advice or could help me monetize this better I could send you some dnfs or paypal cash depending on the advice

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hand reg domain from 96-97...sold it for 17k about a year ago.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now i got vof.com for $2 000 not to bad ;)
i will see how much i can sell this for

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a domain from Dnforum at 6,000$ which names about 1200$ per month via Parking. The previous owner was parking in the wrong place and no proper keywords was used. I call it a steal :)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid $60 for a domain back in about 2001.. Sold it for $63,000 2 weeks later.

Prob should have held onto it but it was a good offer :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who oh why did we bring this thread back from the dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators