Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

WHEEEEHAAAAAA - 2nd time I sell a Premium Listing Domain at GoDaddy WHEEEEHAAAWWWWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just mark up your name by 30%

ie - you want to sell your name for $5,000 (or this is the amount you want net). List the name on Premium for $7,143 (5,000/.70). If and when it sells Godaddy will mail you a check for $5,000 (7,143x.70) - the net amount you wanted

Its just another way to market and sell your domain.

The one thing about premium listings is it pops up and shows when people are using godaddys "Search for a name" box...End users may not go beyond that function when searching for a name. Godaddy knows this and thats why they can charge 30%

"70% of something is better than 100% of nothing"

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it takes a month to get paid

No, Actually, to be exact...you get paid 45 days after - from the end of the selling month (so if your name sells on the 1st of the month - you wait 75 days). Now I have had it were I got paid slightly before that, but that is their policy. It seems as if all of my premium sales on godaddy come on the 1st of the month. 3 times I have waited close to 75 days to get paid - with the 30% commish on top of it, well - they know what they got. I have tried to get them to release the payments earlier - with no luck. First they said that it is because they are worried about chargebacks (then I reminded the godaddy rep that they sit on a pushed name for 60 days anyway so there is no chance of them getting screwed). Then the rep came clean and said -it is just what they do and they do it because they can.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes businesses love to sit on money (if they can get away with it) for as long as possible, its an interest free loan for them, lol

skylineleong

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just mark up your name by 30%

ie - you want to sell your name for $5,000 (or this is the amount you want net). List the name on Premium for $7,143 (5,000/.70). If and when it sells Godaddy will mail you a check for $5,000 (7,143x.70) - the net amount you wanted

Its just another way to market and sell your domain.

The one thing about premium listings is it pops up and shows when people are using godaddys "Search for a name" box...End users may not go beyond that function when searching for a name. Godaddy knows this and thats why they can charge 30%

"70% of something is better than 100% of nothing"

I think this is a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom