• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

When is it ok to reg a .name??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainLord

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
When in your opinion would you reg a .name ext... would you do it on a very popular one word?? When would it be a good idea to get this extension besides a persons name....
 
well... if its a very popular term such as business, obviously its worth it. I don't know much about the .name ext, but have seen some sales recently. Webhosting.name went for 400$ on ebay, and live.name was picked up for a little over 2 grand. (Probably by msft I think). So if its a very popular term, I would register the .name ext.
 
I would personally never register a .name domain.
 
I sold PromDresses.name for $200 on Sedo. I think if it's a term taken in all other extensions and you're not wanting an insane price it may sell. If I wouldn't have had it listed on sedo it may have never sold which is why you should market your names everywhere you can. I guess I should add I got the name during a free promo or otherwise I never would have never registered it.
 
so if a name sales for lets say a million or so in a .com then it would not be worth the reg fees in .name?
 
PokerTournament said:
so if a name sales for lets say a million or so in a .com then it would not be worth the reg fees in .name?
nope.
 
You can reg yourname.name... for personal use =)

But it don't looks good... don't know why... :P
 
.name just isn't such a popular extension, yet all the major registrars offer it for sale. hmmmm
 
It is a dead extension, I finally sold my only one out with other extensions as a bundled sale and swear not reg any more.
 
When? Never.

**
Ah, biggedon already said that. So I will second that. :)
 
Just registered my first .name.

The term was searched 4,149,253 times in November according to Overture.

I figure I can risk the $6.19 registration fee.

If you have a really good keyword/term, I say go for it.
 
I got pagerank.name for cheap...not sure if it will ever do well but what the heck. Personally I think .name is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom