Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed who actually uses .us ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edoms

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.Hyundai.us

It is really hard to find because almost big company already own their .com names. but .us makes more feeling of brand new and young-aged.

Edoms

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am doing so well with new extension sales I promised myself I would quit commenting on them in these forum threads and creating competition for myself. This has to be my last comment on it because it costs me money every time I open my mouth! If you want to see the sun come up it would be a good idea to look east instead of west!

Though major corporations are starting to use some .us that is NOT and will not be the big market for new extension domains for the next few years. The good news is the market that is there is TWICE as large as the corporate market. That of course is the small business market (according to government statitistics small business makes up 70% of the economy). They are buying new TLDs by the thousands because they have been priced out of the .com market. Of course they also have less to spend, but I sell 4-5 in the low to mid three figure range every single week and it looks like this will be the best year I have ever had in my business career.

The money is the same as selling one mid $x,xxx domain to a corporate buyer every week. Mine were also acquired at a dramatically lower cost than people have to pay to get a $3,000-$4,000 .com. Unlike the hundreds of thousands of small businesses being created every year that need new domain names, the corporates set up their sites long ago. The concept is so absurdly simple I have no idea why so few have figured this out. I now spend virtually all of my domain business time on new TLD acquisition and sales because that is where I am finding the best percentage return on my investment.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke , it is the same in any extension ...it is always the majority of smaller companies that sustaion an extension..but it is the major corporations that lend not only visibility but credibility to an extension ..just ask .DE .

Yes , from our persepective ..our Market is the Market of "majority" of business no matter the extension ... not about selling to the largest corporations..

How Far East.. you working .CN ? come on.. just between a few old friends ..what you working on ;)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
Duke , it is the same in any extension ...it is always the majority of smaller companies that sustaion an extension..but it is the major corporations that lend not only visibility but credibility to an extension ..just ask .DE .

Yes , from our persepective ..our Market is the Market of "majority" of business no matter the extension ... not about selling to the largest corporations..

How Far East.. you working .CN ? come on.. just between a few old friends ..what you working on ;)

Nope no .cn for me. I only work on markets I fully understand, otherwise you are bound to make a ton of mistakes. info biz and us are keeping me plenty busy enough.

It's true large company use is great for recognition and credibility and its great to see them starting to come on board. It will only increase sales, but my point is they are already frequent enough in the small business community to provide a good living to dealers who understand this market.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm on the same strategy, though on a much smaller scale than you and even .ws has done pretty well for me. :wink:
Duke said:
I am doing so well with new extension sales I promised myself I would quit commenting on them in these forum threads and creating competition for myself. This has to be my last comment on it because it costs me money every time I open my mouth! If you want to see the sun come up it would be a good idea to look east instead of west!

Though major corporations are starting to use some .us that is NOT and will not be the big market for new extension domains for the next few years. The good news is the market that is there is TWICE as large as the corporate market. That of course is the small business market (according to government statitistics small business makes up 70% of the economy). They are buying new TLDs by the thousands because they have been priced out of the .com market. Of course they also have less to spend, but I sell 4-5 in the low to mid three figure range every single week and it looks like this will be the best year I have ever had in my business career.

The money is the same as selling one mid $x,xxx domain to a corporate buyer every week. Mine were also acquired at a dramatically lower cost than people have to pay to get a $3,000-$4,000 .com. Unlike the hundreds of thousands of small businesses being created every year that need new domain names, the corporates set up their sites long ago. The concept is so absurdly simple I have no idea why so few have figured this out. I now spend virtually all of my domain business time on new TLD acquisition and sales because that is where I am finding the best percentage return on my investment.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.US

Ok guys Think about it we are in the information age. I want to tell someone on my computer phone about my stock trades and maybe get an auto loan for my hybrid vehicle. I don't want to buy in china or japan. How can I prevent that? I wonder?

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.US is the official country code for the United States, the largest economy etc etc... in the world.

That should be enough evidence. People might argue that .com is basically the US code anyway, but that is wrong.

If you want to announce to the world (or more specifically fellow Americans) that your site/company etc is from the US and for the US, then what better way than a .US?

It is just a matter of time IMO

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
.....How Far East.. you working .CN ? come on......

I have exactly one .CN which was a defensive registration I may not even bother to renew. So many .US not sure how many there are in my portfolio. Really no comparison between the 2.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the .us may become a popular domain amongst Americans (obviously) but i very seriously doubt the rest of the world! It's exactly like the .co.uk market but on a bigger scale, you will be able to trade amongst yourselfs but no-one outside of the Us will give a crap about your domain because it ties the viewers to a particular country. Unless obviously the company or domainer in question has a interest in the US. We still have some nice sales of .co.uk the recent biggy was hardcore.co.uk for £25000 on Sedo.

Blink is 'speculating' about the future of .us domains, in other words he thinks if he buys all the good names for cheap and makes a storm out of it, he would have single handedly increased the sales price of a .us, it is not because the .us market is on the up! But because he owns all the good names and can charge what he wants for them! Think a little! All these threads about him! Alot of publicity for free! Clever chap although ignorant and rude!

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its also the fact the multinational companies want to keep their name.. and trademark etc, so if they own the .us alternative of their domain they can concentrate on the US market. etc etc.

I think the value will easily rise.

Rich

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plain said:
I thought the volvocars.us commercial/campaign was very strong. They showed it during the final friends, during saturday night live and they showed it at my screening of farenheit 911 the other day. That's some pretty good exposure. Besides .com of course, I haven't seen any other tld (cc or gtld) new or old get that very high profile treatment.

your right there has NOT been another new tld advertised on TV.............and the reason you won;t because US is the only new tld with instant recognition,credibity and its already a worlwide brand who doesn;t know what the US is they just haven;t associated as an extension all the other new tld's you will need to brand the extension as well,,,,,

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aggieuk said:
I think the .us may become a popular domain amongst Americans (obviously) but i very seriously doubt the rest of the world! It's exactly like the .co.uk market but on a bigger scale, you will be able to trade amongst yourselfs but no-one outside of the Us will give a crap about your domain because it ties the viewers to a particular country. Unless obviously the company or domainer in question has a interest in the US. We still have some nice sales of .co.uk the recent biggy was hardcore.co.uk for £25000 on Sedo.

Blink is 'speculating' about the future of .us domains, in other words he thinks if he buys all the good names for cheap and makes a storm out of it, he would have single handedly increased the sales price of a .us, it is not because the .us market is on the up! But because he owns all the good names and can charge what he wants for them! Think a little! All these threads about him! Alot of publicity for free! Clever chap although ignorant and rude!

.US is all about America, and that's all it needs to ever be. The market is there from within enough to make it a powerhouse (which I predict) and the interest from the foreign companies will be those with a US Subsidiary looking to convince that US market of their involvement. These foreign companies are more interested in what the Americans think about their product sales in the US thn they care about smaller markets in other countries. In other words they will buy the US extension for the US market and could "give a crap" about the foreign markets.

You theory about Blink is wrong as well. He's one guy. He may have some slight impact on the US extension just because he's the first to "go public", but the rest of us were trying to hush it up for as long as we could. Blink is just working a plan to buy as much US inventory at the lowest cost as possible and smart enough to see that the time is now. The landrush drops are over, some catchers may sell cheap enough now and the prices will be going up significantly once that small drop catcher supply is gone. This .US market wave will lift all ships including Blinks boat, he's not the market, he's a smart trader though.
Doc

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc if that is the case (Basically the US is a big country) therefore the ext should do very well? How about the coming release of the .eu ext? This will encompass 40-50 countries???? I lost count ages ago! But i think the general feeling especially with the US domainers is that it will flop? But why? If your .us ext is predicted to rapidly rise how about europes? Britain alone is the 3rd or 4th biggest trader in the world. Along with the many other countries surely there must be a future for .eu. Or is it the classic case of my countries bigger and better than yours! nah nah nah???? (This i think is the case!)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aggieuk said:
Doc if that is the case (Basically the US is a big country) therefore the ext should do very well? How about the coming release of the .eu ext? This will encompass 40-50 countries???? I lost count ages ago! But i think the general feeling especially with the US domainers is that it will flop? But why? If your .us ext is predicted to rapidly rise how about europes? Britain along is the 3rd or 4th biggest trader in the world. Along with the many other countries surely there must be a future for .eu. Or is it the classic case of my countries bigger and better than yours! nah nah nah???? (This i think is the case!)

I think .EU will do fine, and I don't think the majority of US domainers think it will fail. I'd be a buyer if I could set up for the qualifications. We're not talking how many countries but rather the the commercial base I think. The only thing that throws me a bit on .EU is the number of different languages. Don't have a clue yet on the impact of those. Look at .DE, I think .US will eventually end up just under that ccTLD in registrations and just above .CO.UK. Will take a while, but the big push on the .US extension and development is starting July 4th as it should. We've held off as long as we could to take advantage of low speculative prices. They ain't making them anymore, so here we go!

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aggieuk said:
I think the .us may become a popular domain amongst Americans (obviously) but i very seriously doubt the rest of the world! It's exactly like the .co.uk market but on a bigger scale, you will be able to trade amongst yourselfs but no-one outside of the Us will give a crap about your domain because it ties the viewers to a particular country.

the u.s. market is biiiiiiig enough. so, nobody in the u.s. really cares whether the world cares. if it becomes popular among americans thats plenty and more than good enough.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Producer yours is a valid point although if the US was snubbed by the rest of the world it would be catastrophic to your economy, would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom