Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed who actually uses .us ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dot US, is that a new extension? :-D

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To see a "sample" of which companies are using dot us, run the following searches on http://www.google.com or http://www.yahoo.com

site:.us inc -state -k12 -cc -ci -co -lib -pdf -pippin

site:.us company -state -k12 -cc -ci -co -lib -pdf -pippin

This just gives you a sampling of which companies are using .us by searching for the words "inc" or "company" in .us sites (while cutting out all of the government, state, and school related websites).

Take care,

Harold Hunter Jr, Esq.
http://www.domainterritory.com

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I have been talking about in this thread (small business fueling the current boom in the industry and boosting new extension sales) has just been acknowledged by USA Today in a new story in their Tech section called "Small businesses fuel domain name boom". Here is a link:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-06-29-domain-names_x.htm

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That will help fuel some more growth Duke - Great exposure for the industry and your site as well. USATODAY is the real deal. Another "Good Job Duke"!!! Thanks again - Steve

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
That will help fuel some more growth Duke - Great exposure for the industry and your site as well. USATODAY is the real deal. Another "Good Job Duke"!!! Thanks again - Steve

There is no doubt about it Steve. USA Today has such a huge mainstream audience it will reach thousands of people who didn't know about info biz and us before. I have seen this happen repeatedly in media over the past 35 years. When new channels were opened people always filled them once they found out about them (happened in FM Radio, UHF TV and Cable TV and is now happening on the Internet). That's why I have never had any doubt the new extensions would be adopted.

The people who ignored all of the obvious signs don't know it yet, but they just missed the greatest buying opportunity this industry has seen since the mid 1990's. Some of the original new TLD owners gave up at precisely the wrong time - which I also saw happen in the cable industry in the 60's and 70's. The people who picked up the stock shares others walked away from wound up being millionaires. When peole look back on it a couple of years from now they will be stunned at what many of us picked up for reg fees in late 2003-early 2004. The window was open for about 6 months but is now shut as the big anniversary drops for all of the new TLDs are now over. It already costs about 10 times more to get the same names (and that is if you can find someone silly enough to sell them to you!).

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% Ron - Many jumped on the new extentsions at the roll-outs, had no luck and let them drop over the past few months. The country codes seem to be the next surge for growth starting with .us and many others. As you stated above, the regionalization of the internet will continue worldwide, thus fueling growth in the country code market. The days of one big search engine or market on the internet are gone, I think. In the very near future it will be broken down by countires, languages and regions, still driven by keyword domains in each area. We are with you Ron - glad to have been there on the roll-out on these new extentsions, as I am sure there will be a nice pay day at some point in the future for all of us.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey duke, how did u ended up in 'usa today'? and will this article be in the print version?

anyway, GREAT job!!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
hey duke, how did u ended up in 'usa today'? and will this article be in the print version?

anyway, GREAT job!!

Thanks producer. I don't know if this article is, was or will be in the print edition. At most mainstream media sites the stories on their websites were published in their print editions (that way they get more bang for their buck since their writers have already produced the material). I don't usually get USA Today unless I'm in the airport or at a hotel so I don't know if it was in the newstand edition yet. I Think their Tech section appears in hard copy one day a week but not sure what day that is.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
What I have been talking about in this thread (small business fueling the current boom in the industry and boosting new extension sales) has just been acknowledged by USA Today in a new story in their Tech section called "Small businesses fuel domain name boom". Here is a link:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-06-29-domain-names_x.htm

congrats Duke!! THE official Domain Reporter i always say stats are not real unless reported in www.dnjournal.US :approve:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
congrats Duke!! THE official Domain Reporter i always say stats are real unless reported in www.dnjournal.US :approve:

I hope that was a typo!

It infers they are not real if we report them. :-D

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
I hope that was a typo!

It infers they are not real if we report them. :-D

oopsssss edited

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glad to see so many happy feelings about .us.

but...

this thread was started to see if .us is actually in any real use. there have been one or two examples. is that it?!? surely, in a market that has so much potential according to so many, there must be more than metro.us and volvocars.us.....

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Android said:
glad to see so many happy feelings about .us.

but...

this thread was started to see if .us is actually in any real use. there have been one or two examples. is that it?!? surely, in a market that has so much potential according to so many, there must be more than metro.us and volvocars.us.....

How many thousands do you want to see? HHunter gave you the search string for Google in a post above. I put the first one in and got back 373,000 pages filled with links to .US sites. The first page alone features Disney, Konica, Novosoft and Bosch. There are countless smaller companies and, at this time at least, that is where the best market lies.

This is not directed at you Charlie, but so many people who can't see beyond .com want so badly NOT to see anything happening in new extensions, they refuse to open their eyes and look.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
but so many people who can't see beyond .com want so badly NOT to see anything happening in new extensions, they refuse to open their eyes and look.

Comeracts; medical condition, blurring of vision due to focusing too much on .COM :)

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There may actually be more stories about the .us trend.

The media may adopt .us as a bellweather for the recovering internet.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so many people who can't see beyond .com want so badly NOT to see anything happening in new extensions, they refuse to open their eyes and look.

:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators