Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Who is ULTSEARCH.COM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Omni
Maybe Yun Yee is amongst us... whois it huh:uhoh: :rolleyes: :shy: :sleep:

Yes Americar and Omni, I am 100% certain that Ultsearch reads here. To get to where he is, he's had to be totally wired with domain news and talk, and DNF is a must-read for him.

Greetings Yun Ye :D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ultrasearch.com .. is registered in Toronto .. Canada

Yunyee.com ... is not registered ..

Yunye.com ... is owned by .. No Name

:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
Yunye.com ... is owned by .. No Name :D

And no name inc is also Yun Ye :D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To many fizzy drinks ...

Fizz ...

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yunyee.com ... is not registered ..

Yunye.com ... is owned by .. No Name

I was in a stupid mood one day and mailed noname asking how much for the domain yunye.com. Of course no response but interestingly a couple of days after that noname.com went offline and hasn't come back since, I wonder why.

One thing I'd be interested to know about ultsearch is why it blocks sites like archive.org. Seems it mostly ignores previous owner attempts to recover an expired domain, but why erase all trace of the work someone has put into a site for no good reason?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Removing a site from archive.org prevents that old content from being used against him in a UDRP proceeding. It just makes it that much harder for the original domain owner to prove there was a site at that address previously.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yup, to a notorious squatter. :D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That wouldn't be the guy that .. Mel Proffit was trying to sue would it ! ..

I once made an offer, that i thought they couldn't refuse ..
to: [email protected]

I never heard .. nuffin.org back from em'.. nuffin .. zero .. zilch.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
instead of just ignoring emails why doesn't yun provide an auto-reply that says 'our domains are not for sale so don't expect a reply'. I'm sure the thousands of people who inquire would appreciate this and would not waste time with further emails, but anyone who is really keen and will make a big offer would not be put off by this.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wohl
One thing I'd be interested to know about ultsearch is why it blocks sites like archive.org...
Do you know HOW he blocks sites like archive.org?

D

dkny

Originally posted by revsorg

there are two methods to do this
-----------------------------------------
1. use web server to check User-Agent and redirect to somewhere else or response as unavailable.

2. use a simple perl/php/asp script to check User-Agent

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they started in San Francisco grabbing names. OnlineNic.com I believe used to do that for them, but I personally never liked onlinenic as they auction your drop list to their close friends

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thunayan, this sort of thing has been well covered in this forum--complaining about being out-dropped is a little like complaining about the lack of a sheriff in the wild west. When in Rome...

It simply reinforces that the drop game is a mug's game, and for a guy who seems to have some vision, it's hardly your style to whine.

Additionally, your derision of buydomains just doesn't stick: they've done spectacularly well, and they're good people to boot, having donated boatloads of money to helping inner city kids in American cities. If they're doing things "illegally" then perhaps law enforcement needs to step in (certainly ICANN won't), but in the meantime, stop serving the fine whine. As Godfather Sys says <GregR, don't delete!>: Bring your best pipe, or stay home.

After that, smile the smile of the Buddha. Life isn't fair after all...

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elequa
... And hopefully they will sell all their names to me ... :))

1% selling of their domains make them better radically :D

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by revsorg

Namebox, would you like to answer this? :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DnPowerful

Namebox, would you like to answer this? :D

NameBox answers:

robots.txt

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NameBox further adds re: archive.org and robots.txt:

The Standard for Robot Exclusion (SRE) is a means by which web site owners can instruct automated systems not to crawl their sites. Web site owners can specify files or directories that are allowed or disallowed from a crawl, and they can even create specific rules for different automated crawlers. All of this information is contained in a file called robots.txt. While robots.txt has been adopted as the universal standard for robot exclusion, compliance with robots.txt is strictly voluntary. In fact most web sites do not have a robots.txt file, and many web crawlers are not programmed to obey the instructions anyway. However, Alexa, the company that crawls the web for the Internet Archive, does respect robots.txt instructions, and even does so retroactively. If a web site owner ever decides he / she prefers not to have a web crawler visiting his / her files and sets up robots.txt on the site, the Alexa crawlers will stop visiting those files and mark all files previously gathered as unavailable. This means that sometimes, while using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, you may find a site that is unavailable due to robots.txt or other exclusions. Other exclusions? Yes, sometimes a web site owner will contact us directly and ask us to stop crawling or archiving a site. We comply with these requests.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow - thanks Namebox, that's bad news for me:cry: I had relied on the Wayback Machine to assess sites to see if they were previously used by Google spammers. For me, and I suspect many others, there is little point in buying a domain if its previous owner spammed it to death and got it excluded from Google. This would be a prime reason to drop an otherwise valuable domain name.

It was a questionable assumption in the first place, but I had assumed that if a site was absent from the Wayback Machine that it therefore had NO past history and was therefore safe to buy from the Google spamming perspective.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>DnPowerful: Additionally, your derision of buydomains just doesn't stick: they've done spectacularly well, and they're good people to boot, having donated boatloads of money to helping inner city kids in American cities.

I'm very curious in knowing more about buydomains.com's donation, do you mind sharing where you learn this? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators