Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enough already!

.Mobi haters - can you answer me this?

Why do you keep visiting the .mobi section with the sole intension of trashing the threads?

I can understand the 'fun' element - I like a bit of banter as much as anyone, but it's just getting a bit pathetic. If it was just down to that, your interest would've waned many months ago.

What does it matter to you how many posts there are? Or their content? Or what .mobis make at auction? Or who's buying them? Or who's (got around to) developing them? Or the weakest one yet - whether it was developed in-house?

You wouldn't bother after all this time if it didn't mean something to you - you know it; I know it; so come clean - why do you do it?

And no lying - I can tell if you are!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Hate" is a strong word. As strong as "pump and dump". Dozens of non-savvy people have been coerced into investing in this dodo of a TLD. Just check out the NamePros forums. Plainly ridiculous. There is no future in .mobi for the reasons already explained. For the same reasons that .asia has little future. The new TLD's simply re-introduce the same namespace, the few usual suspects grab the few high-paying keywords. They flip the names and move on to the next TLD. Telling people that because Lufthansa.mobi went live that's a great reason to invest in LufthansaFlights.mobi it's a big joke. But tell me this: if .mobi domains are there for "long term investment" in Vision's words, how come LongTermInvestment.mobi is still not taken a month after I first mentioned it?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
its "freedom of speech" in dnf, anyone's can talk their opinion as long as there no personal abuse involved - mobi's are not personal so can be abused time to time- next will be abusing .asia

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enough already!

.Mobi haters - can you answer me this?

Why do you keep visiting the .mobi section with the sole intension of trashing the threads?

I can understand the 'fun' element - I like a bit of banter as much as anyone, but it's just getting a bit pathetic. If it was just down to that, your interest would've waned many months ago.

What does it matter to you how many posts there are? Or their content? Or what .mobis make at auction? Or who's buying them? Or who's (got around to) developing them? Or the weakest one yet - whether it was developed in-house?

You wouldn't bother after all this time if it didn't mean something to you - you know it; I know it; so come clean - why do you do it?

And no lying - I can tell if you are!

Dont even try to get a answer! I tried and got banned for 3 weeks.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Hate" is a strong word. As strong as "pump and dump". Dozens of non-savvy people have been coerced into investing in this dodo of a TLD. Just check out the NamePros forums. Plainly ridiculous. There is no future in .mobi for the reasons already explained. For the same reasons that .asia has little future. The new TLD's simply re-introduce the same namespace, the few usual suspects grab the few high-paying keywords. They flip the names and move on to the next TLD. Telling people that because Lufthansa.mobi went live that's a great reason to invest in LufthansaFlights.mobi it's a big joke. But tell me this: if .mobi domains are there for "long term investment" in Vision's words, how come LongTermInvestment.mobi is still not taken a month after I first mentioned it?

The number of crap reg's are probably 100/1 other extensions to .mobi - and as for namepros, you don't need to be talking .mobi to bump into an idiot - hell, half their mods fit that description (how long before that earns a ban? 10, 9, 8, 7......).

So, .asia; I haven't got the slightest bit of interest in it. If there becomes a .asia forum on DNF, I probably won't ever visit it. I couldn't care less who gets what, what they sell for, who develops what, bla, bla, bla. The only thing that would lead me to it, is if I had an interest in it's success, or failure.

Your Lufthansa analogy doesn't work - noone is telling anyone else to go reg names.

But tell me this: if .mobi domains are there for "long term investment" in Vision's words, how come LongTermInvestment.mobi is still not taken a month after I first mentioned it?

Because it's a crap name of course - Wordtracker of 4 a day - wouldn't blow anyone's hair back in .com would it!

its "freedom of speech" in dnf, anyone's can talk their opinion as long as there no personal abuse involved - mobi's are not personal so can be abused time to time- next will be abusing .asia

Freedom of speech is great - no problem with that at all. I just want to hear how the bashers rationalize their actions in this area.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm so in on this one before it get's locked.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To help keep innocent noobs from being suckered into believing mobee is the future premier tld and that investing (registering crap) in them is wise.

If this person had read my posts, he wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars regging worthless mobees.

http://www.namepros.com/mobi-marketplace/427435-528-generic-words-mobi-info-biz.html

Oh purleeez.....you guys are all for helping the noobs, aren't ya!

As I stated above - crap reg's are probably 100/1 others to .mobi.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think .asia will be bashed as heavily as .mobi, because it won't have the number of supporters that .mobi has. You won't see a bunch of threads start up on .asia and tons of discussion about it's potential. People will talk for a month or two about the premium keywords they got, and then it will trickle down to the odd post. Plus you have to have an asian connection to buy one, so many don't even qualify.

.mobi has and will have a ton more live sites out there than .asia. So the .mobi debate will continue here until it's a proven extension or not.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The number of crap reg's are probably 100/1 other extensions to .mobi - and as for namepros, you don't need to be talking .mobi to bump into an idiot - hell, half their mods fit that description (how long before that earns a ban? 10, 9, 8, 7......).

So, .asia; I haven't got the slightest bit of interest in it. If there becomes a .asia forum on DNF, I probably won't ever visit it. I couldn't care less who gets what, what they sell for, who develops what, bla, bla, bla. The only thing that would lead me to it, is if I had an interest in it's success, or failure.

Your Lufthansa analogy doesn't work - noone is telling anyone else to go reg names.

Because it's a crap name of course - Wordtracker of 4 a day - wouldn't blow anyone's hair back in .com would it!

Freedom of speech is great - no problem with that at all. I just want to hear how the bashers rationalize their actions in this area.

Lufthansa.mobi got Vision wet and dripping - he added it to his 100-strong list of .mobi web sites. It was only an example of how hard .mobi fanbois are trying to justify the existence of this obsolete TLD.

As for the LongTermInvestment.mobi it was mentioned again to counter-argue Vision's great statement of how .mobi is a "long term investment". Well, I don't see how you can make such statements and miss out on capitalizing on your own words :D

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BizVision.mobi (i guess he is a reader?) :cool:

Well Jasdon, there are reasons why various dotMobi smear merchants and .mobi naysayers, like Fearless "Saint" Gregory choose to slither around this dotMOBI forum:

1.) Some are Masochists.

These mobiphobics derive pleasure from being humiliated and beaten by dotMobi investors. Some naysayers really enjoy subjecting themselves to things they hate and despise, things like dotMOBI.

or

2.) Others need to throw cold water on MOBI because they see an imminent threat. Certain people make under the disguise of constructive criticism with the intension to make dotMOBI look bad because they consider dotMOBI an emerging threat to their already established websites and PPC income. They certainly don’t want to lose any future visitors to MOBI and the more potential a new extension might have to become successful the more it will be the subject of their constant attacks.

or

3.) Some are investors privately and discreetly buying, but publically talking down the market.

Look, time is money.

Question:
If dotMOBI is "worthless" and if dotMobi "sucks"....

Would people earning 6 & 7 figures each year waste their valuable time and energy each day shooting the shit for hours about dotMOBI in a little ol dotMOBI subforum?

Answer: NO!!!

Therefore, they linger around, bitc & moan here, talkin down the market, so they can buy low, develop and sell high.

Question:
Do you see the MobiPhobic Mob consistently bitc & moan, hyperventilate, and bad mouth .eu, .info, .org, .cc, .biz .net or the other 255 domain extensions?

WHY is the Mobiphobic Mob always here?:

Because 16 month old MOBI is the most accomplished domain extension to emerge since .com

Michael

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Go about your business, buy up all your established domain extensions for high prices, leave the rest for visionaries / innovators / entrepreneurs / noobs / creative / forward thinking people, etc....

Fanbois, ferrets, lemmings etc.

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are just trying to save all you "MOBI LEMMINGS"

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't see how you can make such statements and miss out on capitalizing on your own words :D

It's in Vision's mobee tld employment contract he can't compete with potential sucker customers by regging mobees for himself.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BizVision.mobi (i guess he is a reader?) :cool:

Well Jasdon, there are reasons why various dotMobi smear merchants and .mobi naysayers, like Fearless "Saint" Gregory choose to slither around this dotMOBI forum:

1.) Some are Masochists.

These mobiphobics derive pleasure from being humiliated and beaten by dotMobi investors. Some naysayers really enjoy subjecting themselves to things they hate and despise, things like dotMOBI.

or

2.) Others need to throw cold water on MOBI because they see an imminent threat. Certain people make under the disguise of constructive criticism with the intension to make dotMOBI look bad because they consider dotMOBI an emerging threat to their already established websites and PPC income. They certainly don’t want to lose any future visitors to MOBI and the more potential a new extension might have to become successful the more it will be the subject of their constant attacks.

or

3.) Some are investors privately and discreetly buying, but publically talking down the market.

Look, time is money.

Question:
If dotMOBI is "worthless" and if dotMobi "sucks"....

Would people earning 6 & 7 figures each year waste their valuable time and energy each day shooting the shit for hours about dotMOBI in a little ol dotMOBI subforum?

Therefore, they linger around, bitc & moan here, talkin down the market, so they can buy low, develop and sell high.

Question:
Do you see the MobiPhobic Mob consistently bitc & moan, hyperventilate, and bad mouth .eu, .info, .org, .cc, .biz .net or the other 255 domain extensions?

WHY is the Mobiphobic Mob always here?:

Because 16 month old MOBI is the most accomplished domain extension to emerge since .com

Michael

I understand - but I want to see how they justify it to themselves, to each other, to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom