Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lufthansa.mobi got Vision wet and dripping - he added it to his 100-strong list of .mobi web sites. It was only an example of how hard .mobi fanbois are trying to justify the existence of this obsolete TLD.

As for the LongTermInvestment.mobi it was mentioned again to counter-argue Vision's great statement of how .mobi is a "long term investment". Well, I don't see how you can make such statements and miss out on capitalizing on your own words :D

Lufthansa is the world's 6th largest airline...but I never said to buy LufthansaFlights.mobi!! Give me a break!

Newsflash... people register dumb names in all extensions.

Acro, I appreciate your readership. I've also called dotMobi the most accomplished extension to emerge since dotcom.....

but do you see me registering

dotMobiisthemostaccomplishedextensiontoemergesincedotcom.mobi ??

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are just trying to save all you "MOBI LEMMINGS"

Arg Argghhhh! Caught out on the lie detector.....there's no philanthropy here, noone's nurturing the next generation of domainers.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Name one so we can laugh at this person. :yes:
Greg, we laugh at you everyday...I think your strategy is brilliant, keep it up;)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's in Vision's mobee tld employment contract he can't compete with potential sucker customers by regging mobees for himself.

So is it great quotes like this that could save the next noob from blowing a few dollars?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am more concerned about who will win the Westminster Dog Show and who's dresses the stars will be wearing to the Oscars than I am about .mobi's demise.

Can't you just feel the excitement growing?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To help keep innocent noobs from being suckered into believing mobee is the future premier tld and that investing (registering crap) in them is wise.

If this person had read my posts, he wouldn't have wasted thousands of dollars regging worthless mobees.

http://www.namepros.com/mobi-marketplace/427435-528-generic-words-mobi-info-biz.html

dont be silly... i am a noob and i didnt lose money with mobee.

i knew about the domain world for 1 month before mobey came out... so am i a noob suckering other noobs or whats going on?

some people lose their ***, some people win... sounds like business to me. :cool:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is like tag...

You're it,

no, you're it...

I said you're it...

Hey, quit slapping so hard...

Great - you go for the .us - leave us the .mobis!
:gossip:psst...let them have the typos. Sheeps is not a word. The singular is the plural and vice-versa.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont be silly... i am a noob and i didnt lose money with mobee.

i knew about the domain world for 1 month before mobey came out... so am i a noob suckering other noobs or whats going on?

some people lose their ***, some people win... sounds like business to me. :cool:

You are the exception rather than the rule. I'm very proud of you grasshopper. ;)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are the exception rather than the rule. I'm very proud of you grasshopper. ;)

but that applies to most situations involving making money, especially online these days.. if more people won than lost this wouldn't be very competitive..

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, thirty-odd posts and nobody has given a genuine reason.

Not surprising at all - I'm sure you either don't want to admit why, or you don't understand it yourselves.

For some of you, it's probably down to the herd mentality. Like the emporers new clothes, you don't want to be the one from your peer group who can't see it; or in this case, can see it.

When I started this thread, I knew there would be zero genuine answers. It's very basic human psychology. Most people are afraid of being seen to be wrong, and many are afraid of being seen to be different.

Most of you don't really know why you can't stay away from the .mobi section - well I'll tell you why, and it may hurt, but you'll know it's the truth:

It's because you are interested in .mobi, for better or for worse - plain and simple.

It cannot be any other way - and anyone who tries to deny that, is kidding themself.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gave a genuine reason. You just ignored it.

If you're referring to your post #6 - then check my retort at #8 - sorry if you've been feeling ignored, but you must've missed it.

Also, check out #23 where I call bullshit on the 'we're just trying to help the noobs' crap.

I mean, come on; noone on this forum is trying to help others to be better at this than our own kids....

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gave a genuine reason. You just ignored it.

thats all well and fine but im curious what made you sell off a buncha LLL.com's back in the day for a few hundred bucks each.. im guessing they were the "crappier combo's" of letters but honestly.. at the time were you doing it to sucker other people and play the pass-the-bag game?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jasdon, my answer is simple, I come because I am interested in the possibility that there may be an avenue that I have not yet understood, a business opportunity to be grasped.

Unfortunately all I find is a very small handful of domainers who self congratulate each other and start threads which in any other forum would be considered pointless. Instead in the .mobi forums the same handful of domainers continue to perpetuate the threads with congratulatory posts. As a domainer though I have a duty to myself (and my family) to research the subject thoroughly, so I read the posts about .mobi as an inclusive part of my domaining.

Now I post either to learn something, to try to understand something, or to question something. Unfortunately the replies I get are normally by the same handful of .mobi investors who immediately take umbridge that I should question their ideas. This has over the past few weeks left me more in the doubters camp than the supporters camp.

Yes I will continue to read the .mobi threads, for the very reason given above, I am a domainer. But I am coming to the opinion that it is not worth trying to debate anything in such threads because no reasoned argument is allowed by the handful of .mobi supporters.

I wish all domainers the very best of luck with their investments, that includes .mobi investors, but I also reserve the right to comment honestly in threads and that includes the .mobi threads. When a thread is started and it has no real point in my opinion I will say so and give reasons. If anyone, including the opening poster of a thread does not like that then that is just tough on them.

Now unfortunately this thread will continue and the chances are that the posts will remain as pointless as they have been.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jasdon, my answer is simple, I come because I am interested in the possibility that there may be an avenue that I have not yet understood, a business opportunity to be grasped.

Unfortunately all I find is a very small handful of domainers who self congratulate each other and start threads which in any other forum would be considered pointless. Instead in the .mobi forums the same handful of domainers continue to perpetuate the threads with congratulatory posts. As a domainer though I have a duty to myself (and my family) to research the subject thoroughly, so I read the posts about .mobi as an inclusive part of my domaining.

Now I post either to learn something, to try to understand something, or to question something. Unfortunately the replies I get are normally by the same handful of .mobi investors who immediately take umbridge that I should question their ideas. This has over the past few weeks left me more in the doubters camp than the supporters camp.

Yes I will continue to read the .mobi threads, for the very reason given above, I am a domainer. But I am coming to the opinion that it is not worth trying to debate anything in such threads because no reasoned argument is allowed by the handful of .mobi supporters.

I wish all domainers the very best of luck with their investments, that includes .mobi investors, but I also reserve the right to comment honestly in threads and that includes the .mobi threads. When a thread is started and it has no real point in my opinion I will say so and give reasons. If anyone, including the opening poster of a thread does not like that then that is just tough on them.

Now unfortunately this thread will continue and the chances are that the posts will remain as pointless as they have been.

Billbo:

What specific criteria do you evaluate before you deem an extension a success?

Do you believe .org, .info and .net are successful namespaces?

So if MTV decides to proceed in April and unleash a global marketing campaign of MTV.mobi ....do you think that is pointless?

If the world's largest banks promote their .mobi in on tv, print and throughout their branches, do you really believe that is pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom