Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jasdon,

Re: post 38.
"all I find is a very small handful of domainers who self congratulate each other."

From post #50 explaining why it is not self congratulation

Billbo, your whole argument is that these posts are not news. Well obviously they are - it might not be news that you personally are interested in, but it is for some of us. It shows us that day by day, more mega companies have taken the decision to build out a mobile site using their .mobi name. It shows what way they are thinking. These companies form the basis for how we do business, how we shop, how we are entertained. Far greater news value than whatever any domainers personal viewpoint is.

I then state
"the same handful of domainers of .mobi investors who take umbridge that I should question their ideas."

From post #49 where I ask where the opposing ideas are.

Where is the advice then? The most used 'excuse' is that they are 'trying to help noobs', so again, I'll deal with that;

Noone is trashing the .mobi threads to help noobs - if anyone wants to help the competition, tell them what to buy, not what they shouldn't buy. Besides, by telling people not to buy, may turn out to be extemely bad advice - who's to say? (check out the latest DNjournal cover story). Hell, I hand reg'd a .mobi two weeks ago and have turned down a $500 offer for it - this name was out there for anyone to grab. If I listened to the anti-mobi gang....

This is followed by
"no reasoned argument is allowed by the handful of domainers."

From post #59 - so where is the substance.

does that not extend to the .mobi section, or is trashing threads there fair game? Notice I only talk about 'trashing' threads - I have no problem with reasoned comments or opposing views, providing they are backed up with substance.

These points you have not answered, but more clearly my post #41 you have failed to answer the points raised there.

From my post #45 - if you were expecting me to go and count the individual companies, you're mistaken.

It shows us that day by day, more mega companies have taken the decision to build out a mobile site using their .mobi name. It shows what way they are thinking. These companies form the basis for how we do business, how we shop, how we are entertained. Far greater news value than whatever any domainers personal viewpoint is.

I do not 'police' this forum, what I and a growing number of members do though is to try and make this forum more professional, and we do that because we realise that the moe professional we members are the better it is for us as individual domainers and also for the forum members as a whole, including yourself.

Finally, it is without doubt that you did say/imply (depending on how you read it) that 'I' was bullying and trying to stiffle free speach, this I contest and in actual fact point out it is you who are trying to get people to stop posting opposing opinions to your own. The readers of the thread will decide whose argument carries most weight on this matter.

There you go again.....stop copying!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pointless, unfortunately that is my opinion of these threads. Your posts are not instructive, you do not debate, you try cheap jibes that everybody realises are such, and to carry on is just a total waste of my time.

But do not worry, ;) , I will be back and posting questions and comments in the .mobi threads just to cheer you up! :eek:k:

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pointless, unfortunately that is my opinion of these threads. Your posts are not instructive, you do not debate, you try cheap jibes that everybody realises are such, and to carry on is just a total waste of my time.

But do not worry, ;) , I will be back and posting questions and comments in the .mobi threads just to cheer you up! :eek:k:

I'm not the worrying type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom