• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed xn--wne-nma.com or wìne.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYdomainer

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Need Appraisal for xn--wne-nma.com or wìne.com


Yes, we know you're all good domainers with noble intentions. But this is an interesting exercise.

More to come!
 
If you put this up on auction at Sedo, you can probably get like $20,000 for it.
 
exercise? interesting choice of words.

regfee
 
Resale value is zero

Find a sucker who thinks its the real thing and you might be a winner. ( As mentioned above - Sedo auctions are full of crap like this !! )

Personally, I think this kind of domain gives a bad view towards IDNs in general.
 
My fellow domainers!
I'm proud of you. And I thank you for your input.
And here's a little info re wìne.com:

The name was concocted less than a month ago.
Some may think it's a jewel, but to others it's either 'merde' or 'Scheiße'.
 
If it means nothing, its worth nothing.
 
Actually, I think this kind of idns can be useful in terms of search engine placement. This is how it goes, if you search for wìne vs. wine... wìne actually returns more result than wine. :D

That's why I have registered a few of these IDNs myself. You never know... who could have guess that sex.com can be worth millions of dollar years ago right?

People might not be stupid enought to pay $20k for it, but you could have earning $20k with the SE traffic coming in if domain is indexed.

So, my appraisal value is "undetermine"... :)
 
This is how it goes, if you search for wìne vs. wine... wìne actually returns more result than wine. :D

Google results for "wìne" - 741
Google results for "wine" - 188,000,000

I think the correct one get just a few more than the phishing one !
 
Actually, I think this kind of idns can be useful in terms of search engine placement. This is how it goes, if you search for wìne vs. wine... wìne actually returns more result than wine. :D

That's why I have registered a few of these IDNs myself.

Google results for "wìne" - 741
Google results for "wine" - 188,000,000

I think the correct one get just a few more than the phishing one !

I guess this is why they fall for these names , they cant even search google right :lol:
 
Actually, I think this kind of idns can be useful in terms of search engine placement. This is how it goes, if you search for wìne vs. wine... wìne actually returns more result than wine. :D
That's it, let's hope your SE rating will shoot high. I'm not too optimistic :ok:
I don't think you are going to get a lot of type-in for 'wìne', it looks like another made-up word that belongs to no known language. Novelty item... imo $0.
 
Actually, I think this kind of idns can be useful in terms of search engine placement. This is how it goes, if you search for wìne vs. wine... wìne actually returns more result than wine. :D

That's why I have registered a few of these IDNs myself. You never know... who could have guess that sex.com can be worth millions of dollar years ago right?

People might not be stupid enought to pay $20k for it, but you could have earning $20k with the SE traffic coming in if domain is indexed.

So, my appraisal value is "undetermine"... :)


I sincerally hope you are kidding.

$0
 
phishing domain, nothing a serious domainer would even want to be associated with, trying to sell this gives the whole domain market a bad reputation, I see many of those on Sedo and I would be surprised if any of those sales goes through.. as soon as newbie bidders find out what they bought they would want to cancel, IMO trying to sell a name hoping somone doesnt realize its an IDN is plain fraud.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom