Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Al Gore Wants My Domains ClimateProject.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:
will this thread never die? lol

Pred :wacko:

Domain summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DmTalk, I just want you to know I love you. I don't want sabotagel this thread, if you want to beat me up do it in PM, fair enough? I'm not saying anything else. Have a wonderfully happy day.Cheers

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DmTalk, I just want you to know I love you. I don't want sabotagel this thread, if you want to beat me up do it in PM, fair enough? I'm not saying anything else. Have a wonderfully happy day.Cheers

Thanks, but it's not my intent to beat-up on anyone. I suggest we end this with a truce and if I don't hear back from you I will assume you agree. I wish you well.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keeping political discussions limited to the "politics" section would be a sign of maturity.

IIM8

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why dont you lease them (free/retain ownership as they have the.orgs anyway)

And request conditionally that you have a links directory or page to sell links to climate friendly businesses that sell products or serivices? Would be very good for inventors who need exposure also.

You get to retain the ownership, PR value, traffic and revenue from ethical/triple bottom line/ new products etc that fit the cause.

Just a thought and a commercially sensible one whilst being committed to their interests and yours.

:]

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say tomatoe you say tammatto..it's still a tomato. :eek:k:

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good thing not everybody thinks like 'Raidergirl'.... I would go with your first instinct and donate it, (or minimal charge like $2000.) At least you can feel like you're doing something positive for the planet.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing not everybody thinks like 'Raidergirl'.... I would go with your first instinct and donate it

Yeesh. So why did he even register it in the first place? It's like when you go to a movie early because you know it's going to be crowded. Someone comes in late and asks you for your seat. Did you get there early to reserve the seat for them?

Some people do this as more than a hobby.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good thing not everybody thinks like 'Raidergirl'.... I would go with your first instinct and donate it, (or minimal charge like $2000.) At least you can feel like you're doing something positive for the planet.

I see, so no other domain will help the planet accept this one?

Like most of you, I built my business to make money, not give it away to someone that has millions and can easliy afford it.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I were to give it away, I would give it direct to the project and not Mr Gore.

This is a mute point; I decided not to give it away or sell, but to keep it and build a link directory for all the Projects and Information sites reference this subject.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I offer $500 :eek:k:

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sure, those involved with the Climate Project will be doing a lot of good to save the planet. However, they will all be making as much money as possible to help themselves at the same time. What is wrong with that? They are not part of a homeless charity struggling to raise money for food.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see three ways in or out of this:

1. Do what the owner of firefox.com did and say that you will give them the domain if they permanently link back a "thank you to a specified number of your sites....

2. You have your foot in the door for a possible career change. Domain industry wont last forever, but NGO's, politics won't go anywhere soon...tell them you give them the domains in exchange for a reasonable 6 figure full time position in the organization or somewhere else in the government...great lasting pension, bankers hours and holidays up the wazoo.

3. just give or sell the domain outright.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5K maximum. The do not really need them (as Mocus said earlier). Many non profit sites have only.org and they work well.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see three ways in or out of this:
2. You have your foot in the door for a possible career change. Domain industry wont last forever, but NGO's, politics won't go anywhere soon...tell them you give them the domains in exchange for a reasonable 6 figure full time position in the organization or somewhere else in the government...great lasting pension, bankers hours and holidays up the wazoo.

lol.. namestrands in politics.

I have no intention of demanding a Job in which I am not qualified for, I am sure there are enough people un-qualified in politics running our respective countries.

You missed the the 4th way. I develop the site and use it to promote the issues.

Call me crazy but I have turned down the following offers since this thread.

• $2500
  • $6200
  • $15,000
  • $21,000

I have also recieved 12 begging emails from people claiming that a family member was killed during Hurricane Katrina, Asian Tsumani and some thing about wanting to use it as a shrine to victims of Disasters caused by the Climate Change.

One person even sent a picture of themselves in a Hostpital Bed in Florida, and another send me an awful picture of a child with tubes and machines connected to her.

Bottom Line, they want me to give them the domain to raise funds to help them and they want it for free.

I am never one to be so synical but some of the stuff really does beggar belief.

Organisations, profit and non-profit all over the world are now using the Term "Climate Project"

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd lease it to them under a contract for monthly revenue to you - 3 years minimum - with the option to buy/sell at a later date - as long as the new owner retains the exisitng agreement with the lease holder - It's a perfect recurring revenue stream that you can take to the bank and still own the domain -

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like your Ideas as per your PM. The thought of creating world wide subdomains is an interesting one.

uk.climateprojects.com
us.climateproject.com

hmm.. very interesting.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All this talk of big bucks with ClimateProject.com caused me to check the other major tld's. I was shocked to see that no one reading this thread (and especially the owner of the .com) had taken ClimateProject.us; not as surprised about ClimateProject.cc -- but I helped myself to both of them. They go nicely with my ClimateReport.com

.biz is available, but that make much sense and .biz's are not very valuable.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow. you must be so proud outwitting all the domainers in this thread.

The difference is that I regged before the climate project existed, were I to register after being made aware of it, then I would be acting in bad faith.

ClimateProject.mobi and even climateproject.eu is available perhaps you should register these also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators