Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

All Dnf domain catchers united and we beat Pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we can easily gather 100 registrars APIs and cathc what we want ,is that right?
I want to be the chairman now to make a team to catch domains ,find the best software to catch and use multi-servers worldwide...
is that ok?

Domain summit 2024

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yea, okay, whats the best software to catch?

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This should have been done a long time ago, but its not too late...we have the power! Let's do it!

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unless you set up a very complicated network and everyone does exactly what is told to do, I see little hope but I`m all available for a test :)

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No chance this will work. Sorry, I would love for it to work but it just will not.

The ONLY chance is owning your own registrar, as there are two different feeds to the registry. A regular expired feed and a Pending Delete feed. Using a normal register like Moniker or Enom etc, they do not even check the Pending Delete feed, so there is No Chance at getting a real drop.

Even if you spend the $100K plus on a registrar, your 1 feed could not compete with Snap's 30+ registrars, Enom's 20+ and Pool's. In total you would be going against 100's of registrars. It's like bringing a wet noodle to a sword fight.

But we can all dream right. :yes:

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No chance this will work. Sorry, I would love for it to work but it just will not.

Even if you spend the $100K plus on a registrar, your 1 feed could not compete with Snap's 30+ registrars, Enom's 20+ and Pool's. In total you would be going against 100's of registrars. It's like bringing a wet noodle to a sword fight.

Snapnames controls (owned or leased) hundreds of credentials.
Enom controls (owned or leased) 100-150 creds.
Godaddy controls (owned or leased) 8.
Pool controls (owned or leased) ??? I'm sure it must be between 100-200.

One registrar credential has zero chance of success for catching a valuable or mediocre .com domain.
Moreover, just about every .com domain that drops is registered. That might have recently changed
since the second largest domain taster was locked out of Verisign.

Last I heard, I believe Snapnames has 75 credentials (company owned) they
strictly use for domain tasting.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this might not work, not taking names here but almost all major registrars have tie ups with major drop catchers. We will have to use their API to compete with them, who gets the preference or who has the most chance? you or the registrar... it will be ultimately the registrar because it is their system we are 2nd to it not sure how many thousands of us are. This reduces success % to single digits or almost nil. Above all these the 2 hour drop window for the actual drop time + drop sequence(which name drops first which is next which is last) even though the drop sequence is few seconds or milliseconds it does make our job toughest in the world. When there was almost no or little demand is there for these dropping names it used to be good now I will stand in snow and cold with subzero temperatures for an hour rather than joining you guys :)

My 2 cents!

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's your game plan?

Regards,
em

keyword

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did this last year had some success at it but the problem was when I caught
a really good name like a 4 letter .com etc then what happens is the register was affiliated with snap so even though I caught it fair and square and got the emails to prove it was mine, later on that day or week they come along and transfer it to snap and del from your account and give you a refund, so I am afraid its not going to work

mediocre names on the other hand you can have reasonable success at
as I did last year

Also using someone elses API you are limited to how many calls you can make every 10 mins which is generally only 1000 every 10 mins where snap pool eNom etc.. are limited to 60,000 a min

hope this helps some of you to understand the process and backs up why you will never
hit the big domains

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did this last year had some success at it but the problem was when I caught
a really good name like a 4 letter .com etc then what happens is the register was affiliated with snap so even though I caught it fair and square and got the emails to prove it was mine, later on that day or week they come along and transfer it to snap and del from your account and give you a refund, so I am afraid its not going to work

mediocre names on the other hand you can have reasonable success at
as I did last year

Also using someone elses API you are limited to how many calls you can make every 10 mins which is generally only 1000 every 10 mins where snap pool eNom etc.. are limited to 60,000 a min

hope this helps some of you to understand the process and backs up why you will never
hit the big domains

How about get together and establish own Registrar anyway ?. Could set ground rules for all partners and then use the Registrar for own domains and sell to other domainers.

DG

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The ONLY chance is owning your own registrar, as there are two different feeds to the registry. A regular expired feed and a Pending Delete feed. Using a normal register like Moniker or Enom etc, they do not even check the Pending Delete feed, so there is No Chance at getting a real drop.

But we can all dream right. :yes:
WetNoodleSwordFight.com is available for registration

dont flog me please!

HNY! :)

keyword

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about get together and establish own Registrar anyway ?. Could set ground rules for all partners and then use the Registrar for own domains and sell to other domainers.

DG

thats a good idea, but to stand a chance would need to be more than the 1 register, but if we can get enough people involved that may work I do have contacts that can get registrars for roughly $30,000 + the icann fee

If we all work together on this it could work

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, this is available service from myrebel.com where you can create your own registrar for fee. I forgot the actual fees involve.

I've got this information during conference week. You don't have to reinvent a wheel, it is already exist. To start from scratch is very expensive.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, this is available service from myrebel.com where you can create your own registrar for fee. I forgot the actual fees involve.
I heard they charge like $3K a MONTH. And probably putting caps on tasting quantity etc.

keyword

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They will only let you taste a domain and will not let you dropcatch at the initial drop
there sister site is pool.com, They will not let you drop catch thats for sure

I know this because I have asked already, so basicly what happens in a drop is the following

for registrars there is a pool of dropping domains and if you are not a registrar you names not down im afraid so you have no access

I have looked into cutting corners too, there isn't any I have been down every avenue and the best option is to get together and open our own registrar, without my contacts that could run into $100,000

My contacts have already gone to the trouble of going through icann etc...
so in effect your buying a registrar business and there is more than 1 up 4 grabs :)

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone would like additional information on the MyRebel.com program please let me know as I manage Business Development for Rebel.com the registrar that introduced the program.

Keyword is correct in that you cannot participate in the drop with MyRebel.com as you are leasing the connection to the registry live production pool and not the dropping domains pool. Even if we were to lease you the drop pool connection you would not be able to compete with only a single connection when all the drop clubs such as Pool and Snap have many many more connections.

If you are thinking of getting a registrar to manage your own domains or to participate in tasting this is possible with our program. For those of you thinking of buying a registrar ICANN is making some serious changes to the registrar acreditation agreement which will make it very difficult to buy a registrar in the future.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just thought it would be good to club together and buy a DNF Registrar ,not necessarily for tasting or anything simply to have control of own destiny and a possible lucrative business on top. Sure there are plenty of places can get reseller etc etc etc, but I like to be at the top, i.e. a Registrar

DG

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Factually,Can't we sell .com?
Why not we provide .com register service and take place of registry?
it should be possible?
is it a huge investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators