Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bush to be arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's a kid in the bumf**k Wisconsin. Don't worry Qax, give it 10 years or so and you'll figure it out.

I did agree with one thing you said, and that's the part about how it's reflex for some people to say that terrorists hate us because they hate our freedom. It's pretty obvious that they seem to hate us because of out involvement in the Isreal/Palestinian affair and the fact that we have any interaction in the Arabic world.

Iraq invaded Kuwait, coalition kicked them out - and in doing so the US has bases in Kuwait and Saudia Arabia, and others I imagine. Saddam, I imagine, didn't think anyone would work to stop him in taking that country or any of the others around him.

Giving in to Hitler, acting appeasingly didn't seem to stop him. We'll never know what saddam's potential could have been.

The US has been in many areas in the world, they have taken it upon themselves to use their resources for the betterment of the world. Iraq wouldn't be in this situation if they haven't focused their attention and resources on being a hurtful influence on the world. Saddam could have been an oppressive jerk his whole life, done what he really wanted - he just called attention to himself when he moved into Kuwait.

We'll see, I would guess that once the smoke clears and the healing process is in play, I think we will see and hear things that Bush and Blair haven't been able to share with us.

-WC-

Domain Summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found interesting this interview with Toshiki Mogami, professor of international law at International Christian University:

Q: How do you feel about the Japanese government's decision to stand by America and Britain?

A: A nation that upholds pacifism and international cooperation as national policy must never treat the legal principle with contempt. Iraq has ignored the Security Council resolution and America has snubbed international law.

Before anything, Japan ought to be doing everything in its power to tell Iraq and America alike to respect the law.

When an ``empire'' becomes fixated with flexing its military muscle, this is the start of that empire's decline. The Japanese government ought to ask itself seriously if it is in the nation's best interest over the long term to support such an empire.
http://www.asahi.com/english/op-ed/K2003031900262.html

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Folks, please disregard any and all comments by the user known as Qax, I have serious reasons to believe he might be a member of an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell attempting to take over America by drinking all our booze.

And for the record Qax, I'm not anti-Dutch in the slighest, I'm anti-UN because they are a bunch of terrorists and racists. We put Syria on the Head of the Security Counsel even though the military evidence suggests Syria is where Saddam is storing illegal weaponry. Whats next, a Peace Prize for Hitler?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
Folks, please disregard any and all comments by the user known as Qax, I have serious reasons to believe he might be a member of an Al-Qaeda sleeper cell attempting to take over America by drinking all our booze.

And for the record Qax, I'm not anti-Dutch in the slighest, I'm anti-UN because they are a bunch of terrorists and racists. We put Syria on the Head of the Security Counsel even though the military evidence suggests Syria is where Saddam is storing illegal weaponry. Whats next, a Peace Prize for Hitler?

The U.N. is nothing more than a farcical debating society where the inmates are now running the asylum.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon

I'm anti-UN because they are a bunch of terrorists and racists.

That must be the dumbest thing ever posted on this board.

And to suspect Qax to be a terrorist must be your idea of freedom of speech, uh ?

See, you're already acting against one of the principles that America has always been so proud of - freedom of speech.

Democracy ?

Go figure.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Beatz.

When I say someone is a terrorist who plans on overthrowing our country by drinking all our alchohol, that should not be interpreted as a genuine statement about his military risk. I thought that was obvious to everyone except maybe small children and mentally retarded people.

Originally posted by beatz
And to suspect Qax to be a terrorist must be your idea of freedom of speech, uh ?
Go figure.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think to call the UN a bunch of terrorists and racists just gotta win the Darwin Award, congrats dragon.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quaddfi chairing the Council for Human rights? ( A terrorist in his own right )

Syria chairing the security council? ( on list of terrorist supporting nations, rumored to be hiding WMD for Sodumb )

Among numerous other things....Hmmm...

UN troops videtaping the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers by terrorists and denying it. Then being called out and admitting that they did have the tapes but were going to release them...then only releasing them after editing the terrorist faces out.
To this day not revealing information that could at the very least send the bodies home to their families. I'm missing something what is the honor in protecting terrorists that are listed in the world list of violators? Seems to be the opposite of what the UN is meant for....UN peacekeepers ..ya right.

why isn't Kofi doing anything about the atrocities in the sudan? What 2 million dead in ten years?

What about the active slave trade, why isn't that being addressed?

What about the abuse of women in countries that are members in "good standing" of the UN?

the Useless nations are very selective on which causes they pick up and why. They may offer a number of programs that help in various areas. But as a whole the UN is a failure. They keep proving over and over.

This is another example of their failure...they agreed to stand together in a stance against Sadaam #1441. Sodumb was given an ultimatum... Disarm or else.

Did he disarm? No. It wasn't the direct job of the inspectors to go into Iraq and SEARCH for arms...they were supposed to be turned over. They were not. France and germany led their pack in going back on their words in 1441 and were defending iraq.... give them more time give them more time...12 years is enough and what 30-40 resolutions agaist iraq? Why should Sodumb comply? They no consequences that truly affect him.

France and Germany and Russia and China have shown the world just how ineffecdtive the UN is. They chose to defend their Billions in investments instead of the well being of the iraqi people and the world. We all see it its all documented,
they are protecting their investments through the UN.

As to the terrorists and rascist comments the many members of the UN have been shown and proven as terrorists and supporters of terrorist factions.

You can deny the facts all you would like but the truth is the truth and denial will never change it.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not that the UN has shown it's ineffectiveness.
It's rather like the US has shown how much they do *NOT* care about international law.

By international law standards, this war is a war crime.

And should i even start with all the cruel things the CIA has done to the world in the past, is doing right now and will do in the future?
It would be an endless list.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How bout this...

Address some of the issues I mentioned. Instead of avoiding and turning to another focus :)

Every country can be called out on something....nothings perfect and no one say it is ... but lets stay with the "current" problems at the UN.

I would really like to hear what your thoughts are on the above mentioned issues.

Lets finish one discussion before we start 10 more. :)

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
apparently you aren't reading Izoot's posts very well, Beatz.

Originally posted by beatz
I think to call the UN a bunch of terrorists and racists just gotta win the Darwin Award, congrats dragon.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange.com
My suggestion: lounge or not lounge, let's keep religion and politics out. Many people have strong views on both. Why ruin the DNF environment?

AGREED

quack :cool:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UN`s Annan: Perhaps if we had persevered a little longer, we could have resolved the Iraq crisis peacefully

I would be interested in what would have made him think that. Obviously nothing sodumb did. Right now Sodumb is shooting off the missiles he "didn't have".

perhaps ... perhaps ... perhaps ... 12 years of perhaps and nothing changed. Perhaps the time had come to show sodumb that he could drag things out no longer. Perhaps...but who knows....not I

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The idea of censorship in the forums sounds undemocratic to me. This is the lounge and let's face it, we are at war and this will be a topic of discussion in free and democratic environments.

As for Bush, I am deeply concerned about his appointment of Elliot Abrams to the National Security post overseeing Mid East and African Affairs. Mr Abrams was convicted of lieing to congress under oath about his involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal. He was pardoned by Bush Sr.

http://www.mediatransparency.org/people/elliot_abrams.htm

Even more repulsive is George W bush's appointment of John Poindexter to head of the total Information Awareness Agency ( a Pentagon agency in charge of domestic spying). Poindextor was also indicted for lieing to congress and convicted but his verdict was overturned as he had been granted immunity for his licentious testimony.:

http://www.hereinreality.com/bigbrother.html
http://www.warblogging.com/tia/poindexter.php

When George W Bush appoints persons convicted of lieing to congress to key positions involving the security of our country, one must truly question the motives and integrity of our president. Lieing to Congress under oath is about as Un-American as it gets.

It would be nice to hear some responses justifying the appointments of these two individuals by our president.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
btw...Please don't confuse my posts for blind support of Bush. I don't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. I'm still trying to figure out how his economic plan is gonna help us little guys ... tax breaks to the rich and the corporate... hmm. No taxation of dividends... gee thanks, that will sure help me out :)

But then again I don't trust most politicians. Most of the good guys trying to make a true difference never make it anywhere they actually have the power to do something substanstial.

Qax

Level 4
Reaction score
You and draqon have complained about the UN and it's actions. What exactly do you guys propose instead? How about we let you izoot run the world?

The UN exists, because it's very important for the world to have an internaional body, to help keep countries out of conflict and to stop atrocities. And it's generally setup to be a democracy, where, for the most part countries are on something close to a level playing feild.

The UN, I think weeds out extremism. If each country or culture gets it's vote, and a majority wins......and it says something is "right" or "wrong", most likely....it is. Lets say, just for the purposes of argument, that there are 9 main cultures in the world. And because we have the UN, each got 1 vote. On a specific issue, lets say 8 out of 9 cultures found something to be extremly unethical, and the other 1 said it was "right". 8 out of 9, would more likely to be correct than that 1. The other option, is letting whoever happens to have the biggest guns, do absolutely whatever they want.

I tried to address all of your questions specifically, however I don't know enough about most of them to really speak about them.

But I will address what you then said about Iraq.

"
This is another example of their failure...they agreed to stand together in a stance against Sadaam #1441. Sodumb was given an ultimatum... Disarm or else.

Did he disarm? No. It wasn't the direct job of the inspectors to go into Iraq and SEARCH for arms...they were supposed to be turned over. They were not. France and germany led their pack in going back on their words in 1441 and were defending iraq.... give them more time give them more time...12 years is enough and what 30-40 resolutions agaist iraq? Why should Sodumb comply? They no consequences that truly affect him.

France and Germany and Russia and China have shown the world just how ineffecdtive the UN is. They chose to defend their Billions in investments instead of the well being of the iraqi people and the world. We all see it its all documented,
they are protecting their investments through the UN."

Iraq was disarming. And even if they weren't totally, so what? Do you propose.....everytime someone does something against the wishes of the UN, it gets taken over in a bloody invasion? Actually aren't we right now, defying the UN? So now shouldn't they take us over in a bloody seige, according to you?

Iraq was complying almost completely with 1441, and even if they were supposed to fully......that doesn't automatically mean they get taken over in a bloody seige. What exactly is your position? If someone you really don't like, isn't 100% defenseless against you, you take them over? Iraq was doing just about everything the UN was asking, and the US was characterizing their efforts as next to nothing.

And it's almost funny you should accuse all of doing what they're doing because of money or resources. You say that as if they're the ones who are doing the extremeist thing, or they are the one's out of whack with popular opinoin? No France isn't out of line with the world population opinoin......YOU sir are.

The United States best support, the UK, has less than 10% of it's citizens supporting our war efforts without UN backing. That's our closest friend.

But back to you accusing these countries of doing what they are for economic gain.....is it more likely that the US is doing that, or.....that LIST of countries you gave? They are the ones in line with popular PHILSOPHICAL will. The United States is the one already contracting out who will get to run the oil wells after we take Iraq over (dick cheneys' old company Halo burtain). The US are the ones trying to bribe people into helping support our efforts even though it's against the will of their population. The US is the one threatening to take away humanitarian AID packages, to try to force other countries not to vote with their philsophical ideals. You are denying the obvious, right in front of your face....The United States is the one doing this for economical reasons.

You don't like the UN izoot, but the other option is having the country with the best military totally run the show - and I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted that, now being that the people who do happen to have the biggest bombs right now, totally support your unpopular beliefs. But what if Saddam was the one with 10,000 nukes, and we were the ones trying to go to a worldwide vote (and had them on our side)?

Democracy is more likely to weed out extremist views, than just letting the guy on the block with the biggest guns do whatever they want. It's more likely for 1 country to go off the deep end, than the majority of civilizations and cultures in the world.

Originally posted by izoot
Quaddfi chairing the Council for Human rights? ( A terrorist in his own right )

Syria chairing the security council? ( on list of terrorist supporting nations, rumored to be hiding WMD for Sodumb )

Among numerous other things....Hmmm...

UN troops videtaping the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers by terrorists and denying it. Then being called out and admitting that they did have the tapes but were going to release them...then only releasing them after editing the terrorist faces out.
To this day not revealing information that could at the very least send the bodies home to their families. I'm missing something what is the honor in protecting terrorists that are listed in the world list of violators? Seems to be the opposite of what the UN is meant for....UN peacekeepers ..ya right.

why isn't Kofi doing anything about the atrocities in the sudan? What 2 million dead in ten years?

What about the active slave trade, why isn't that being addressed?

What about the abuse of women in countries that are members in "good standing" of the UN?

the Useless nations are very selective on which causes they pick up and why. They may offer a number of programs that help in various areas. But as a whole the UN is a failure. They keep proving over and over.

they are protecting their investments through the UN.

As to the terrorists and rascist comments the many members of the UN have been shown and proven as terrorists and supporters of terrorist factions.

You can deny the facts all you would like but the truth is the truth and denial will never change it.

Qax

Level 4
Reaction score
What materials are you talking about? The US and britian kept saying he had bought these tubes that could be used to make long range bollistic weapony, but those claims were rebuffed by the top UN weapon expert, saying that those tubes could not be converted.

You're furthering alegations that have already been proven false against Iraq.

Originally posted by WildCard
To make this short and sweet, I think it's safe to assume that Bush, Blair, and the others that agree with this war - that they have legit intelligence that proves a future danger in Saddam.

The fact that UN inspectors found no WMD is beside the point. They did find materials that proved they have purchased weapons within the past 12 years (those missiles and parts) and the fact that they are slowly destroying them means nothing.

That's like catching a bank robber, finding some of the money he stole and him offering to slowly pay the bank at his leisure. If Saddam wanted to, he could have laid all 100+ missiles and had a bulldozer run over them Monster truck style! :)

Or, Saddam could have forgone PURCHASING the missiles at all, as per UN sanctions setup 12 years ago.

This action only puts other rogue countries on notice that their actions have potential to be policed by the UN or coalition forces.

I say Bravo.
-WC-

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Qax, the United Nations encourages and legitimizes terrorism by allowing countries such as Syria to sit as Head of its security counsel. Your arguments, strictly theoretical, that the United Nations works as a moderating influence is absurd, because if that was true it would never have allowed as insane a country as Syria to be in the Security Counsel. History has shown us that given the opportunity, the "majority of civilizations and cultures in the world" will go off the deep end quite quickly.

Iraq is not disarming whatsoever. It simply is carting around its biological and chemical weapons from one neighbor to another, staying one step ahead of the inspectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom