• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Deal database for .ca domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
36
For many folks it would be interesting to have an accurate listing for completed domain name sales for the .ca community.

Unfortunately, some people also are reluctant to share information, either the exact sales price or the actual domain name.

Would it be possible to get .ca domain sellers to agree to some kind of conditional reporting system, whereby they report a sale and the value, but limit what is publicly available?

An example:

Joe sells Bob a domain like LoveHorse.ca for $1925

Joe and Bob both agree this may be listed, so we would show LoveHorse.ca and $1925 as the price.

If Joe and Bob wanted, we could instead say only the domain, and place it "under $2000" or show the exact amount and say the domain was a "two word generic" or something like that.

Are there any suggestions to be made?
 
I think for me...the only way it will work if I report 3 letter.ca sold for XXXX....4 letter generic sold for $$$$$.....you just need to create the cateogories...you would need someone to verify the transaction through an escrow receipt or something...this would be a good gauge of activity and types of name selling...get people real insight into the market...whoever is verifying has to be trustworthy obviously...
 
So we decided to have a members-only private site for this. If you have interest in participating in some functionality testing - no live data! - please let me know.
 
I just recently wished I had ONE place to go to to find sales history for dot ca. My idea is that someone should put up a Wordpress type site...where people can upload sales.
There are quite a few sales that occur on Pool that never make the dnjournal, but only those that bid on the particular domain name can report it. Ron Jackson is very
careful about documentation, as he should be, but a wp site that is accessed by buyers and sellers could solve this problem. Making a site only available to some, i.e. private, would serve no purpose. For example, I have some end-users that are complaining about the prices that I am asking for....If there was one link that I could send them to, so they could see
past sales, then that would be helpful for all sellers. For the moment, I am using old dnjournal links that report some dot ca sales, but if someone started a site that I could
just enter the domain name, date, and price sold for.....that would be great...type of sale could also be recorded, i.e. auction, or pvt. There is nothing to stop someone from posting a false sale, but that would be up to the owner of the website to consider if it is acurate. anyway, my two cents...hope it helps..qm
 
I just recently wished I had ONE place to go to to find sales history for dot ca. My idea is that someone should put up a Wordpress type site...where people can upload sales.
There are quite a few sales that occur on Pool that never make the dnjournal, but only those that bid on the particular domain name can report it. Ron Jackson is very
careful about documentation, as he should be, but a wp site that is accessed by buyers and sellers could solve this problem. Making a site only available to some, i.e. private, would serve no purpose. For example, I have some end-users that are complaining about the prices that I am asking for....If there was one link that I could send them to, so they could see
past sales, then that would be helpful for all sellers. For the moment, I am using old dnjournal links that report some dot ca sales, but if someone started a site that I could
just enter the domain name, date, and price sold for.....that would be great...type of sale could also be recorded, i.e. auction, or pvt. There is nothing to stop someone from posting a false sale, but that would be up to the owner of the website to consider if it is acurate. anyway, my two cents...hope it helps..qm

Accuracy is the key, and several people have made it clear they could not participate in any system that is wide open to the public. For this reason, we decided on a private site, but you could easily reveal prices to your buyer with a keyed URL link, such as www.xyzwhatever.ca/QMusersales/349ru9 which would allow them access to your lookup. The alternative would be that we send a pdf to them from the site, but that would require more work.
 
As long as the name s hidden the data is useless. How do you use it to gauge values and make comparables.

If a realtor showed up at your house and wanted to list it for $5M youd ask why, would you accept a reply of because a house somewhere in Canada sold for that? lol

Useless.
 
i'd be in .... I have already posted that I sold beso dotca for $1000. though Sedo. Even made Dnjournal.... am I a domainer now?
 
That's one of the reasons I started my .ca blog, to report sales from DNjournal, auctions and the forums when i see them. If I ever have the time, I could go back and collect the data from all the posts, but at least many sales are recorded in there.
 
As long as the name s hidden the data is useless. How do you use it to gauge values and make comparables.

If a realtor showed up at your house and wanted to list it for $5M youd ask why, would you accept a reply of because a house somewhere in Canada sold for that? lol

Useless.

Well if certain people did not post bogus sales perhaps it would be easier to have everyone trust everyone else. If you want to do a sale for that home you call up a realtor and pay the fees and commissions, and if you want to go it alone, you can do the work yourself.

I am rather annoyed that I get complaints for trying to do something here, but what do you expect for nothing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom