Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Did you register .MX domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
was it Fernando? :)

lol - yes, you're a detective. It has high google search and a popular name.

As the price goes up more people will search for names, and check who owns them, so traffic might increase in the next weeks from that.

Domain Summit 2024

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol - yes, you're a detective. It has high google search and a popular name.

it was one of a few i had on my watchlist :)

i semi-regret not regging a few names that got taken shortly after i found they were still available. but i was trying not to go overboard and stick to a budget. one was green.mx. there were a few other nice ones.

I still have quite a list, need those prices to come down more

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the ones I keep checking still show as available

I'm wondering if people are keeping quiet and waiting to grab more, or if there is just not much interest. guess we'll see as it keeps dropping.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the ones I keep checking still show as available

I'm wondering if people are keeping quiet and waiting to grab more, or if there is just not much interest. guess we'll see as it keeps dropping.

i find a lot of the names on my list getting snapped up.

did you notice the price at godaddy just dropped to $64.99?

i almost did it again, regging the night before a price drop. i was running over some list as it was still $79.99 and when i was finally ready to reg and hit checkout, i updated my cart and the price went down to $64.99. woot! :eek:k:

my guess now is that they are not dropping the price according to set dates, but according to a predetermined schedule of registration volume, such as 1000 regs price drop, 10,000 regs and price drop, 50,000 regs and price drop, and so on. if that were the case it would indicate the landrush is doing quite well as we're almost getting down to the low-water mark of $35 which was supposed to be not until November 1st I believe

Last edited:

.tv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i find a lot of the names on my list getting snapped up.

did you notice the price at godaddy just dropped to $64.99?

i almost did it again, regging the night before a price drop. i was running over some list as it was still $79.99 and when i was finally ready to reg and hit checkout, i updated my cart and the price went down to $64.99. woot! :eek:k:

my guess now is that they are not dropping the price according to set dates, but according to a predetermined schedule of registration volume, such as 1000 regs price drop, 10,000 regs and price drop, 50,000 regs and price drop, and so on. if that were the case it would indicate the landrush is doing quite well as we're almost getting down to the low-water mark of $35 which was supposed to be not until November 1st I believe

$64.99 is also a good deal. I got a few names today.

dndisplay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have registered following .mx names at the various prices (high to low in order):

index
investment
investments
bazaar
care
education

Let's see how these are going to do in the aftermarket.....

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just registered my first one:
www.UPLOAD.mx
Planning on purchasing more..
Hopefully these "premiums" will be sold at high prices in the future, we'll see!

Last edited:

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you register them??
btw GoDaddy prices dropped again today, now $54.99/yr.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MX Domains are now $39.99 for the first year at Go Daddy (decreased from $54.99).
Additional years remain at $34.99/yr

-=DCG=-

davidwest

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FASHIONS.MX
HONEYMOON.MX
baratos.mx
digitalcameras.mx

decided to pick up a few english words since so many here seemed to be doing that too....

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FASHIONS.MX
HONEYMOON.MX
baratos.mx
digitalcameras.mx

decided to pick up a few english words since so many here seemed to be doing that too....

i just picked up 8 more myself at the low price, including drums.mx and guitars.mx :D

again, went half english and half spanish. as a drummer and guitarist i'm super happy for these two though! :yes:

i'm gonna go home and toca mi guitara now :eek:k:

MX Domains are now $39.99 for the first year at Go Daddy (decreased from $54.99).
Additional years remain at $34.99/yr

-=DCG=-

Adam, want to share any of your picks? :D

rakesh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have following

aids.mx
vaccine.mx
flu.mx
flight.mx
hiv.mx

thanks

mibworld

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got almost 50 .mx domains, only one in English and the rest Spanish generic words. There are still some good ones available but most of the better Spanish words are already taken.
nice names.....

is anyone here buying spanish language *.mx ??

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got almost 50 .mx domains, only one in English and the rest Spanish generic words. There are still some good ones available but most of the better Spanish words are already taken.

theres still some great names available but you gotta dig deep. i've bought some just recently with xxx,xxx exact monthly local search (.com.mx). if .mx can subsume .com.mx and the market does well these should be worth some bank

davidwest

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theres still some great names available but you gotta dig deep. i've bought some just recently with xxx,xxx exact monthly local search (.com.mx). if .mx can subsume .com.mx and the market does well these should be worth some bank

way to use the stats!!! wish i was as smart as you a few weeks ago.... dohhhh....

i checked some of the domains of the type that you bought and found an interesting tidbit....

type in ba-k.com.mx

it is redirected to juegosdiarios.com.mx that is parked at sedo.com

the trip is that sedo shows the traffic at

Domain Statistics

Visitors to this Sedo offer page:

140 (previous 31 days)

Visitors to this domain’s website:

12,733 (previous 31 days)

Search engine rankings:

View Ranking Report

Previous offers for this domain:

but it would be interesting to know how much of that 12,733 came from redirects.....

tit just goes to show you how much homework you should do on ANY domain before you spend big bucks in an auction....

=================

again, nice job of being professional and making your choices based upon known performers.... it has only taken me two years to see that the way that you are domaining is the only way that will ever work...

congrats,
and good luck,
david

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom