• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DownloadMusic-Legally.com Overture of more than 1 MILLION

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hyphen definitely kills it, but we have a couple of sites with names that long (minus the hyphen :) ) that get well over a million visitors a year.

But, and that's a big but, you have to build something worthwhile under the name.

People are not very likely to type names that long in by chance or by choice. (I'm sure the more experienced domainers have stats for that) People will use links to find such a site and bookmark if they like it, thus solving the type-in issue. Getting those inbound links, and lots of them takes time and effort, money if you wish, and some luck or a great idea. Read about site promotion and SEO.

If you build it, they will come. Get enough of them, and you can buy a new name!!
 
Agree with aZooza. $0
 
I have seen worse domains sold for xxx, I won`t say you can be that lucky but you never know.

Maybe on Ebay some people would give you $ 50.
 
waste of time and listing-fee to list that thing on ebay, stop beating a dead horse cut your losses
 
Actually, some of my first purchases were some of my best names (and sales). The poor one seem to come late at night when intelligent people are sleeping. The one that the next morning you say to some one, "I bought a great domain name last night - its ---------". And they say "were you high ?, that doesn't even make sense". And you have to admit they are right.
 
regfee - $0
Sorry
 
VisualDigits said:
The hyphen kills it. It's too long as well. Good keywords though so as others have suggested it could rank high in MSN. I wouldn't say it's worthless but I think you will have a hard time finding a buyer. Your best bet is to develop it!
Just my 2 cents anyways.
I agree. Sometimes when something sounds good to you it can be crap. Just have to cut your loses. Believe me, everyone in this forum has regd atleast one crappy name.
 
Downloadmu-siclegally.com has the same OVT. Hyphens aren't counted in OVT or searches. :wink:

$0 from me too. I hate hyphens. Sorry. At least you paid reg fee and not a penny more. Consider it a cheap lesson learned. :-)
 
SEO is not a pancea for a poor name. Proper "SEO" takes time and money and if you don't know anything about it a lot of learning, just like domaining.

So my advice is, don't throw good money after bad. Dump the name.
 
well at least I will have learned something new thanks to this thread !
 
Com'in bobby

EU regulations on downloading music are even trickier than the US ones.... which means that IF the .EU become the second COM, this name will reach an high value.... I am not saying this is going to happen now, but it may happen in 2 or 5 years... who knows
 
the name is too long IMO
i can see the concept, just doesn't work for me
however if/when you sell it please let me know how much it went for
 
Ok.

I hope that I will manage to find a buyer for the EU version non hyphenated.

I will let you know what it went for
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom