Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Expiring domain question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a question for ya peeps. I'm kinda new in the domain market so I have a question if a domain is worth getting. For this, i'm going to use the words "grape and vine" for examples. The domain im looking at contains three words and when i do an overture on these words, it comes up with 16000 overtures. Would you say a domain (e.g. grapeandvine.com) would be worth registering even though theres an and in it? The and is also present in the overture.
-D

Domain summit 2024

pavd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
BTW just wanted to add in my two cents about network solutions - theres domains that I see dated back to 2001 that expired that have not been deleted from the registery. they claim cause there was possible conflict or something with the last owner which is bs. I don't know who's running the game here but they should be checked out.
-D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pavd
Got a question for ya peeps. I'm kinda new in the domain market so I have a question if a domain is worth getting. For this, i'm going to use the words "grape and vine" for examples. The domain im looking at contains three words and when i do an overture on these words, it comes up with 16000 overtures. Would you say a domain (e.g. grapeandvine.com) would be worth registering even though theres an and in it? The and is also present in the overture. -D

Like we have said before, and is one of the so called 'stop words' used by search engines.

The results are the same for 'grape and vine' as they are for 'grape vine.' I am sure almost all searches and returns are for the term without the 'and' in the middle.

Searches done in June 2002
Count Search Term
4357 grape vine Same Results using grape and vine

results via easy to remember website with Suggestion Tool link -

www.SuggestionTool.com

pavd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanx for the response. I understand what you're saying, its basically the search engine will automatically add in and to the search. When I do a search on overtures though (e.g. just grape vine ) it comes up grape and vine without me putting in the and. Could it be that people who search automatically put in the and themselves?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pavd thanx for the response. I understand what you're saying, its basically the search engine will automatically add in and to the search. When I do a search on overtures though (e.g. just grape vine ) it comes up grape and vine without me putting in the and. Could it be that people who search automatically put in the and themselves?

Hmm....you have it backwards. The SE does not add the AND, instead it ignores the AND, since its a stop word.

Also, I have no idea what you are saying regarding the 'and' being 'put in' if you do not put it in yourself.

For more info do a search here on stop words for an earlier post on this subject made July 3.

pavd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
for example, i search for:

grape vine

and the overture comes out

grape and vine

so the and is included in the overture without me adding and in it. Make sense?

-D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pavd for example, i search for: grape vine and the overture comes out grape and vine
so the and is included in the overture without me adding and in it. Make sense? -D

Still do not understand. Here are the Suggestion Tool results and I do not see the 'and' being added anywhere on the report. Perhaps someone else could figure out what you are asking :confused: as I am unable to help you or reply again.

Searches done in June 2002
Count Search Term
4357 grape vine
203 growing grape vine
199 pruning grape vine
147 grape vine pruning
137 vine grape
131 grape vine picture
128 grape vine care
118 planting grape vine
111 grape vine photo
110 grape vine for sale
101 which has vine grape
94 grape vine disease
83 grape vine trellis
74 wild grape vine
72 grape vine plant
69 buy grape vine
66 grape vine drawing
61 grow grape vine
54 grape vine arbor
52 grape vine nursery
51 grape vine border
48 plant grape vine
47 transplanting grape vine
45 care of grape vine
44 grape vine growing
42 grape vine sale
41 vine wine grape
38 grape vine clip art
37 grape vine cutting
36 grape vine wreaths
35 i heard it through the grape vine
34 the grape vine
33 grape vine tree
31 grape vine pest
30 grape vine graphic
28 grape vine furniture
27 grape vine wine
26 grape vine planting

pavd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lol sorry that this is confusing. I was just using grape vine as an example of two words - u can use any two words for instance

cat fish - its just an example

lets say i do a search for

cat fish

and it comes up

cat and fish - as the number searched item rather than just cat fish

therefore would it be worth buying a domain thats called www.catandfish.com rather than www.catfish.com - remember im just using those words for examples of two words searched.

clear it up at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators