Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed GoldPrice.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well if the gold market crash today, the world markets would not skip a beat. But if the stock market crashed, the world markets would come to a stand still.

We are talking about just a name here, I like gold.com or GMP.com much better. And here is some thing to think about, if the markets all crashed and you had food to feed your family for 2 weeks. Would you trade your food for gold, I don't think so I know I would not. Now if you had food to trade, you could pretty much get anything else with it.

In todays world market, most gov'ts don't have gold to back up their money notes. And if the stock markets did crash, the world bank would deal with the money problem with some kind of notes. Gold is not going to save anyone, could you see people dealing in gold it not going to happen. They will need transporting of real goods, so top dog would be fuels and food as the price would skyrocket.

This is why gov'ts, have supplys of food and fuel on hand just incase. And yes the gold market goes flat for long times, we have seen that happen when the gold prices was way down. What good would gold be, if no one had any money to trade for it. Let say you had 1000 tons of gold, but I had 1000 gallions of oil and 1000 tons of food.

And every thing crashed, food and oil would be sold super fast at very high prices. The supplys would be sold most likely, before the gov't could even stop it. What good would your gold be then, now the food and oil would be worth way more to everyone. No one will care about gold, untill they got fuel and stuff to eat.

Domain summit 2024

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, this is great and full of different advices! And Giode it really makes sence what your saying and i do unerstand what you mean.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most gold sold today is gold coins, for the collector value I do believe.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Stuff, can you please explain why I 'am totally wrong'.

If the price of gold were stable then no one would bother looking it up even on a weekly/monthly basis, it is the fact of the commodities volatility (likelyhood of price fluctuation) that makes this internationally valued commodity something that will be looked up on the net occasionally from hour to hour by certain large scale investors as well as smaller investors.

The case for GoldPrice.com being valued high in comparrison to Gold.com is that the former is what investors would be looking for, Gold.com however can refer to everything from gold paint to jewellery to Olympic gold medals!

Tas, although it is true that gold coins are traded this in no way can be regarded as for their 'collectors value', rather the gold coin most traded is the 'gold kruggerrand' (this is a South African coin made from gold). It is traded freely in most parts of the world and most financial papers will carry the previous days price of the kruggerrand.

Most of the gold ever mined is actually held by governments to give a foundation to the value of their currency (the US federal reserve in New York and the world famous Fort Knox both hold an estimated 3% each of this figure).

Hope this helps clarify some points of misinterpretation and misunderstanding.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it would be nice from you to tell us some more info about this name, its revenue (or are afraid that it shows it does not have revenue?)

and how did you find/reg/buy it ?

I find so strange that last minute members come up with 6 figure offers...

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Stuff, can you please explain why I 'am totally wrong'.

If the price of gold were stable then no one would bother looking it up even on a weekly/monthly basis,.

well, that are people who don`t have a clue what gold costs.
Like me, I actually don´t know what the price is, I even don´t have a clue, I asked couple friends and they don´t know either. They even don´t dare to guess. - People like that want to know what is the price off gold.
Why do you think that people look it many times a day? what`s the point?

I have heard from news that the price has gone up and up for many years now. So it is very good investment. Price could fall if some scientist invents machine that makes gold in large scale.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
read again what you wrote and think. You are totally wrong IMO

Right, he is not at all correct.

The volatality and lots of the traffic is a direct result of elevated prices and media. Most of the people looking for gold prices do so because they are interested in trading gold in the futures markets and that is heavily related to the media coverage and high price levels.

Historically gold is one of the dullest and most boring markets to trade with very little public interest vs some other commodities which usually have more volatility and trading volume vs gold. Sometimes gold stays in a small low priced sideways trading range for many years with low trading volume. When that happens direct nav traffic to this domain would decline big time.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those who still question the volatility of gold then may I suggest a visit to the following site:

goldinfo.net

Here are charts and tables showing changes in gold prices both month-on-month and year-on-year.

Now back to the purpose of this thread, my own opinion remains as in my previous posts, especially post #53.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sell crazy price 93 overture score with extension i would value it more 25k than 125k but then if you dont need the cash who gives a toss,keep it forever !

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sell sell in a hurry for half that. it's that simple

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff, obviously we all now look forward to your esteemed and reasoned valuations on all our domains. :lol:

well I have seen your appraisals.... and ideas. They are not the brightest either. But you are not in my ignore list yet.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not disagree that people buy gold coins, for both the gold and collector value. But there are many coin collectors, nor am I saying the name is not a good one.

The poster wanted peoples thoughts on the name, and I posted my thoughts on it. And I would say to sell, all things being as they are in this world it's better to have 125k in your pocket. Then a guessed value of what a name, will be worth in 10 years from now. That is very risky if you ask me, and most others agree.

That being said, we don't know the whole story. Like getting offers is not the same as selling at that price, for all we know the one giving the offer read these posts. And have now changed their minds, or talked to others and changed their minds. Just like the poster is thinking about it, so is most likely the offerer thinking it over. The gold market is a risky one, I'm sure prices go up and down.

Most likely like the stock market, the big guys want to take off the top a lot. But there is no shortage of gold, it's runs more off of fear and what the old thinking use to be. It has worth but not like it use to, and for many years it was not a great investment for returns. Buying gold coins as part of your over all investing, has been some thing that people have always liked to do. It's the collector value, and it being gold help people feel safer buying coins.

There is a market out side of gold coins of course, but I would think it runs close to what the gold coin market is doing. It all comes down to, if the poster has the time and money to build a great site. As a name alone, is not going to insure it's worth as it's very risky at best. Take youtube look how a site turned that name, into a house hold word now if people want, to see videos people now search for youtube.

why123

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea, like some people said before, won't be better to take the money and invest it with something else rather than risking yourself, you won't know what happen in the future.

h3rm4w4n

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sell it and get new domain to sell again

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$125,000?! Take it and run to the bank laughing. 150 type-ins a day is not much and I doubt the revenue you make on that traffic is anything close to what would warrant that price for it. Good luck with the sale.

:lol: I would do exactly the same thing. Good luck with the sale.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
((( 150 type-ins a day is not much )))

You are right it is not much at all, the return rate means more they type ins really. Type ins can change at any time, returns mean they find some thing they wanted and come back for it.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to give you an update i got 2 Private Messages from this forum offering me they would beat the 125k price. And sorry i can't say how much www.goldprice.com is making a day but for sure is way over then whoever posted 30 dollars a day.

I just want opinions not offers..............wwwdotcom

So how much they offer you? I mean these two DNForum members? :)

If you are not happy with $125k offer, simply counter $200k or $300k

Good luck and See U on DNJ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators