Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is it just me or Sedo is paying really bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing a decrease in revenues from Sedo?

I have mostly european traffic?

Cheers

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Right now I'm experiencing a drop in EPC which brings revenue down. How much, it depends. But yes, this month so far is much lower than December.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The drop has been severe. The parking income is dropping by the day !

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From nickels to pennies?

If you're lucky. ;)

I use Parking as a paceholder until I can develop the doamins (or sell them). It's also a fair measure of natural traffic (backlinks, typeins, etc.). Parking companies have learned that they can keep more and more of the $$$ and still retail most of their customers - hence why people have been saying it's best to move to development over the past few years for the vast majority of names out there.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everywhere is paying really bad. All my accounts that pay per click (parking or otherwise) are going lower from what I see.

I also use Sedo parking sometimes after I get a domain, just park it to see what traffic it gets before doing something else with it.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was exceptionally poor . Sedo should explain !!

Last edited:

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking companies have learned that they can keep more and more of the $$$ and still retail most of their customers - hence why people have been saying it's best to move to development over the past few years for the vast majority of names out there.
Agreed. Although it is quite easy to develop, it is very hard / time consuming to do it properly. Mini pages are just garbage, and parking was a decent option to make some money until you develop a good site.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue went from an average of .20 - .30 RPC down to .05 RPC, within the last few days.
I had to jump ship, and go back to parked.com which isn't doing much better.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All parking revenues stink right now.

If you don't have a good portfolio and sell names regularly it will be tough sledding.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, sedo PPC sucks, just like there service (or lack thereof) in responding to these issues.

Beginning to wonder why even bother with these separate subformums if there continues to be missing in action respondents.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

As Confucius say;

Get thee to Bodis.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not surprising that service stinks on ppc, they make more money selling domains so that's where most of the concentration is going.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not surprising that service stinks on ppc, they make more money selling domains so that's where most of the concentration is going.

-=DCG=-
Okay, the get a commission selling domains. Granted.

But if they are paying out pennies per click and pocketing the dollars per click, I'd be willing to bet they are making more money on the PPC side of things. Consider the hundreds of thousands of clicks per day they register. If they pay out only a fraction (say 8 cents on the dollar) of hundreds of thousands of clicks, well...perhaps now you see where the real money is on a day in and day out basis. No one in that organization will reveal what the true payout is but I would be willing to bet it is in the 15-20% range (even that is probably too generous).

Lets say it is 13%. If their parking revenue generates 100,000 dollars per day and their payout is $13K, they are pocketing $83K per day. Very, very doubtful they take in that type of commission on sales day in and day out.

It is quite evident that they are not going to address the issues of parking revenue because they do not have to. When I see clicks a year ago that paid over a dollar per click day in and day out and now only pennies per click then that says it all.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Does anyone know if they are required to file an annual report? either in the US or in Germany?

Find that and you will see precisely that the issue is not only a lower PPC but a generous donation to their own pockets.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Have fun with this...
http://investing.businessweek.com/b...tocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=SDO:GR

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By reading your link to the BW data it seems who is getting most of the fat is the feed provider on the Top of the pyramid (Google).

Sedo numbers have been dropping in the years.

The NET INCOME column says it all.

P.S. beware of those saying they are not evil...

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has hit new lows ! My last month with them.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
OK,
Parking guys are all thieves. Nothing new.
Solution:

We need COOP PARKING SOLUTION.

What I suggest is that we organize a parking company that distributes 95% of it's revenue to coop owners. 95% is the magic number that REITs pay in order to avoid taxation.
No middlemen, no Monties, no Snapname crooks and other sh!t

:smilewinkgrin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Despair not, April started with unusually high PPC for me that have continued for the past 5 days. It's more proof that the "faucet" is being tweaked.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you aren't happy with your PPC results you can always sell your names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators