• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Less.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giode

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
This is my recent pick-up. I bought it because of it's commercial appeal. Would love to hear what you think about it.

Thanks!
 
I wanna kill you for getting this. I feel so envious... :(

60-90K
 
once again i will ask the same question

where do you people get these domains????

is their some particular place where you get hold of such cool names?

what did it cost you to buy less.com??


I am new so want to learn...PM / posts anything...please answer back
 
I think more.com is worth more than less.com, but less.com may be better for people who want to spend less to get more. (Nice pickup. For the right end-user: $75K+)
 
Four letters in "less," and four runs in a grand slam - that's what you've got here. Not only great for the "spend less" angle, but also great for the dieting and weight loss industry - less weight, less fat, less calories...I'm inclined to agree with high $xx,xxx, and would also suggest that spilling over into $xxx,xxx would also be possible for an end user - it certainly wouldn't exactly come as a surprise or anything if it happened and showed up on DNJ.
 
This is my recent pick-up. I bought it because of it's commercial appeal. Would love to hear what you think about it.

Thanks!

What do we think?

Enjoy your early retirement is all I can say.
 
Where it comes to Internet consumers, less is clearly more.

What a great platform for buying goods and services for less - you did very well. It seems like it should easily be a high $xx,xxx sale for a smart domainer, never mind the value to a smart VC or end business.

Also, keep in mind, shrewd .com and real world companies understand the value of partial name branding, for example, you should learn who holds coat.com!

Were you to develop it, what a great platform for tying both sub domains and those 2.0 names in a very logical way. Diamands.For.Less.Com is certainly more than del.icio.us ;)

-Commerce
 
Great domain to sell to some big retail company for an advertising campaign!
 
wow.....great name...commercial appeal, you think? I am going to ball park it around 24k

nice snap.
 
Great one! ~30k imo
 
I'm more on the higher end for this domain...no less than 100k end user.
 
Thanks all for your comments!

once again i will ask the same question

where do you people get these domains????

is their some particular place where you get hold of such cool names?

what did it cost you to buy less.com??


I am new so want to learn...PM / posts anything...please answer back

I'll pm you soon with some tips.

Where it comes to Internet consumers, less is clearly more.

What a great platform for buying goods and services for less - you did very well. It seems like it should easily be a high $xx,xxx sale for a smart domainer, never mind the value to a smart VC or end business.

Also, keep in mind, shrewd .com and real world companies understand the value of partial name branding, for example, you should learn who holds coat.com!

Were you to develop it, what a great platform for tying both sub domains and those 2.0 names in a very logical way. Diamands.For.Less.Com is certainly more than del.icio.us ;)

-Commerce

Thanks Commerce! I would say you pretty much nailed it as for the reason I purchased this name. I rarely buy domains with the thought of resell, even though that's exactly what happens sometimes. I buy purely based off of practical commercial usage. That's all I care about. I thought about the "discount" element of this name, and all the companies that use "less" in their title (which is quite high), and made the decision from there to buy.

To me, this domain seemed a lot like Half.com in terms of potential.
 
Nice buy, just out of curiosity how much did you snag this for? I'm also new and interesting in learning. PM me as well. Thanks
 
$50+ k. Nice pick up!!
 
Congrats Giode - a wonderful investment!
 
around $1xx,xxx - $2xx,xxx IMO
Please PM me your tips as well :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom