Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.Mobi is not a scam. The proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zoooooooooooooooooom in! Lets see how that works out!
My mobi's will look great on it imo! :)

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the new apple iphone browser shows normal sites as mini sites where the text can not be read so you have to zoom in. but mobi sites are normal. more good news? are you watching? :smilewinkgrin:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/osx.html

uh oh :rolleyes:

look at the url in that picture...it isn't a .mobi !!!

i think .mobi is kinda like "enron" stock. just a big junk bond waiting to hit the trash...

so do i sell my mobi names now or later?

i also have to agree with maroulis's point, if not for rick paying so much for flowers, then where would .mobi be?

glad some .mobi owners have made cash, but don't see this lasting too much longer, especially if iphones establishes dominance first in this market, all others will follow the leader.

a very risky tld for sure now imo

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will zooming in to every web-page you visit be a good consumer experience? I highly doubt it when many people with their phones will be on the go! As I say, is this good news? We shall have to wait and see, I have no more to say on this until I receive my iphone in the post.

Have a good night! :) :greensleep:

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will zooming in to every web-page you visit be a good consumer experience? I highly doubt it when many people with their phones will be on the go! As I say, is this good news? We shall have to wait and see, I have no more to say on this until I receive my iphone in the post.

Have a good night! :) :greensleep:

quite obviously from your posts you have no touch with reality let alone own a data enabled cellphone or blackberry of any sort... unless you have something intelligent to say I suggest you buy PUMPMOBIFORUM.mobi (or .com) and continue your quest there

On the bright side though, iPhone will be made available in Europe in Q407 so maybe this will save us between now and then (when you receive it LOL) your very insightful posts :)

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quite obviously from your posts you have no touch with reality let alone own a data enabled cellphone or blackberry of any sort... unless you have something intelligent to say I suggest you buy PUMPMOBIFORUM.mobi (or .com) and continue your quest there

On the bright side though, iPhone will be made available in Europe in Q407 so maybe this will save us between now and then (when you receive it LOL) your very insightful posts :)
I'm sorry, i thought we were talking about the new iphone, not the blackberry!

So answer the question, will zooming in to the new iphone on every web page be a good experience for the consumers?

:greensleep:

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, i thought we were talking about the new iphone, not the blackberry!

So answer the question, will zooming in to the new iphone on every web page be a good experience for the consumers?

:greensleep:

I'm not even going to bother explaining you this.... quite clearly you're ahead of the game so CONGRATS and sit on your .mobi

Before you go to bed don't forget to email to [email protected] and ask him what's with the consumer experience specifically the zoooooom in and zoooooom out :popcorn:

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not even going to bother explaining you this.... quite clearly you're ahead of the game so CONGRATS and sit on your .mobi

Before you go to bed don't forget to email to [email protected] and ask him what's with the consumer experience specifically the zoooooom in and zoooooom out :popcorn:

Will do, cos you sure aint providing me with any answers, only trying to bash me down! :lol:

Obviously zoooming in then zooming out will become the new fashion!

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used a few mobile browsers that have that zoom capability. I have to say that it is gets annoying after while. It shows full sites, but the text is so small that you need to be Superman to read it. The zooming gets old after a while. I think it's sort of cheap to call iDName "ignorant" for his post (although he seems slightly insane :)). Apple isn't the first to use this technology, and I highly doubt that .mobi is dead because you can zoom in on a web site on your phone. But regardless of what I say, those of you who act as if .mobi has ruined your life will use this as fire to call the extension dead. Knock yourself out I guess. It amazes me some of the people here get a kick out of shooting people down because they choose to reg in an extention that you happen to not like. Even some of the moderators are getting in on this. The truth as it currently stands, is that no one, not even some of the "geniuses" here, knows what is going to happen, no matter what side you're own. So for the love of god, lets quit bashing each other over this sh!t.

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a) I never said .mobi is a bad OR good investment
b) money trees exist for short period of time, get exploited by a few and the market self-corrects itself (do some reading on capitalism)
c) that's GREAT news you guys make money, let me re-iterate the more money you make and more money to go around for our industry....

if it wasn't for Rick you guys would be whining 24/7.... so give it a rest and DON'T misinterpret my posts ;)

I agree with you 100% , I frequently caution about valuation, and I admit I have been surprised by high sales too..but that doesnt mean its gonna stay this way...I frequently get called a mobi hater because I am cautious on the future outlook and always say that people should take their gains now..kind of reminds me of 2000 when people who were on CNBC saying that valuations are high got angry phone calls and emails..usually the first sign of an overheated market...

...but I am truly happy for all those guys here that make a good sale for good money I just think its a good idea to maybe not invest all of it in mobis new again...

cooldomain

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
cooldomain clearly you're not very well familiar with the industry at all. If I were you I'd sit back, relax and provide some meaningful debates with constructive points. Repeating the same things over and over you sound like RubberDuck..

nobody is BASHING .mobi, every domain investment is based on a degree of speculation. I bought a ton of LLL.CC and I lost money, I bought some LLL.US didn't make as much money as my NNNN.COM or other LN/LL or LLL.COM in the same timeframe.

.us was hot last summer when speculators and what I call price-fixers at another forum were asking $10K irrespective of .US domain. .info had its time shortly after when a few city.info domains changed hands and made DNJ. .mobi picked up like crazy after Rick's forum..

Do you make $$$$ - that's GREAT for you an all .mobi supporters, I don't personally care one way or another. Remember this industry is NOT regulated hence everything is VERY volatile and based on supply and demand. As long as .mobi make DNJournal every week you'll enjoy a prosperous 2007, but when sales stop then let's have another chat...

you guys need to take a break, becoming fanatical about sports, politics, religion or domains is the most absurd and stupid think *ever*!!! geez

OK, .US, .CC, and other some other extensions like .biz didn't justify themselves. Were they backed by as many giant firms as .mobi is? That is why I called this thread: ".Mobi is not a scam. The proof".

God exists. The proof

or - if you prefer Elvis - Elvis is alive. The proof

why is it important to prove these things? does proof really matter if you believe in God, Elvis or .mobi? just wondering...

I don't "believe" in .mobi, I just see it coming.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is why I haven't invested much in .mobi:

"Samsung, a leading provider and innovator of mobile phones, and Yahoo, have announced a strategic global partnership to distribute Yahoo's popular services on millions of new Samsung mobile phones in more than 60 countries.

Samsung will pre-load Yahoo services, including Yahoo Go for Mobile 2.0, Yahoo oneSearch, Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger, on its mobile phones beginning in the first half of 2007. This new relationship is the latest demonstration of the companies' clear focus on extending their leadership in the mobile Internet."

Sounds great doesn't it? Until you see the domain they are going to use... "Samsung mobile phones with Yahoo services will be available to consumers through both mobile operators and direct distribution channels. Consumers around the world can download and use the beta version of Yahoo! Go 2.0 on select Samsung mobile phones beginning today by visiting http://go.yahoo.com."

Read More About Yahoo! Go 2.0

When the largest players don't use .mobi it certainly says something to me.

.mobi is only going to survive with heavy development by those now holding those domains. Those thinking or worse banking on the large tech companies to implement and push along .mobi could be in for a rude surprise.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just as we could say "Those banking against .mobi could be in for a rude surprise." You know just about as much as we do. Apparently no one listened to my last post, and this is going to continue. I do agree with you whitebark, when you say that those holding .mobi domains need to develop. I think its important to anyone holding these domains, and wants this thing to succeed, to develop. Ignore the critics, because it will only work if you work at it. Outside of a few select names, I don't think this is the type of domain that you can just park and expect a 5-figure surprise. So develop your domains and market them, and don't get swayed by naysayers, because they're not going anywhere.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The following brilliant post authored by Jeremy Padawer was extracted from another forum. Showcased below is Mr. Padawer's commentary which also reflects my .mobi philosophy:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today we witnessed the birth of .MOBI.

The Iphone represents the single biggest positive SPARK in .MOBI news since the landrush.

My MOBI is the next ORG philosophy and prediction is going to occur faster than I ever imagined. My 5 year timeline is now 2 years.

WHAT MOBI ISN'T:
- MOBI is not a technological breakthrough.
- MOBI is not a solution to easily surfing the mobile web.
- MOBI is not the birth of the mobile web.

WHAT MOBI IS:
- MOBI is an outstanding global alternate to COM in the mobile space.
- MOBI has some level of awareness.
- MOBI will be utilized to develop cool websites for mobile surfers.
- MOBI is... the next ORG. Just as I predicted.

WHY IS IPHONE THE BIRTH OF MOBI?
Simple. Iphone will stimulate legitimate web development for the phone. As the development occurs, there will be little sparks of MOBI usage... both from people putting up personal sites with a memorable URL (www.eric.mobi - versus - www.ericjohntowskijr.com) as well as startups who are bootstrapped to pay for a great COM name.

IF you are watching for big relationship announcements from major companies regarding MOBI touting the technological benefits of MOBI, keep waiting.

IF you are waiting to hear about the birth of the mobile web, where MOBI will be a tremendous alternative to COM, then today is historic.

We have just witnessed something spectacular...

The birth of the mobile web.

The birth of MOBI.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Padawer

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a) I never said .mobi is a bad OR good investment

Maroulis:

You are the "C.Y.A. King" sitting on your pedestal built upon weak patronization & ignorance.

You are not a risk taker, just a flame thrower.

You are one of those cautious, myopic, "sideline" boys.

That's fine. Enjoy your bath in the sea of ignorance.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maroulis:

You are the "C.Y.A. King" sitting on your pedestal built upon weak patronization & ignorance.

You are not a risk taker, just a flame thrower.

You are one of those cautious, myopic, "sideline" boys.

That's fine. Enjoy your bath in the sea of ignorance.

Actually you'll see I didn't start flaming until your fanboys started making clueless comments. I tried more than once in this very thread to give you an OBJECTIVE view of the facts around .mobi..

The fact you continue to post BS like BIRTH OF MOBI only shows your agenda ;)

PS thanks for summarizing me into something I'm clearly not.. Maybe you guys need to go outside airports and start handing leaflets about .mobi domains

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't flame all of us just because you're arguing with one of us. If you read my comment above I said that neither side knows whats going to happen, which is the truth and not a "clueless" comment. Call me a "fanboy" if you want, all I've done is state my opinions on the subject, and I don't feel that I deserved be trashed for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators