Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker Support Down the Tubes?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a pretty big fan of Moniker and the services they provide always saying nice things about them and helping other members on this forum who have questions, but I have to say support has gone down the last couple of months. I decided I would give them time to answer an email I sent on the 4th of May and I have yet to receive a response. It has been 5 DAYS people.

This is not the first time I have had the issue where I needed to send multiple emails requesting the same information.

What's going on Moniker?

Domain Summit 2024

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
understaffed?
I noticed something similar. Their responses are not as fast as before.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but even so I used to work in a Call Center where I was a supervisor who answered phones, answered emails, and support tickets without any problems. Let alone responses took no longer than 24 hours for any of us to return an email and I can insure the company was larger than Moniker or any of their other sister sites combined. I don't think it is staffing issues. I think it is management issues.

I know when myself or other managers were not around mysteriously emails were deleted, went unanswered, and so on, during our absense. I hope this is not the case here.

I am not sure what it is.

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why I think they may be overloaded:
The quality of the responses itself too.
It's like "yes", "received", "no way, can't" now and from the same person it was much more information before.
I think if there are hundreds of emails in my mailbox and I have one day to respond to all of them - it would be similar.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if there are hundreds of emails in my mailbox and I have one day to respond to all of them - it would be similar.

Usually management sets the standards for the representatives to respond. With us we were not allow to do that; however, we had a few different templates or stationery files to use for the more common responses. These we did first then we moved to the more difficult ones.

With the types of questions I ask, and I am sure the majority of domain users ask the same thing, there isn't much research or work involved. A few things to check on and a reply should be sent. A few hundred emails is what a rep should get thru on their normal work day. If emails are overloaded it is up to management to step in and assist or hire more help.

Like I mentioned before, I am not "complaining" about the issue, just wanted to voice my concern and see what actually is going on.

DNCatalog.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing. I sent several emails that went unanswered. I eventually sent an email to Monte and someone took care of the problem. I hate to bother Monte with something like that, but I was not seeing results after more than a week. I still think they are a good company, but their customer service does not seem to be as great as it once was.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already complained about this last month.
Monte said to not desesperate, they are working on it.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also wrote an email to the support like 5 days ago. no reply as of yet.
looks like something serious is going wrong on their end

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These threads are becoming commonplace. Moniker is branching into everything. I believe I saw Monte on a Domainamatic slice and dicer infomercial last night. :)

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their email can be temperamental, that's all. Sometimes they just don't get the message. :)

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is probably victim of his success.
They grew too quickly and did not recruit the needed staff.

On my hand I am not against pay a sort of monthly fee to can get preferential support.
The type of service where you pay x USD / month but you have the guarantee to get a response within the next hour, and this 24/7.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure having to pay for a service like this will help.. Surely the fact that you all continue to register, park and sell is payment enough.

Lets not forget who is the customer and who is the supplier.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to pay them to answer our mail? No sir, that is not going to happen. As namestrands said, whoever uses their paid services is entitled to FREE support and moniker is obligated to provide it. I hope moniker does not take us for granted, after all, we are the hand that feeds them

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I email my account rep if I don't get a reply in 24 hours.

That gets a response within 24-48 hours.

I think they are going through growing pains (again or are continuing previous pains) and with monthly back to back auctions they should have better prepared.

I'm not making excuses for them. General Support should have a reply with 24 hrs IMO.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I email my account rep if I don't get a reply in 24 hours.

That gets a response within 24-48 hours.

I think they are going through growing pains (again or are continuing previous pains) and with monthly back to back auctions they should have better prepared.

I'm not making excuses for them. General Support should have a reply with 24 hrs IMO.

It would be helpful if it was my case, but my account rep doesn't even reply to email's. I have to send them to the general support email. To save some time I do not even send an email to my rep anymore.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be helpful if it was my case, but my account rep doesn't even reply to email's. I have to send them to the general support email. To save some time I do not even send an email to my rep anymore.

I always cc: Monte when I email my a/c rep, this usually does the trick ;)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A ticketing system would do nicely.

There was a thread that Cybertonic started, where Moniker stated they have a ticketing system, but stopped short of saying when it would go live, that was about weeks ago.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I remember his thread. I still have not heard back from support regarding my previous email or one i sent earlier today requesting a transfer in. Not only can I not get a question answered but I can not give them money for a transfer. Geeez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom