Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ALL of my names have now reset to renew at expiration.....this is really pissing me off now.

...on hold for support....this shouldn't take long:rolleyes::D

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....just spoke to Moniker support.....got someone that really busted their butt to help out.:)

....To remove credit card go to Payment Options and choose Bank transfer ...that has removed my CC as a payment option. ;)

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's incredible that they are not updating customers with at least a daily status update on their site, as well as facebook and twitter accounts. Their last communication was on June 2.
Way to destroy your reputation Moniker!

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Found a new registrar and started transferring out my domains yesterday. To be fair, I can report that Moniker's system has been working fine for me during the past two days. I was able to change domain lock settings and I received auth codes in time. All jobs were completed within seconds instead of hours. Requesting auth codes in bulk has not been implemented yet, so transferring out a portfolio will still take a while. The system was clearly not built for domainers but for owners of small portfolios.

The parent company's DD24 is a good registrar. I will keep my .DE domain portfolio there. Makes it hard for me to comprehend how the very same system does not function properly at Moniker.com. I wish them all the best for the future.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have the transfers worked for you dodo1?
I have unlocked a name and received my auth code. However, it shows as unlocked in my account but whois still shows:
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited

So I don't want to start a transfer and have to cancel it because it isn't really unlocked.

Found a new registrar and started transferring out my domains yesterday.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks....I will give it a shot and see what happens :eek: :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you get auth codes? I'm able to unlock now but need auth codes.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Click on the name in your control panel....then you have to check "Advanced Settings" at the top and it will then give you the "Request Authcode via Email" tab halfway down the page..

How do you get auth codes? I'm able to unlock now but need auth codes.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did that. I think my portfolio maxlock isn't letting it work. There are pending jobs which do ask for my additional security questions but it doesn't work. Unsure if that's because the whole portfolio maxlock system is bugged and not working or what. One thing I do know. I'm gone. They've lost me forever. You never ever ever place customers that value security in this position.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did anyone figure out where to go to add extras like url forwarding, email forwarding, etc.? cannot find this anywhere.

and what ever happened to their sub product menu? used to tell me what sub-products were about to expire, it is nowhere now.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't renew any of my domains. This really sucks.

Edit: What the heck? They declined my payment but will continue to attempt to bill my card over the next 24 hours? Got to call my cc company to block that from happening.

There is no customer service to contact. Moniker is totally worthless. AVOID this registrar!

UPDATE: Moniker is currently attempting to charge my credit card every 5 minutes and my inbox is filling up with failure notices. I can't even figure out which cc they are attempting to charge as they don't list the last 4 cc digits anywhere in the invoice.

This is a real nightmare. These clowns need to be sued finally, it's long over due. This crap has been going on for years (glitches + no customer support at all). If I lose a single domain over their new BROKEN interface I'm going to contact a lawyer.

UPDATE 2: Sending in a complaint to ICANN. Everyone who is having problems with them should do the same.

Last edited:

peterjai

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just found that all my domains whois showing "Bonnie Wittenburg" as domain owner, and my email address is not listed in the whois, I just want to transfer all the domains out to another registrar now, but how can I receive the email address if I am not listed as the owner?

And I heard that if I changed the whois info like name or email address, I may need to wait 2 months for the transfer, is that right?

Please help me !!!!!!!!

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just found that all my domains whois showing "Bonnie Wittenburg" as domain owner
The Moniker CEO as your domains registrant, that looks like testing code has made it to the live site. Very unprofessional.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone push a domain from Moniker recently?
I sold one on Sedo and keep getting error "Push failed. Please try again later" when i try to push to Sedo account.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom