Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone push a domain from Moniker recently?
I sold one on Sedo and keep getting error "Push failed. Please try again later" when i try to push to Sedo account.

Yes - I also got that error message on a recent push on a domain sale however I think that error message is an error. Likely you now have that house with the red arrow next to your domain name you are trying to push? If so - Sedo's account should have your domain listed with a house & green arrow for them to accept the push. I liked the old system where it listed the name of the person/company in the account you were trying to push it into. Anyway - my push was successful even though the error message was shown.

I was nervous as hell doing a domain push with Moniker now for obvious reasons.

By the way - Moniker still owes me money & has failed to respond to support requests.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those are not extras anymore. URL/email forwarding come with all domain registrations. All you have to do is click on the domain to change the settings.
can someone tell me how to add these free extras then? there is not an option to do that. only privacy for 4 dollars but no other extras are shown.
domain lock and portfolio lock features are there to be added too but no other sub-products are shown free or not.-

- i tried advanced settings after clicking on the domain and even checked the whois option and that screen was displayed but no other extras are available.

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone get refunds yet for domains that were set not to renew?

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me how to add these free extras then? there is not an option to do that. only privacy for 4 dollars but no other extras are shown.
domain lock and portfolio lock features are there to be added too but no other sub-products are shown free or not.-

- i tried advanced settings after clicking on the domain and even checked the whois option and that screen was displayed but no other extras are available.
URL forwarding: Click on the domain >> DNS settings. For the catchall subdomain enable advanced settings and activate the * subdomain by checking the box.
Email forwarding can be found on the same page.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start moving all domains out. 2 other people that I referred to Moniker will also be leaving. Say goodbye to 3 loyal customers Moniker, your reward for treating us so poorly over the years with terrible customer service.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you dodo1. will try that.

moniker's new ceo sent a mass mailing to all customers but none of them will come here and face the affected customers.
-martij used to do that- answer questions and take responsibility. have not seer any posts from them recently.

xrvel

Hi there !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think i will move out from moniker. What do you think about name.com? Are they robust enough like the old moniker?
I've used name.com, godaddy, namecheap. Im still thinking name.com as best choice from those 3.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
name and enom are now under the same ownership. have not used name much, enom somewhat. dynadot may be a good option as well.

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm now trying to get Auth codes for some domains that I got from Snapnames that used to be on Moniker and that they decided to move to Network Solutions.
I've requested the code twice and they've sent me two emails with no Auth codes.
Network solutions and Moniker seem to be made for each other.

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start moving all domains out. 2 other people that I referred to Moniker will also be leaving. Say goodbye to 3 loyal customers Moniker, your reward for treating us so poorly over the years with terrible customer service.

Hey Seraphim. Do you know how to bulk export auth codes with the new Moniker interface?

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm now trying to get Auth codes for some domains that I got from Snapnames that used to be on Moniker and that they decided to move to Network Solutions.
I've requested the code twice and they've sent me two emails with no Auth codes.
Exact same thing happened to me. NetSol even tried to convince me that the domain was not held with them, although it was right there in my account. As it turned out, the problem was with the 60-day lockup period, which was not over yet. (You cannot transfer domains out during the first 60 days after it changes ownership.) NetSol's system has no checks in place for when you request auth codes. They just send the email even though the domain may not be ready to be transferred out and the EPP code may be missing. They don't care. You have to make an effort and call support to find out.

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me. NetSol even tried to convince me that the domain was not held with them, although it was right there in my account. As it turned out, the problem was with the 60-day lockup period, which was not over yet. (You cannot transfer domains out during the first 60 days after it changes ownership.) NetSol's system has no checks in place for when you request auth codes. They just send the email even though the domain may not be ready to be transferred out and the EPP code may be missing. They don't care. You have to make an effort and call support to find out.

Does the fact that they moved the domain to NetSol reset the 60 day lockup period? This domain was picked up on a Snapnames drop back in March , so the 60 days are over.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Seraphim. Do you know how to bulk export auth codes with the new Moniker interface?

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get a handle on it myself. Will definitely post the info once I successfully figure it out.

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No - But I have wasted endless time on phone support, got the runaround with email support & also have a #FAIL with the support system within our accounts.

Thanks, so I'm still not the only one wasting tons of time on the phone trying to get a refund. I'd like to do chargebacks, but I'm afraid cause I had other companies lock down my account because I did chargebacks even though it was their own billing errors.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of screwed up interfaces over the years but never expected Moniker to adopt a system like this one. Seriously, completely confusing and horrible. They need to press the big red button and roll back the clocks to pre-disaster. I really hope they have backups of the old system and interface because there is noway this one is gonna cut it even if they do fix the bugs and obvious poor planning it just does not suit the needs I have. The old Moniker system was great, my favorite, and the only reason I kept doing business there after Monte left. Now Godaddy might actually have the best interface but it's still terrible for bulk actions which is where Moniker previously excelled. I'm really disappointed Moniker, and I want my $1 privacy back also!

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of screwed up interfaces over the years but never expected Moniker to adopt a system like this one. Seriously, completely confusing and horrible. They need to press the big red button and roll back the clocks to pre-disaster. I really hope they have backups of the old system and interface because there is noway this one is gonna cut it even if they do fix the bugs and obvious poor planning it just does not suit the needs I have. The old Moniker system was great, my favorite, and the only reason I kept doing business there after Monte left. Now Godaddy might actually have the best interface but it's still terrible for bulk actions which is where Moniker previously excelled. I'm really disappointed Moniker, and I want my $1 privacy back also!
yes -yes - and -yes focus lol. terrible ui as far as looks go and performance is bad. many failed actions when you request something done. only options customers are given make no sense most times. interface is convoluted like no other. they were my main registrar but i decided to start moving my names out some time ago. still have quite a few left with them.

hope they have backup of the old moniker and we can see past history at some point even if they leave it like this. disagree the old moniker was great tho lol but some may have liked it more than i did. many found it the best for security for quite some time but not much else. never did much bulk action with them but they may have been good at that :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom