Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Please Beware of MikeK ~ DesignerFreaks.com ~ Inlip Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread refers to the user MikeK, Michael Kane from DesignerFreaks.com / Inlip Designs ~ accepts paypal payments from the email account: [email protected]

Just as a note, I would appreciate if the other threads about MikeK were reopened and are visible/findable in the search, as it is pretty obvious the type of personal we are dealing with now.

Yeap, pretty ironic how I was defending him no more than a couple weeks ago and now this. I paid him on the 12th, in full, to do a flash intro. He originally told me it would be a day or two to get it done. Great, No problem.

On the second day he told me he needed another day, that's okay, no biggie.

Then next day he told me he needed a couple more days as he was "rendering" something and he needed a bit more time. That's fine, do a good job.

I didn't message him again til Saturday night just to give him the full amount of time he needed and when I did, he told me he was putting finishing touches on the work and I would have it in my inbox by morning. Well, the morning came, so did the after noon and the evening and still nothing. I get ahold of him Sunday night and he tells me he is emailing me over the files. I say fine, go to sleep. When I get up today, I check, nothing is there.

I have tried pming him, emailing him, calling him, texting him with no response.

Not only do I feel like a asshole for defending him against DomainFatigue [sent you a apology, btw, I now see what you were dealing with, truly am sorry], but because I paid him in advance as I thought he had just the slightest bit of respect here being a Verified, Exclusive member with feedback.

Now, I know he is going to come in here when he can scrape back my money or actually finish the project I paid him for and try to make me look like the idiot here, as he did to DomainFatigue, but I am convinced he is just a plain ol' liar and schemer and SHOULD NOT be trusted.

Btw, I just checked and the paypal he is using is registered to a Cathy Cooper, the email address is [email protected] ~ so obviously he is either underaged using Mommy's account or his own Paypal account has been suspended.

Also, I can't do a dispute as I was being a nice guy and sent as a gift so he wouldn't incur any fee's.

The amount is only $100.00, but just imagine, if he is willing to ruin his reputation for $100, what makes you think he will not rip you off for a lot more?

I have to pay a client back at of my own pocket now, which is fine, that is the risk I took with this kid, but the worst part of the situation is the time lost dealing with a very unprofessional, immature, child.

Could of let my ego get in the way and not post this, but definitely isn't right. I want everyone to be aware of the type of personal Michael Kane is and I would like to again, apologize to DomainFatigue for taking MikeK's side instead of him.

-Mike C.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I think I'm in the same boat as you..and I also owe DomainFatigue a huge apology.
I fully defended MikeK a few weeks back because I sincerely believed he was invested in his work. He has told me at least a dozen times (I am not exaggerating) that the work will be done "today" or "tonight" but days, weeks, and then months passed without anything new.

I requested my refund ($400) and was promised to receive it by today's afternoon - that never happened.

My biggest loss was that the project I had in mind was to be finished by December, so I could upload all the content in December and fully start working on it.

I have a lot more info on Mike Kane (I'm no longer positive it's his real name), but I will upload that at a later time.

Carl - I sincerely apologize for not believing you. You were right from the beginning.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread refers to the user MikeK, Michael Kane from DesignerFreaks.com / Inlip Designs ~ accepts paypal payments from the email account: [email protected]

Just as a note, I would appreciate if the other threads about MikeK were reopened and are visible/findable in the search, as it is pretty obvious the type of personal we are dealing with now.

Yeap, pretty ironic how I was defending him no more than a couple weeks ago and now this. I paid him on the 12th, in full, to do a flash intro. He originally told me it would be a day or two to get it done. Great, No problem.

On the second day he told me he needed another day, that's okay, no biggie.

Then next day he told me he needed a couple more days as he was "rendering" something and he needed a bit more time. That's fine, do a good job.

I didn't message him again til Saturday night just to give him the full amount of time he needed and when I did, he told me he was putting finishing touches on the work and I would have it in my inbox by morning. Well, the morning came, so did the after noon and the evening and still nothing. I get ahold of him Sunday night and he tells me he is emailing me over the files. I say fine, go to sleep. When I get up today, I check, nothing is there.

I have tried pming him, emailing him, calling him, texting him with no response.

Not only do I feel like a asshole for defending him against DomainFatigue [sent you a apology, btw, I now see what you were dealing with, truly am sorry], but because I paid him in advance as I thought he had just the slightest bit of respect here being a Verified, Exclusive member with feedback.

Now, I know he is going to come in here when he can scrape back my money or actually finish the project I paid him for and try to make me look like the idiot here, as he did to DomainFatigue, but I am convinced he is just a plain ol' liar and schemer and SHOULD NOT be trusted.

Btw, I just checked and the paypal he is using is registered to a Cathy Cooper, the email address is [email protected] ~ so obviously he is either underaged using Mommy's account or his own Paypal account has been suspended.

Also, I can't do a dispute as I was being a nice guy and sent as a gift so he wouldn't incur any fee's.

The amount is only $100.00, but just imagine, if he is willing to ruin his reputation for $100, what makes you think he will not rip you off for a lot more?

I have to pay a client back at of my own pocket now, which is fine, that is the risk I took with this kid, but the worst part of the situation is the time lost dealing with a very unprofessional, immature, child.

Could of let my ego get in the way and not post this, but definitely isn't right. I want everyone to be aware of the type of personal Michael Kane is and I would like to again, apologize to DomainFatigue for taking MikeK's side instead of him.

-Mike C.

Mike C., not a problem my friend. Thank you.

MikeK was very good at playing the game. I investigated fraud for over 10 years full time for NYS and an insurance company while working my way through undergraduate and graduate programs so I guess I am somewhat accustomed to the warning signs.

I sincerely hope it all works out for you.

What is most disturbing to me, and I will probably get slammed for writing this, is the way Johnn, the DNF Mod, kept moving and hiding the threads involving MikeK. Just a day or two back, he did it again after my last thread was locked.

Fortunately, the rest of the crew here is at the top of their game. The Admin, Chuck, is an obvious person of integrity, and quickly put it back.

Mike,

I think I'm in the same boat as you..and I also owe DomainFatigue a huge apology.
I fully defended MikeK a few weeks back because I sincerely believed he was invested in his work. He has told me at least a dozen times (I am not exaggerating) that the work will be done "today" or "tonight" but days, weeks, and then months passed without anything new.

I requested my refund ($400) and was promised to receive it by today's afternoon - that never happened.

My biggest loss was that the project I had in mind was to be finished by December, so I could upload all the content in December and fully start working on it.

I have a lot more info on Mike Kane (I'm no longer positive it's his real name), but I will upload that at a later time.

Carl - I sincerely apologize for not believing you. You were right from the beginning.

Thank you Sir. I'm just mad that MikeK did this to so many people.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Credit, sorry to hear that man! This guy really got off on us, what a piece of work.

Considering he is verified, the admins should give up his contact information so we can contact his local authorities. Isn't this considered a fellony considering the total amount is equal to or over $500?

What is most disturbing to me, and I will probably get slammed for writing this, is the way Johnn, the DNF Mod, kept moving and hiding the threads involving MikeK. Just a day or two back, he did it again after my last thread was locked.

Fortunately, the rest of the crew here is at the top of their game. The Admin, Chuck, is an obvious person of integrity, and quickly put it back.

Thank you for accepting my apology.

As for this thread disappearing. If it does, no matter the outcome, I will be gone. I know I am not much of a "player" here, no one will miss me, but I will not care to be part of a site who is going to censor out who the scammers are. This is a community and everyone is suppose to help protect each other from people like this.

-Mike C.

MikeK, since I know see you are watching this thread, how convenient that you always show up on the most appropriate times... Just take this as a note that I am taking you off my buddy list and I hope you get a virus, you and your computer!

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm really no scammer. Why would i even work on any of the projects if i was planning on scamming people. With carl, i completed 2 of the sites, went on to completing the third and just left out some photos.

With credit, Ive designed 2 of his sites in the past though they were free but it was a gesture of good faith, even shared some of my seo tools with etc, reallynot the sort to bother scamming for such a price.

And with MikeC (zurc), i provided you with updates as to the progress and you saw i was working on it as required....

I'm totally at fault for the delays, I get that, I took on too many projects at first, got swamped then one thing led to another and my personal issues (which i have no right to even go into) also caused matters worse.

Zurc and Credit, I'll issue you both refunds as I did Carl, I'm not someone who would go and 'steal' someones money, really. I wont even defend the delays etc, I'm at wrong there.

I apologize and will be issuing you both full refunds as soon as possible, will be in touch.

~PS. sorry for not having been on past day or so on here a lot, again, not avoiding anyone else id not show up when all this is going on, go and bury my head in the sand were wi a scammer or something. Really, not the way it is. Just been swamped and again apologize for the insane delay. Refunds will be issued as promised.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm really no scammer. Why would i even work on any of the projects if i was planning on scamming people. With carl, i completed 2 of the sites, went on to completing the third and just left out some photos.

With credit, Ive designed 2 of his sites in the past though they were free but it was a gesture of good faith, even shared some of my seo tools with etc, reallynot the sort to bother scamming for such a price.

And with MikeC (zurc), i provided you with updates as to the progress and you saw i was working on it as required....

I'm totally at fault for the delays, I get that, I took on too many projects at first, got swamped then one thing led to another and my personal issues (which i have no right to even go into) also caused matters worse.

Zurc and Credit, I'll issue you both refunds as I did Carl, I'm not someone who would go and 'steal' someones money, really. I wont even defend the delays etc, I'm at wrong there.

I apologize and will be issuing you both full refunds as soon as possible, will be in touch.

I want a credit right now. I am not going to sit here and wait as I did for the files everyday when you kept lying to me. I also find it funny that you only show up when a thread is started about you. You are truly a piece of work.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mike,

The first site you designed for me was free because of a promotion, the second small site, I paid you for. Then I paid you for the third site. All that was 2 and a half months ago. I don't know how you can any longer justify anything because I lost my trust in you.

Stop wasting my time and refund my money.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

~PS. sorry for not having been on past day or so on here a lot, again, not avoiding anyone else id not show up when all this is going on, go and bury my head in the sand were wi a scammer or something. Really, not the way it is. Just been swamped and again apologize for the insane delay. Refunds will be issued as promised.

You were kicked off of n*mepros for selling a stolen template. There are similar threads on Google involving your other user name MikeKK and allegations of fraud. You lost your PayPal account likely for the same. How dare you abuse your trust on these forums. You have no credibility. Stop the excuses. What is it crack, meth, or?

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You provided me updates? thats a joke... You gave me ONE update of a FRACTION of the work. Just stop your lying, issue me the refund and enjoy your new reputation.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Credit, you're right, i forgot one of the 2 sites i completed was paid for and the second site you paid for (larger) wasnt, but you're also right, i wasn't trying to justify anything as I fully admit im in the wrong in terms of the delay.

I want a credit right now. I am not going to sit here and wait as I did for the files everyday when you kept lying to me. I also find it funny that you only show up when a thread is started about you. You are truly a piece of work.

Right I understand how it must look, but it's not like im sitting around 24/7 lurking waiting for someone to post a thread about me, i was obviously contacted by someone who noticed the thread as has happened in the past.

Regardless I will issue you both refunds and contact you asap.
Sorry again for the turn of events.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Credit, you're right, i forgot one of the 2 sites i completed was paid for and the second site you paid for (larger) wasnt, but you're also right, i wasn't trying to justify anything as I fully admit im in the wrong in terms of the delay.

Right I understand how it must look, but it's not like im sitting around 24/7 lurking waiting for someone to post a thread about me, i was obviously contacted by someone who noticed the thread as has happened in the past.

Regardless I will issue you both refunds and contact you asap.
Sorry again for the turn of events.

ASAP would be right now... Either issue it or I am going to request that you be banned from yet another forum. This civil bullshit spewing from your mouth isn't going to save you this time. Did you already blow our money?

Don't give us this shit about you contacting us when you make the refund when you can, you are on the internet now, why wait?

PATHETIC...

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He made me wait - what was it 11 days - for a refund from some Jared fellow I don't even know, after promising it ASAP here on DNF.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No one is going to wait 11 days.

Zurc, Credit, if your refunds are not made by tomorrow night feel free to request that I be banned, I wont even dispute it. This is me publicly stating it so you guys don't think im avoiding paying you etc.

Again, I'm sorry for the way this turned out and more so for not having been able to deliver your projects in a timely fashion..

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Zurc, Credit, if your refunds are not made by tomorrow night feel free to request that I be banned, I wont even dispute it. This is me publicly stating it so you guys don't think im avoiding paying you etc.

Again, I'm sorry for the way this turned out and more so for not having been able to deliver your projects in a timely fashion..

Why do we have to wait? You are honestly a joke dude. I request that his information be made public. This type of person should not be able to continue proceeding with this type of business.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Isn't this what you told me yesterday?

I don't see the problem with you refunding the money right now. It's only $500 for both me and Mike C. - I don't know why this needs to be held up any longer.

I request that MikeK is not banned, at least for now, so he can answer some questions.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mike I understand your frustration, I really do. There's nothing I can do right now but as I noted above I will be sending you both full refunds by tomorrow evening. I am not going anywhere and I'm not delaying anything intentionally. Feel free to do as you please if you both dont have your refunds by then. I understand this could be considered unprofessional and i do apologize for the inconvenience.

Credit, I have to consult with someone regarding the refunds, it's now past 9PM so it will have to wait to tomorrow. When im back from work I'll be issuing you both the refunds as noted above.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike I understand your frustration, I really do. There's nothing I can do right now but as I noted above I will be sending you both full refunds by tomorrow evening. I am not going anywhere and I'm not delaying anything intentionally. Feel free to do as you please if you both dont have your refunds by then. I understand this could be considered unprofessional and i do apologize for the inconvenience.

WHY? Answer that question.

Don't be such a punk and at least answer that question...

Consult with someone to issue a refund? Are you kidding me, you WRONGLY held our money without completing the work. Issue the ****ing refund and move on with your life already, no matter how pathetic it might be.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why do we have to wait? You are honestly a joke dude. I request that his information be made public. This type of person should not be able to continue proceeding with this type of business.

Agreed. He is a verified member. All MikeK's details should be made public.

Moreover, DCG needs to investigate the connection between MikeK and Johnn, the DNF moderator, who helped facilitate this. Was he deceived too or did he knowingly play a part in what occurred?

The only thing that is keeping me at present from releasing the full name and info for Jared, who paid me back the $400 MikeK stole, is the possibility he is not involved...

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys please take it easy, I understand that you zurc, and credit as well as carl i suppose have every right to be mad about the unfinished work and delays, but i'm not in any way a scammer or trying to dupe anyone like that.

Without going into detail or going on with this thread as has happened in the past I kindly ask you, Zurc, and you Credit, to just wait till tomorrow evening for the refunds. If the refunds are not made as promised then feel free to go on and act accordingly.

Credit, no, Jared is an individual who works with me and in his comment in the paypal payment i believe noted that the payment he was making was on my behalf for photos Carl paid for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom