Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Please Beware of MikeK ~ DesignerFreaks.com ~ Inlip Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This has spiraled into what I hoped it wouldn't.

It's fine, Zurc and Credit will get their refunds today, I can't stress enough that this is not some huge clever scam or what have you.

Carl, Jared emailed you what he did because he was totally caught off guard with allegations and his email showing up in this thread. I believe Jared emailed you back the following
"Listen, it's $400. I'm willing to forfeit this dispute if I need to. I thought I was being ****ed by you and others out of this payment so I canceled it, that's all there is to it."

He was simply confused as to what was going on and he's aware he was refunding you the $400 on my behalf for the photographs.

Everyone here emailing people back and forth and going on about it when i clearly stated a refund would be made within 24hours is a bit over the top but I do understand where everyone is coming from and how this might look. Again, it's just a set of misunderstandings and I plan to pan everyone of them out once the refunds are made so that we can discuss anything that needs discussing on level grounds.

I apologize for the way these situations were handled and hope that im given time to refund the money and answer any questions so that this issue is fully resolved and any misunderstandings cleared.

PS. Cathy is not an alleged accomplice and saying things like that is a bit much. her involvement in this is in no way related to my taking on of these projects etc, same with Jared. Also, no, I do not have multiple accounts on this forum, and i'm certain that mods/admins could look into that.

Last edited:

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike's done some great graphics work for me, here's typical PM from him

[Scrap the $20 payment, the logo didnt even take me 3minutes to make

Doesn't sound like a scammer to me. Usually the job's complete a couple hours after I PM the request, and I pay after the work is done, in fact I still owe him for a job. :eek:k:

Nearly all graphic artists I hire can take weeks to do a job, when you can get hold of them.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I really am no scammer guys, Im honestly embarrassed and sorry for the turn of events and I completely take responsibility for the delays etc. As I mentioned before refunds will be made tonight and again sorry for the delays on those.

I'm in no way shape or form trying to take anyone for a ride. I understand how some of you guys are upset but please give me till the refund is made and I will go onto making it up any way I can. I also understand it's not just about the $ for you guys, zurc you had to hear an ear full from your client and Alex, you're still short a site.

I'll do both after the refund if given the opportunity. of course I would NOT be expecting payment at all, obviously.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This has spiraled into what I hoped it wouldn't.

It's fine, Zurc and Credit will get their refunds today, I can't stress enough that this is not some huge clever scam or what have you.

Carl, Jared emailed you what he did because he was totally caught off guard with allegations and his email showing up in this thread. I believe Jared emailed you back the following

He was simply confused as to what was going on and he's aware he was refunding you the $400 on my behalf for the photographs.

Everyone here emailing people back and forth and going on about it when i clearly stated a refund would be made within 24hours is a bit over the top but I do understand where everyone is coming from and how this might look. Again, it's just a set of misunderstandings and I plan to pan everyone of them out once the refunds are made so that we can discuss anything that needs discussing on level grounds.

I apologize for the way these situations were handled and hope that im given time to refund the money and answer any questions so that this issue is fully resolved and any misunderstandings cleared.

PS. Cathy is not an alleged accomplice and saying things like that is a bit much. her involvement in this is in no way related to my taking on of these projects etc, same with Jared. Also, no, I do not have multiple accounts on this forum, and i'm certain that mods/admins could look into that.

"Jared" indicated he too was taken by MikeK but knows him by the name Toni Zova. I wasn't buying it though and after several email confrontations he resolved the dispute. This one is getting better by the minute...

Doesn't sound like a scammer to me. Usually the job's complete a couple hours after I PM the request, and I pay after the work is done, in fact I still owe him for a job. :eek:k:

Nearly all graphic artists I hire can take weeks to do a job, when you can get hold of them.

Character witnesses like you are hard to find. Do you also play alibi witness for $20? :)

I understand that the decision to release MikeK's information is a serious one that must be run up the chain.

However, in light of all his possible a/k/a's, use of different PayPal accounts, etc., and to maintain/restore faith in DNF, I don't think it's too much to ask that in the interim the mods or admins at least check his registration, upgrade, payment and verification information and verify that "Michael Kane" is who he purports to be.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Carl (DomainFatigue);
The refunds are being made to Zurc and Credit as I stated and included in the paypal payment comment notes will be full disclosure that they are 'refunds' etc with details as to what for. Also included will be a note that the payment is either directly from me or on my behalf.

I'm not a scammer and the issuing of payments or receipt of payments, from either a friends, a partner, or someone even acting on my behalf is no crime.

I am in no way refusing to make refunds so please calm down. I understand everyone is frustrated by the turn of events and I'm sorry for that. Escalating the events in the case I refuse to resolve the issue is another thing entirely.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I trust you as much as I trust MikeK, you proved to me the other night when you offered me a domain name as I had the highest offer for a fixed price and before I could respond (within 30 mins) you sold it to someone else.

Thesed type of actions make me lose respect for people and to only be able to think the worst.

MikeK is already sounding delusional in this thread. He tries to play this civil person who hasn't screwed anyone over, when in fact that is all he is trying to do here.

Admins, please start checking IP's and verifying his information.

Carl (DomainFatigue);
The refunds are being made to Zurc and Credit as I stated and included in the paypal payment comment notes will be full disclosure that they are 'refunds' etc with details as to what for. Also included will be a note that the payment is either directly from me or on my behalf.

I'm not a scammer and the issuing of payments or receipt of payments, from either a friends, a partner, or someone even acting on my behalf is no crime.

I am in no way refusing to make refunds so please calm down. I understand everyone is frustrated by the turn of events and I'm sorry for that. Escalating the events in the case I refuse to resolve the issue is another thing entirely.

Where are the refunds you gimp? Got to scheme someone into sending them to us?

How come you can't pick up your phone and talk like a real man? Your a pathetic excuse for a human being.

MikeK claims to be this Manhattan New York designer who moved from Michigan, but is there a reason as to why his phone number is registered in Delaware? Reverse phone searches coming soon...

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Carl (DomainFatigue);

Incidentally, MikeH also scammed me into using the services of Toni Zova for link building. It took me a while to recognize the name. I paid him $200 a while back before this all started to someone in Australia. To date, all I have is a link on Wikipedia and one on sloveniandesigner.com

I initiated a PayPal dispute and expect a full refund Michael Kane / Toni Zova / Jared Lunde or whatever your real name is.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I supported MikeK earlier.

For one, and on behalf of all of us domainers and especially, the developers who seek work here; one thing, YOU CANNOT do or bring in personal information/data here. PERIOD.

If I had to make a thread and defame every developer who was late on my work or didn't do it according to what I was "thinking", then there'd be a lot of "Please be aware of.....". I have had work done with many, many developers and with MikeK and to date, not one of them is deserving of the treatment that MikeK is getting.

He has done work for free here and from what I have read, provided work done for pay and has given refunds.

MikeK is and has been working on site(s) for me, some completed and two others pending. I have paid MikeK and have paid him according to his wishes, LIKE I DO FOR OTHERS here as well. They can give me details to send to their sister, mother, cousin, their corporation, etc., it doesn't matter who gets it as long as I get the interchange was completed. And I would certainly not reveal who gets my paypal as its no one's business and its against DNF TOS rules to exploit any member like MikeK has gone thru and other good domainers and developers has went thru.

Credit and Zurc.net, please contact me and I will be doing the same, but on behalf of ending this, I will be providing the refunds on behalf of MikeK. Send me your PP.

Later, Wired

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I paid her for the sites.

I will check the names again when I get home.

DNF is taking way to long to address this and protect its members from an obvious scammer.

Submitted ticket, I am assuming we have to wait for Admin to get up, not sure if the others have access to limiting MikeK's account or verifying his information.

We were patient enough with this idiot, I guess we can give the admin's / moderator's a bit more time.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

...its against DNF TOS rules to exploit any member like MikeK has gone thru and other good domainers and developers has went thru.

Later, Wired

You believe this guy? MikeK is the victim.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

For one, and on behalf of all of us domainers and especially, the developers who seek work here; one thing, YOU CANNOT do or bring in personal information/data here. PERIOD.

If I had to make a thread and defame every developer who was late on my work or didn't do it according to what I was "thinking", then there'd be a lot of "Please be aware of.....". I have had work done with many, many developers and with MikeK and to date, not one of them is deserving of the treatment that MikeK is getting.

He has done work for free here and from what I have read, provided work done for pay and has given refunds.

MikeK is and has been working on site(s) for me, some completed and two others pending. I have paid MikeK and have paid him according to his wishes, LIKE I DO FOR OTHERS here as well. They can give me details to send to their sister, mother, cousin, their corporation, etc., it doesn't matter who gets it as long as I get the interchange was completed. And I would certainly not reveal who gets my paypal as its no one's business and its against DNF TOS rules to exploit any member like MikeK has gone thru and other good domainers and developers has went thru.

Credit and Zurc.net, please contact me and I will be doing the same, but on behalf of ending this, I will be providing the refunds on behalf of MikeK. Send me your PP.

Later, Wired

Free petty work to steal hundreds, if not thousands of dollars? What a man of honor.

I can understand if this was his first incident, but he has been banned from other forums for selling stolen templates / content and this isn't the first time this situation has happened here.

He is obviously taking peoples money with no intent of completing the work, it is just a chain of interest free loans and having others pay for it, just to once again in this psychotic cycle, owe someone else money.

IF at any time he turned in the work that he has supposebly completed during this entire time frame, this thread wouldn't be here. Even if he did it in the middle, I wouldn't still be posting here. I definitely would of wanted the thread to stay as people should be aware of a "business" "man" like himself, but for you to say this is all unwarranted, lol, I am baffled.

I will wait to see if he makes Payment on his own end by tonight to take you up on your offer, last thing I want to happen here is another person getting stiffed by this con man.

You believe this guy? MikeK is the victim.

I can't really blame him, I was fooled as well... but with this information now available to him / everyone, not sure how someone would come in here to defend him, they obviously have their reasons.

Hopefully MikeK doesn't do to him what he has done to us after putting our trust into him.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Pm'ed zurc.net and Credit (your Pm storage is full, please contact me or make room for my Pm).

Thank you. Wired

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please Mike (Zurc) there's no need for defamatory posts like that. I have never in my life stolen from anyone, and anyone that has been unsatisfied with work done or wanted a refund for work not done, they've received it.

Wired who I work with will be making the refunds on my behalf as I would have done myself. It has been publicly stated and again, I'm in no way trying to scam anyone. I've been willing to resolve any issues that were brought up and have never refused anyone a refund or tried to prove anyone wrong.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please Mike (Zurc) there's no need for defamatory posts like that. I have never in my life stolen from anyone, and anyone that has been unsatisfied with work done or wanted a refund for work not done, they've received it.

Wired who I work with will be making the refunds on my behalf as I would have done myself. It has been publicly stated and again, I'm in no way trying to scam anyone. I've been willing to resolve any issues that were brought up and have never refused anyone a refund or tried to prove anyone wrong.

Give me a break, defamatory? Sorry, but you must learn the definition of that word. You have done more than prove your position in this situation. Check out Fraud while you are at it.

Having other people that you have fooled pay off your debts isn't going to keep working for you. This is only going to last so long.

If you need money, ask a family member to lend it to you, don't go around making promises to people for work and then just keep there money to pay your bills and then offer a refund whenever it is most appropriate for you to convince someone else to pay off the debts.

considering you have stated over and over that the work you have done for me was being done and almost completed, send it to me, if it fits my specifications, keep the money and buy yourself a coke and a smile on me.

Moving this to unresolved.

Please refrain from posting any personal information and also do not post any more false accusations.

Can you please point out the "False accusations"? I am curious to know what you think maybe "false".

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moving this to unresolved.

Please refrain from posting any personal information and also do not post any more false accusations.

Please advise what false accusations you are referring to?

Can you please point out the "False accusations"? I am curious to know what you think maybe "false".

Mods have been covering this up from the get go. Isn't it obvious by now?

Toni, where is my refund for the link-building not done?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please advise what false accusations you are referring to?

Every post you made claiming that Johnn and the DNF mods are "friends" with Mike K - one post (that thread has been deleted) where you claimed that we were also in on the scam.

and in this thread from you:
Do you also play alibi witness for $20?

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods have been covering this up from the get go. Isn't it obvious by now?

How many times do we have to go through this with you regarding a certain Mods involvement, or should I say lack there of? Putting the DNF staff now in the middle of it and accusing a cover up is going way over board.

We are aware of this thread and the complaints against MikeK. We are doing everything in our power to leave these threads open and let MikeK work the issues out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom