Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Protrada.com have you tried them.. what do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not linking my accounts for any potential of security breach. My accounts are very important.... I also do not find a link to build the websites with my credits...

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice. Just wondering how the site is monetized. Is it purely affiliate? The ads come from CheaperForYou.com but never heard of them. Also wondering if the site will get indexed. Anyways, looks good at first impression.
Thanx @Tom K
If you enter your AdSense account details the ads on websites you build will be served by AdChoices. If you prefer not to enter your details then your websites will serve ads from Yahoo! and no revenue is generated. Websites built within Protrada are indexed because they follow SEO principles.

Regards,
​Team Protrada

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I am not linking my accounts for any potential of security breach. My accounts are very important.... I also do not find a link to build the websites with my credits...
Hey @tekz999,
When you import and verify a domain, buy or win an auction (after it is transferred to you) the Build Website option will appear in the tool menu next to that domain.
Regards,
​Team Protrada

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The spam has to do wityh direct e-mail, not whether it is free or not. Besides, you are too much of an insider and you are always hyping yourself with all this God stuff and Hall of Fame nonsense. I don't want your reviews sent to me via e-mail. Plus, I always get all kinds of double-talk when i bring up stuff like this rather than a direct answer. it is annoying.
You've been here since Nov 2003, and have enjoyed ~127 trader-rated transactions, and you have the brass balls to be so disrespecful? I tell you what matey, if I was running this forum, your arse would be out of here. You're taking advantage of people's good nature. Moron.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanx @Tom K
If you enter your AdSense account details the ads on websites you build will be served by AdChoices. If you prefer not to enter your details then your websites will serve ads from Yahoo! and no revenue is generated. Websites built within Protrada are indexed because they follow SEO principles.

Regards,
​Team Protrada

Any sucess story of any domains indexed quite nicely in Google? Like to see some good examples before starting building sites like this. In this way, do you expect to make more money than parking. Have you tried comparing parking vs such sites with few domains?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the domain industry, Protrada. Glad to see yet another company help support our industry.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i don't consider inquiries or questions about a service that is advertised on and supported by this forum, to be disrespectful.

some may not have a problem with divulging any info that's requested, others are cautious and therefore hesitant.

still, both may want to participate, if/when their respective issues are resolved.

if the service wants their business, then they will or won't, continue to respond.

and that too sends a message

:)

all i wanna do, is see the l-i-s-t

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, if you're alluding to my post, i quoted a personal attack which I found to be very disrespectful. I have no issues about enquiries or questions about the service.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now we are getting spam e-mail from DNForum about this. It says it is a review from Adam Dicker but it looks more like an ad. In any case how do I unsubscribe?

Russ,

If it is spam you are worried about, in your account you are set to receive emails from admin, please go to:

http://www.dnforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

... and uncheck the box that you checked marked "Receive Email from Administrators"

This should fix your issue.

Adam

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The spam has to do wityh direct e-mail, not whether it is free or not. Besides, you are too much of an insider and you are always hyping yourself with all this God stuff and Hall of Fame nonsense. I don't want your reviews sent to me via e-mail. Plus, I always get all kinds of double-talk when i bring up stuff like this rather than a direct answer. it is annoying.

I missed this comment, clearly you are bitter and disrespectful at the very least.

Adam

flippuccino

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see I'm the only one who agrees with KF.

Let's be clear… the email was spam, not a 'review.' The review portion seems to be all of one sentence. And like KF was getting at, it doesn't matter whether there's a free trial or free credits. It was an email promoting a company, sent to users who may not have expected or wished to receive an email like that.

As far as I've ever seen, a forum option to 'receive email from administrators' doesn't include getting sent spam.

If Adam/DNF want to send emails like that, there should be a second checkbox specifically for promotional mailings. Email from administrators should be reserved for things like downtime notices, service updates, etc.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Adam/DNF want to send emails like that, there should be a second checkbox specifically for promotional mailings. Email from administrators should be reserved for things like downtime notices, service updates, etc.

Their should also be a checkbox to say 'I have been here two months and made 21 posts and thus I should be able to dictate how the forum runs to the owner of the forum'. Don't expect that one anytime soon.
You are free to voice your opinion but not free to dictate how I run my forum.

I just noticed you signed up and took the free credits so what exactly are you complaining about?

Adam

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats funny is that I am a member of dozens of forums, most which have nothing to do with domains, and I get dozens of emails from them every week and in the 4+ years I have been a member here, I don't think I have gotten more than 4 emails, if that many at all from DNF. True story.

Some people just like to complain no matter what the situation is.

Btw, Protrada is not only an awesome system, but their customer service is the best I have experienced in this industry. Always fast responses to any of my inquiries and I am by far no Big Wig domainer with a million dollar + portfolio.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Let's be clear… the email was spam, not a 'review.'
Not sure how well you know Adam, but partly because of my training and dealing with words, I could more or less tell what's on people's mind from between the lines (that is actually called discourse analysis). And judging from this particular email, and comparing it with quite a few other "promotional" email also sent by DNForum in the past, I could say that this Protrada review is a genuine recommendation from Adam himself. That it could also be a strategic partnership in the making does NOT change the fact that Adam truly thinks it's a good deal for fellow domain investors.

To be honest, I didn't click on every link DNForum sent. Actually, I seldom click on any. But this one was so different. I followed the link, visited Protrada's website, and signed up myself. Allow me to say it again, this is the best deal DNForum has offered in YEARS, because Protrada is the most ambitious startup of this industry I've come across in more than a decade (since GreatDomains).

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

What's more annoying is having to read through your crappy domains in today's posts.

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Let's be clear… the email was spam, not a 'review.' The review portion seems to be all of one sentence. And like KF was getting at, it doesn't matter whether there's a free trial or free credits. It was an email promoting a company, sent to users who may not have expected or wished to receive an email like that.

As far as I've ever seen, a forum option to 'receive email from administrators' doesn't include getting sent spam.

Hello @flippuccino,
I noticed in your original post (which was automatically emailed after you submitted your response) that you found some outstanding quieres in the forums that you feel weren't adequately answered. If you PM me with any questions you have, or want to Quote them in a new post, I'll do my absolute best to answer them or find the person here who has the answer.
We're a small team outside of the US time zones so if it takes us a little longer to answer posts than normal so please forgive us. We are in the process of ramping up our US operations in the New Year.

And big thanks to the supporters we have in these forums. Starting a business and launching a new product from scratch is hard work and we really appreciate all the feedback we get; good and not so good.

Regards,
Craig

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their should also be a checkbox to say 'I have been here two months and made 21 posts and thus I should be able to dictate how the forum runs to the owner of the forum'. Don't expect that one anytime soon.
You are free to voice your opinion but not free to dictate how I run my forum.

I just noticed you signed up and took the free credits so what exactly are you complaining about?

Adam
Banged to rights there. Bloody cheek.

frankburns

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can I use credits, the admin area doesnt explain it to well

Last edited:

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@frankburns

Hello,
You can use credits to develop sites for your domains. This allows you to monetize your domain investments and also promote domains that you list for sale on Protrada.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will happily answer.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

how can I use credits, the admin area doesnt explain it to well

Knocks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A $1 credit card "authorization fee" at signup, really? Way to nickle and dime a brand new customer and make a first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators