Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Protrada.com have you tried them.. what do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Protrada

This is some of the best and proactive customer service I have witnessed. Keep up the good work.

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Protrada

This is some of the best and proactive customer service I have witnessed. Keep up the good work.
Thanx @TravelFastpitch. Appreciate your feedback. We sure will be aiming to offer the best customer service possible.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Protrada, I think your platform is quite ambitious and innovative. A few questions:

1. Do you use your own system to pick up names?

2. Is it possible that you can see all the names your customers are searching for and putting the last minute bids on? I would hate to dig up diamonds in the rough only to have it guaranteed that now I will get into a competitive auction after using the protrada platform.

I guess my biggest issue is that I do not trust any domain company and especially any that competes with their customers.

Deleted member 5660

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Thanks for trying Protrada. All your account details are absolutely secure via Go Daddy SSL and encrypted but if you like, Go Daddy allows the creation of sub-accounts. You can transfer some of your domains into this account to use with Protrada.

An essential element of agreements with our partners is to provide the highest level of security for our members' details. We are constantly being reviewed by our security partners Trustee and McAfee.

You might also like our new pricing plans which we released today.

Regards,

Team Protrada

The question was about providing your passwords to third parties like Protrada. You didn't answer the question and only addressed SSL transmissions which involves sniffing the network, not giving your login details to Protrada. I wouldn't give some unknown company those passwords without more assurance than some off-topic response meant to evade giving a direct answer.

BTW- TRUSTe is no assurance of any sort. They are paid by the companies they are supposed to be monitoring. When i tried to enforce the privacuy policies of companies like Comcast, Microsoft, and Cisco I got nowhere. Comcast even said it didn't matter what their privacy policy said, they were giving me information they collected about me. TRUSTe is worthless.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much for that list of top keywords that have been searched so far?

cause i know you got one by now

:)

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Protrada, I think your platform is quite ambitious and innovative. A few questions:

1. Do you use your own system to pick up names?

2. Is it possible that you can see all the names your customers are searching for and putting the last minute bids on? I would hate to dig up diamonds in the rough only to have it guaranteed that now I will get into a competitive auction after using the protrada platform.

I guess my biggest issue is that I do not trust any domain company and especially any that competes with their customers.
Hi @onward,
Appreciate your feedback.

Q1: We do use the system to test functionality only, before making new features live for members. These domains have very low competition and won’t be renewed.

Q2: No. We understand this scenario. The bidding functionality in Protrada was created to ensure members have the best chance of winning domains for the lowest price. Protrada shows internal and external bidders but members cannot search or sort by the internal field. It was necessary to show internal bidders so that members could understand the competition structure within Protrada.

We’re a technology and services company not in the business of building a portfolio. Our business is about helping domainers find undervalued aftermarket domains faster and more easily than even before with the most relevant and accurate data.

If you need more help please don’t hesitate to PM us or post again.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2. Is it possible that you can see all the names your customers are searching for

is it possible that namejet, snap, gd, pool and others can see all the names users are searching for?

hell yes!

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how much for that list of top keywords that have been searched so far?

cause i know you got one by now

:)
Hi @biggedon,
We do not collect that data.

Regards,
Team Protrada

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

is it possible that namejet, snap, gd, pool and others can see all the names users are searching for?

hell yes!
Hi again @biggedon,

Hell no. :) We do not collect that data.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Protrada

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The question was about providing your passwords to third parties like Protrada. You didn't answer the question and only addressed SSL transmissions which involves sniffing the network, not giving your login details to Protrada. I wouldn't give some unknown company those passwords without more assurance than some off-topic response meant to evade giving a direct answer.

BTW- TRUSTe is no assurance of any sort. They are paid by the companies they are supposed to be monitoring. When i tried to enforce the privacuy policies of companies like Comcast, Microsoft, and Cisco I got nowhere. Comcast even said it didn't matter what their privacy policy said, they were giving me information they collected about me. TRUSTe is worthless.

@Keyword Factory
Apologies for not making myself clear in the earlier post. Security of our members’ account details is paramount to our business. We use best practice principles for all data security. Any breach at all could do untold damage to our reputation and level of trust.

If you or anyone has any suggestions on what you would like to see Protrada do to ease any security or privacy concerns feel free to post here or PM me.

Regards,
Team Protrada

Deleted member 5660

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After reading the web site and hearing the explanations I still have no idea why you would need my account passwords. In particular domain auctions have nothing to do with Adsense and I believe it is technically a violation of the Adsense TOS to give your data to a third party.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi @biggedon,
We do not collect that data.

Regards,
Team Protrada

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Hi again @biggedon,

Hell no. :) We do not collect that data.

Regards,
Team Protrada

tell me anything :)

now you say you don't, but you certainly have expressed your right to do so

per yo TOS:

8.3 All content, database information, data and services available on, and collected as a whole through this Site are property of the Company, its affiliates, advertisers and its licensors and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other proprietary rights and laws.

8.4 The Company shall own all right, title and interest in and to any and all content, reports, statistics, data, etc., generated by the Company platform and services with respect to each domain as well as all content generated by users of the domains

so if you ever decide to "collect" that data in the future, can i please get a slice?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just built this site in less thanh 3 minutes 3dhomecinemas.ca

I love this system!

Nice. Just wondering how the site is monetized. Is it purely affiliate? The ads come from CheaperForYou.com but never heard of them. Also wondering if the site will get indexed. Anyways, looks good at first impression.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a huge achievement. We do a similar thing (~10 million domains) for the .UK market, so I know how much work's involved. Importantly, Troy obviously has customer support as a priority. Kudos to him, and best of luck from me.

Deleted member 5660

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now we are getting spam e-mail from DNForum about this. It says it is a review from Adam Dicker but it looks more like an ad. In any case how do I unsubscribe?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Deleted member 5660

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The spam has to do wityh direct e-mail, not whether it is free or not. Besides, you are too much of an insider and you are always hyping yourself with all this God stuff and Hall of Fame nonsense. I don't want your reviews sent to me via e-mail. Plus, I always get all kinds of double-talk when i bring up stuff like this rather than a direct answer. it is annoying.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are people on this forum so rude?

Be respectful or say nothing at all

I have alot of respect to the launch of a new business.

It is not an easy task.

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a huge achievement. We do a similar thing (~10 million domains) for the .UK market, so I know how much work's involved. Importantly, Troy obviously has customer support as a priority. Kudos to him, and best of luck from me.

thanks Dale, appreciate the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators