Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Shame, Shame, Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently, I have had buyers back out of three sales after committing to the purchase of fixed pricing.

The sales were public threads and commitments.

I don't care if it was $1 one dollar or $1 one million dollars (it was neither of those amounts), it is a commitment, a contract, and a matter of principle.

I did not leave a negative iTrader because I just didn't feel like it.

But here's the ball buster...not only did these members not respond to several PM's over several days after posting sold, they are still running around on the forum as if nothing ever happened and continue to post in sales threads.

It is the audacity of these members who totally ignore a seller as if somehow, in a miraculous way, the PM machine does not work. I really can't think of too many misinterpretations of SOLD in a public thread.

The reason I bring this up now is because I have been communicating with a few other members who are encountering similar issues. Bottom line, it appears that there is a big upswing of non-payment after committing to buy. Or, posting an offer with no intent of paying that amount when offering accepting within a very short time period.

There are too many no-show, no-pay buyers circulating on the forum.

A red iTrader mark does not, in my opinion, does not do much in the prevention of or detering these members from continuing on in a casual business as usual manner.

With proof provided (the thread, the sent PM's) and adequate time period established for completing the deal I feel that there should be a more firmer stance by the forum than simply getting a little red tick mark.

Upvote 0

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Precisely. Why leave a negative iTrader rating when that person obviously does not care. And yet allow them to continue on the forum conducting business as usual?
No thanks.
Recess is over, kids. Time to put on your big boy pants and give an accounting of yourself.

Time for action on the part of those that have been screwed.
1) Call out the names of the offenders.
2) Give them the appropriate rating on iTrader
3) Let the Admins dish out the bans....temp or otherwise

iTrader is a good system if everyone uses it. It does require some dispute resolution by Mods in some cases if they are willing to take the time. There are people on this forum that don't deserve to be here.........the community needs to call out those that fail to fulfill their business agreements.

On another note...there are a few disruptive trolls that seem to be here only to disrupt and post BS. They should also be dealt with temp ban or otherwise.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking at changing some rules and making sure users agree to the new rules regarding sales threads.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Someone earlier today (and yesterday) attempted to swindle potential buyers with a domain sale, claiming traffic numbers that in no way matched the real figures. This should be an outright ban, just like when thieves try to sell stolen domains.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking at changing some rules and making sure users agree to the new rules regarding sales threads.

-=DCG=-
Bravo!

Now, if you could only arrange for me to win a week of NFL pool plus the year-end grand finale, it would be much appreciated.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-
Great! That is what DNF makes special !
It understands ! So, when I will be back on holidays , before doing anything, I have to first read rules.

A request: Which all categories / section rules are changed, please do highlight; so that it's easy to catch on rather seeing locks, alerts and warnings :)

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Someone earlier today (and yesterday) attempted to swindle potential buyers with a domain sale, claiming traffic numbers that in no way matched the real figures. This should be an outright ban, just like when thieves try to sell stolen domains.

agree!

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc - your best bet is to leave negative feedback. If they leave retaliatory feedback it can be investigated by the admins.

I left negetive feedback for a member long time ago for backing out of a deal and he gave me retaliatory feedback. How do I get this investigated and fixed ?

In addition to the issue of backing out of a deal , another issue needs to be addressed.

When so called buyers post their requirements and a seller sends domain(s) as per the needs , buyer must make counter offer - no matter how small. It will bring out the truth of those who post $$,$$$ or $$$,$$$ budget (even per name !!!). There are buyers who claim to have purchased many domains but never respond to sellers submissions. Are they gathering lists of domains for purpose other than buying ? Such persons also need to be exposed.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I opted not to leave negative feedbacks anymore. The problem is that you will get a negative one in retaliation,
and after that you will have to beg one of the mods or Adam to delete it. I personally don't want to bother an
owner of the forum with this crap. I did once, but I don't think it makes any sense.

So yes, I think the system doesn't work. People don't pay, but to preserve your own feedback you shouldn't
leave any negative feedback to others.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that you will get a negative one in retaliation,
and after that you will have to beg one of the mods or Adam to delete it. I personally don't want to bother an
owner of the forum with this crap. I did once, but I don't think it makes any sense.

It's worth leaving the negative feedback and bothering me, it alerts others to potential issues before they lose time or money as well.

-=DCG=-

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed...

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's worth leaving the negative feedback and bothering me, it alerts others to potential issues before they lose time or money as well.

-=DCG=-

Thank you, I appreciate that!

The iTrader is a big reason for doing business on DNF.

Just yesterday I had to deal with a real a-hole who contacted me outside the forum. After a little investigation I find out he goes by several names, claims to represent a company that doesn't seem to exist, and works out of a Mailboxes etc type of address. Had I agreed to do business with him, I'm sure I could count the minutes until the chargeback hit my account.

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed...

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My guess is that he sent the payment to the wrong e-mail address and the payment got refunded.

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed...

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This ONE THREAD had a TOTAL of THREE people NOT paying.

Come on, that is pretty damn lame for people not to pay $20 bucks for names claimed.

$20 bucks means nothing to me. But when other people notify me to be backup buyers, then while I am waiting on payment that means someone else is being knocked out of the buying process.

I don't have time to worry about or care about 20 bucks. I want fast and smooth transactions. I want people to be happy with their purchases, no matter the cost.

It is not about the money. It is about commitment and conducting business.

One of the buyers finally backed out of the sale and had the decency to tell me...two or three days later.

Do you have any idea how many other members wanted to buy mowed.net? Or even aircars.net?

I finally said to myself, screw it. It is not worth all this trouble to sell a domain for 20 bucks. and closed the thread.

No, I don't need 20 bucks.

What I need is people to fulfill their commitment to purchase once they post (or even PM sold). Because, meanwhile...once I post SOLD, I consider it sold and the other members consider it sold.

In fact, there have been so many unpaid domains on the forum lately, even when I am late to a sale that posts a name has been sold, I have started indicating that I will be the backup buyer. And guess what? It has worked! And now I am seeing more and more members posting the same thing. I presume they are aware of the same issues with non paying bidders/buyers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom