Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Shame, Shame, Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently, I have had buyers back out of three sales after committing to the purchase of fixed pricing.

The sales were public threads and commitments.

I don't care if it was $1 one dollar or $1 one million dollars (it was neither of those amounts), it is a commitment, a contract, and a matter of principle.

I did not leave a negative iTrader because I just didn't feel like it.

But here's the ball buster...not only did these members not respond to several PM's over several days after posting sold, they are still running around on the forum as if nothing ever happened and continue to post in sales threads.

It is the audacity of these members who totally ignore a seller as if somehow, in a miraculous way, the PM machine does not work. I really can't think of too many misinterpretations of SOLD in a public thread.

The reason I bring this up now is because I have been communicating with a few other members who are encountering similar issues. Bottom line, it appears that there is a big upswing of non-payment after committing to buy. Or, posting an offer with no intent of paying that amount when offering accepting within a very short time period.

There are too many no-show, no-pay buyers circulating on the forum.

A red iTrader mark does not, in my opinion, does not do much in the prevention of or detering these members from continuing on in a casual business as usual manner.

With proof provided (the thread, the sent PM's) and adequate time period established for completing the deal I feel that there should be a more firmer stance by the forum than simply getting a little red tick mark.

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In fact, there have been so many unpaid domains on the forum lately, even when I am late to a sale that posts a name has been sold, I have started indicating that I will be the backup buyer. And guess what? It has worked! And now I am seeing more and more members posting the same thing. I presume they are aware of the same issues with non paying bidders/buyers.

I am trying to figure out why that is, you are not the only person to mention this. People can't be having buyer's remorse on $20 names can they?

It's odd that people would post sold then pull out in my opinion.

Note: There are rule changes coming this month that should end this and make people think twice before committing to names and not following through.

-=DCG=-

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed...

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The refund would have been automatic as the paypal email didn't exist.

This one seems to have worked itself out with good communication from both.

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why that is, you are not the only person to mention this. People can't be having buyer's remorse on $20 names can they?
Buyers remorse is one thing. No communication is another.

Seriously, two of the names in question were decent dot nets. I simply had no use for them anymore.

Why waste time trying to chase down people over $20 bucks??? That is why I just went ahead and closed the thread and just stopped the sale. It made no sense not to pay after claiming.

However, on the opposite side of things, that is why I have been very hesitant about leaving negatives. But if someone's reputation is not even worth twenty bucks, then so be it.

I think nam6641 and I have finally discovered what the issue is after all these months. I have had these people on my blocked list rather than have left a negative. That is why I started this thread in the first place. Non payers are definitely on the rise. This was not so much for my benefit, but...as I mentioned, I started indicating that I would be a back up buyer in some of these sales once I saw a name sold.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Achtung!

images

You're entering a weird field of the contract law.
This is a minefield.

It's odd that people would post sold then pull out in my opinion.

Note: There are rule changes coming this month that should end this and make people think twice before committing to names and not following through.

-=DCG=-

Last edited:

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Achtung!

You're entering a weird field of the contract law.
This is a minefield.

agree... but people should not take forums lightly!
sometimes, people tend to overlook as they know they do not have credit card #s etc stored and not LEGALLY bounded like SD, GD and all...

forum is a place where its more on users like us to make it a trustful platform and enjoy interaction with the other party too!!
rules must be reviewed and where ever required, should be changed

we cannot afford to have this beautiful place to be ruined because of few wrong goings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom