Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Social.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was stolen, that's maybe why you remember it.

no I remember it because of the 100 page appraisal thread that was deleted from this forum last year started by Montel,

or perhaps it was this one at DS

http://www.domainstate.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=73041&highlight=social.com

or this one at CC:

http://www.*******.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2975&highlight=social.com

or this 50 threader at NP

http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/282893-social-com.html?highlight=social.com

Gee, and this guy still doesn't know what his name is worth, please..

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:confused: ...that makes him the bad guy now. lol geez relax man

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was stolen, that's maybe why you remember it.

The name was out of my possession for a couple weeks in October, 2006 until it was returned. I have since moved the name from Namesecure to Moniker. I have become DNF Verified so that I might continue as a trusted member of this forum community.

I have posted asking for an appraisal on other forums, but only once in each case. My purpose is to get a variety of opinions. The appraisals here are very different than on another popular forum, but I value them equally.

I would like this to remain an appraisal only thread as per my original post.
Please feel free to PM me or a Moderator (regarding DNF verified status) with any other questions.

Thanks!

- BlueSkies

lpxxfaintxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great domain, maybe the Zune team from microsoft wants to buy it. :)

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excelent premium Domain!!!

If you don't find a buyer for low x,xxx,xxx keep it.

Best would be to invest a little capital in it to get it developed professionaly.

Good luck

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best would be to invest a little capital in it to get it developed professionaly.

That is a possibility, but my current intention is to sell the name early in 2007. Anyone interested can see the site for more details.

- BlueSkies

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain name Social.com will go on sale at Sedo starting March 21, 2007.

More details, including a link to the listing will be available at http://www.social.com on that date.

- BlueSkies

SocialInteraction

www.Jobsifieds.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the domain is worth way more then 6 figures. It is atleast a 7 figure undevelopled. 8 or more figures with a site up and running.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering that MySpace.com and Facebook.com, etc all do well without having "keywords" in their domain, I think this domain could easily be overvalued. Sure it's nice, but is it necessary to build a social site? No.

I value it at low six figures max.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope you put a hefty reserve on this.

Definitely.

Mid to high xxx,xxx would be a deep discount rate; low to mid x,xxx,xxx the 'real' rock bottom minimum; >mid x,xxx,xxx possible, and it's certainly worth it.

stillgreen

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That small press release doesn't mean anything at all. You can pay some $ and they will put your xxandndansdn.com as next record breaker.

Nothing serious, besides just words. No proofs.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be among the first to suggest plenty of things like that happen, but is that really the way things work with this particular author, and with bizreport.com?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt sell this, id dev this into a dating site with a twist.. get a think tank together and pour some money into it. The return would be worth far more than what you may get selling it at auction.

Good luck either way, nice name and nice reg.

Jack

tipsfromthetop

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Superb name there congrats on that.. Personally i have a dilema on this name what i would do if i owned it.. Sure its worth $xxx,xxx or higher but a question i keep asking myself wouldnt you make more money by leasing the name to a corporate fortune 500 company and take a seriously nice income yearly by leasing. A benefit of this would be the name would be owned by you, you would become pretty rich on a yearly return of profits from the lease and it would become a major traffic player and surely the value would increase substantially after a few years of lease to a level where the domain could be worth $xx,xxx,xxx.

I may be way off here but many people have mentioned names like youtube would be a reg free name if it did not become the player it has today.. your name is worth mega bucks as it is and the internet is pretty much covered by your domain as a social network so taking that into account this name + the power of a youtube size company behind could turn this domain into one if not the biggest valued names around.

Just my view.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Superb name there congrats on that.. Personally i have a dilema on this name what i would do if i owned it.. Sure its worth $xxx,xxx or higher but a question i keep asking myself wouldnt you make more money by leasing the name to a corporate fortune 500 company and take a seriously nice income yearly by leasing. A benefit of this would be the name would be owned by you, you would become pretty rich on a yearly return of profits from the lease and it would become a major traffic player and surely the value would increase substantially after a few years of lease to a level where the domain could be worth $xx,xxx,xxx.

I may be way off here but many people have mentioned names like youtube would be a reg free name if it did not become the player it has today.. your name is worth mega bucks as it is and the internet is pretty much covered by your domain as a social network so taking that into account this name + the power of a youtube size company behind could turn this domain into one if not the biggest valued names around.

Just my view.

i agree, very well summed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom