Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Today's TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do not be surprised... but i find it hard to believe CIRA is working to resolve this at 8 pm. So, maybe there are mistakes out there.

Register for the auction

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has anyone had any contact with CIRA?

Pool usualy sends some notification out...i have heard nothing

bigbody300

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
me too..im sitting here waiting! my first time on tbr...i had some high bids out there too..

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cancelled again????????
Time for some very serious explanations

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at least they are not adding anymore names...this time

bigbody300

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is such BS - i am so sick and tired of this crap! what kind of ass-hats are working over there are CIRA!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is such BS - i am so sick and tired of this crap! what kind of ass-hats are working over there are CIRA!

This is how the Whois should read, :pound::pound::pound::pound:

WHOIS Underlying Registry Data:
Domain name: xxxxxx.ca
Domain status: to be released
TBR Release date: Some time in the future - Your guess is as good as ours, eh!

% WHOIS look-up made at 2010-11-25 01:01:15 (GMT)
%
% Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal
% Notice, available at http://www.cira.ca/legal-notice/?lang=en
%
% (c) 2010 Canadian Internet Registration Authority, (http://www.cira.ca/)
See Standard WhoIs

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to ask Sibername to remove all my bids. The prices just keeps going up and up after each cancellation.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The prices just keeps going up and up after each cancellation.

I think all registrars should have frozen/locked the bidding and not reopened them to new bids since the bidding wasn't flawed...or reset all domain bids back to zero. JMO

---------- Post added 11-25-2010 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-24-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

http://www.cira.ca/cira-cancels-tbr-session-november-24-2010/

call this #

Jennifer Austin
Senior Manager, Communications and Marketing
(613) 237-5335 ext. 296

Thanks Ian :)

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really don't even know what to say at this point...

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The integrity of the system is all messed-up now. Everyone knows everyone else's bids. There's no good excuse for this. The only way to fix this would be to slowly release the TBRs in the order that they originally should've been released. Also, don't tell everyone when they're releasing because now it's just pushing prices up like any hard to get commodity. If we ever found out that someone was doing some of this on purpose (which we can never prove?) - this would be one of the biggest fraud cases in Canadian history. Who's to say that some registrars aren't in on it also - it's all garbage.

Who polices the police?...in this case, nobody!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it certainly appears someone got special treatment. CIRA admits - nothing changed this drop from the last - so if nothing technical changed and every other registrar connected it should be too damn bad for the one(s) who couldn't.

CIRA slams you hard if you connect to the tbr wrong(but won't run it again), but will run it again if you cannot. Where's the logic?

Some investigation of who's who over at CIRA and their connections to registrars should be examined and brought to light. If it is the same people and same registrars that couldn't connect this time - then heads should roll. In fact if it goes that far they should lose their positions and CIRA should be investigated even further by Industry Canada. An abuse of their mandate is a serious matter.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally understand the frustration everyone is feeling about the continued issues with the TBR, but ultimately I applaud CIRA for standing up for what is the "right thing to do". They are obviously taking a lot of heat from "the market" and clearly making this decision must have been very difficult for very obvious reaons. As I read CIRA's announcement, they found issues in this TBR that affected multiple registrars ability to successfully participate, and in the interst of fairness to all registrars, they are rescheduling. I would not expect CIRA to (and don't believe they have) reschedule if a registrar(s) made a technical mistake of their own.

Pool has not always been technically correct, some of you may remember a large drop in the past where our systems failed and we were unsuccessful at getting anything. CIRA did not cancel that TBR and more importantly as it was our error, we didn't ask them to. When that happens, we take our lumps and learn our lessons.

It is clear, however, that some elements of the TBR process has changed as a result of the migration to EPP when at first registrars thought the TBR would remain the same. Some of the changes were subtle, some implied by other changes in the EPP system that also affected TBR. Yesterday, was the first time that all registrars actually established connectivity in the TBR in a production mode and were able to fully see the impact of those changes And CIRA's analysis suggests that some registrars implementation of the changes while consistent with what they thought should happen, were not correct.

So, CIRA will be publishing a document within the next short while that details clearly for registrars what is expected in the TBR platform today, some of which has changed fundamentally from before. The net result will be that all registrars have a fair crack at acquiring their TBR orders when it runs once more next week.

I think it is important to understand that from CIRA's operational perspecitive, the TBR ran as it should this time. Their operations ran correctly and as they expected. I believe it was a number of registrars implementation of the new TBR requirements that may have missed the mark and again, CIRA has recognized the potential for ambiguity and will be releasing more clear directives to registrars in the next little while. Ultimately, the TBR will be re-established as a platform available and fair to all participants.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally understand the frustration everyone is feeling about the continued issues with the TBR, but ultimately I applaud CIRA for standing up for what is the "right thing to do". They are obviously taking a lot of heat from "the market" and clearly making this decision must have been very difficult for very obvious reaons. As I read CIRA's announcement, they found issues in this TBR that affected multiple registrars ability to successfully participate, and in the interst of fairness to all registrars, they are rescheduling. I would not expect CIRA to (and don't believe they have) reschedule if a registrar(s) made a technical mistake of their own.

Pool has not always been technically correct, some of you may remember a large drop in the past where our systems failed and we were unsuccessful at getting anything. CIRA did not cancel that TBR and more importantly as it was our error, we didn't ask them to. When that happens, we take our lumps and learn our lessons.

It is clear, however, that some elements of the TBR process has changed as a result of the migration to EPP when at first registrars thought the TBR would remain the same. Some of the changes were subtle, some implied by other changes in the EPP system that also affected TBR. Yesterday, was the first time that all registrars actually established connectivity in the TBR in a production mode and were able to fully see the impact of those changes And CIRA's analysis suggests that some registrars implementation of the changes while consistent with what they thought should happen, were not correct.

So, CIRA will be publishing a document within the next short while that details clearly for registrars what is expected in the TBR platform today, some of which has changed fundamentally from before. The net result will be that all registrars have a fair crack at acquiring their TBR orders when it runs once more next week.

I think it is important to understand that from CIRA's operational perspecitive, the TBR ran as it should this time. Their operations ran correctly and as they expected. I believe it was a number of registrars implementation of the new TBR requirements that may have missed the mark and again, CIRA has recognized the potential for ambiguity and will be releasing more clear directives to registrars in the next little while. Ultimately, the TBR will be re-established as a platform available and fair to all participants.

Sounds like a lot of fluff to me. CIRA apparently has no accountability.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool.com
"Their operations ran correctly and as they expected. I believe it was a number of registrars implementation of the new TBR requirements"

So, if Cira,s system is running correctly, then certain registrars are finding a loophole and exploiting the system for an unfair grab of domains. Which brings us back to the system Cira implemented, which once again, echos of incompetents. One may applaud Ciras attempt to make a broken system fair, however, does this really establish confidence in Cira? or are domainers , simply, to look forward to more mayhem.

flong101

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a load of bullcrap.

Sibername, Burmac, Baremetal, Myid, namespro, canspace, fastweb, and all the others had no issue and ran correctly and Pool has the guts to come and talk about ambiguity?

What a load of BS. You really believe we are all idiots here?

The multiple registrars referred to in CIRA system are the multiple registrars owned by POOL and no one else. What a joke and what a sad sad day for all those that even once believed in the impartiality of CIRA. Pool is now the protege of CIRA, and the rest of registrars can go screw themselves?

And we as registrants can all go to hell? Who cares that we keep wasting time week after week in this TBR while prices continue to go up?

In the end, CIRA is just a cover for Pool bending backwards to fill their pockets and accommodating their every whim and desire.

What a sad sad day. This is Canada? What have we left to corrupt third world countries?

How do we start an investigation? How do we force CIRA to reveal what has happened and their connections to Pool?

By the way namefox...Pool is a Momentous company:

http://momentous.ca/

The one company missing from the header here is CIRA, controlled by and manipulated by momentous :)

There is so much black deals going on here that it makes me sick.

How do we complain to industry canada and how do we force an investigation into what is happening here and in the relationship between cira and momentous?

Last edited:

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This whole thing doesn't make any sense to me. According to CIRA:

Ambiguity in the usage of some fields created the situation where some Registrars were not able to participate in the session. This was not a result of any changes to the new .CA registry system nor the TBR system, which remains unchanged. Accordingly, there will be no changes to either of these systems as a result of this issue.

I have no idea how to interpret that. The thing is, the TBR system is virtually unchanged from how it was before... I fail to see how a registrar could have messed this up. What "field" are they referring to? If this cancellation was a result of a registrar having done something wrong then it should never have been canceled in the first place. There is no excuse for that level of incompetence.

If the cancellation is a result of a mistake by CIRA - ie registrars who had their systems set up correctly but were unable to make any TBR registrations because of an error on CIRA's end - then yes it is fair that the session was canceled. However this demonstrates incompetence on the part of CIRA, and after being postponed for this long, there is no excuse for this level of incompetence either.

At this point we are beyond fed up. We have customers shaking their fists at us. There are more than just domainers here - we have customers who have domains that are important to their businesses (which dropped in the first place because of incompetent registrars) who desperately need them back. I fully sympathize with their issues, but unfortunately we're just as stuck as they are.

I'd like to know EXACTLY what the issue was. As soon as I find out I'll share it with you guys.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
flong101 you should read what you write before you push post.

First:... "Richard the head of Momentous was a founder of CIRA" Totally incorrect. I am not the head of Momentous and I had no role in the founding of CIRA and further have no current role at CIRA of any kind.

Second:... "The one company missing from the header here is CIRA, Owned by, controlled by, manipulated by, and protected by momentous." Again, totally incorrect. Momentous.ca has absolutely no control over CIRA implied or otherwise. There is also no corporate connection between Momentous and CIRA of any kind other than Momentous Registrars are accreditted to register CA domains. You might also remind your fellow registrants that the CIRA Board of Directors is ELECTED by CIRA "members" not by the registrar community. Did you vote?

Third:... "Who cares that we keep wasting time week after week in this TBR while prices continue to go up?" Whose prices are you referring to? CIRA has not changed any of its prices. Pool.com has not changed any of its prices. Pool.com does not even start aucitons until we get official results from CIRA. If you have a problem with other auction houses starting auctions before official results are known, I believe in some cases even before the TBR starts, perhaps you should be directing your concern at them?

Fourth:... "The multiple registrars referred to in CIRA system are the multiple registrars owned by POOL and no one else." That is totally contrary to the information we had been provided by CIRA. I would assume therefore that you have other information from CIRA or are you just making this stuff up to be combative?

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is clear, however, that some elements of the TBR process has changed as a result of the migration to EPP when at first registrars thought the TBR would remain the same. Some of the changes were subtle, some implied by other changes in the EPP system that also affected TBR.

Maybe I'm confused, but to me, the above passage doesn't jive with...

Ambiguity in the usage of some fields created the situation where some Registrars were not able to participate in the session. This was not a result of any changes to the new .CA registry system nor the TBR system, which remains unchanged.
http://www.cira.ca/cira-cancels-tbr-session-november-24-2010/

So did the TBR system change with the new EPP stuff (as per pool) or is it unchanged (as per CIRA)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom